Anyone here into watches?

Guest boatme99

Guest boatme99

Wow, what a response! I have 21 right now, but only a couple get serious wrist time. I just can't bring myself to part with any. When I figure out how to post photos, I'll try to get some on here. My guns too.

My everyday watch. It's in a sorry state. This one has taken hits, drops, bangs, weld splatter, and more.

DSC_2649.jpg

For special occasions.

DSC_2650.jpg

And my Marssa pocket watch. Made in the USSR.

DSC_2644.jpg

DSC_2648.jpg

Edited by Mike
Guest colombianito1021

I have a suunto vector. Its an awesome watch that i have deployed twice with. Only thing needed in 4 years is a band switch and 1 battery. Its old and ugly but i love it.

Thanks for planting this in my head, I've been surfing ebay every since I saw this!!

I contacted Doxa last year about getting set up as a dealer.

I could have pre-sold about 20 watches to good customers, and was planning on adding Doxa as our premium watch line. :koolaid:

Their response?

Dear Joe,

Thank you so much for your interest in the DOXA collection and the possibility of carrying the DOXA line in your store.

At the present time, we are only opening up retail accounts with watch/jewelry specialty stores.

We would like to keep your request on file for now, and should our retail plan change we will contact you.

Thank you again Joe for thinking of us, and we wish you and Hero-Gear the best of success!

:down:

Thanks for planting this in my head, I've been surfing ebay every since I saw this!!

Be Very, Very careful buying high end watches on ebay, alot of manufacturers will not honor warranties as many fake watches are sold, Breitling and some others warn you not to buy theirs on the NET, a word of advice, if you are willing to spend this much cash on a watch, buy it through an authorized vendor, they will make you a great deal and you will know it is authentic and guaranteed :koolaid:

Edited by willis68
Be Very, Very carefull buying high end watches on ebay, alot of manufacturers will not honor warranties as many fake watches are sold, Breitling and some others warn you not to buy theirs on the NET, a word of advice, if you are willing to spend this much cash on a watch, buy it through an authorized vendor, they will make you a great deal and you will know it is authentic and guaranteed :koolaid:

On the other hand, you can score some excellent deals on eBay if you know what you are looking for and are an educated buyer. I paid right around $300 for my GSAR w/o serial #, which is a great price. However, I have a couple jewelry guys that I stick to for higher end stuff like Breitling, Omega and Rolex...unless it is an out of this world deal or rare find and I know it is authentic.

Watchuseek.com also has an extensive classifieds section to peruse. I;m sure a lot of you guys know about that site though.

On the other hand, you can score some excellent deals on eBay if you know what you are looking for and are an educated buyer. I paid right around $300 for my GSAR w/o serial #, which is a great price. However, I have a couple jewelry guys that I stick to for higher end stuff like Breitling, Omega and Rolex...unless it is an out of this world deal or rare find and I know it is authentic.

Watchuseek.com also has an extensive classifieds section to peruse. I;m sure a lot of you guys know about that site though.

No offense Brandon, but I can get you Marathon GSR watches, no serial number for less than $200.00 all over Houston Texas, my point it there is no way to verify the authenticity of it over the internet, I do not care how educated of a buyer you are,

Picture001.jpg

Some of the daily rotation...G-Shock Mudman, Invicta 2247 beater, Breitling SuperOcean, Hamilton Khaki Auto, Seiko Orange Monster, Seiko 007, Seiko Atlas, Accutron VX-200, Marathon GSAR, Invicta S1, Black Monster

Edited by BrandonTN
No offense Brandon, but I can get you Marathon GSR watches, no serial number for less than $200.00 all over Houston Texas, my point it there is no way to verify the authenticity of it over the internet, I do not care how educated of a buyer you are,

Considering there was a limited run of the no Serial number or contract dated GSARs, I'm not sure how they are "all over Houston." Also, there are things you can ask a seller or specific things to look for to verify authenticity. Buy from a trusted seller and there should be no issues (knock on wood). Obviously, if it is a $100 Daytona and the seller has 85% feedback, it is likely fake. Just use some common sense.

http://www.countycomm.com/announcement.htm

Edited by BrandonTN
Considering there was a limited run of the no Serial numbered GSARs, I'm not sure how they are "all over Houston." Also, there are things you can ask a seller or specific things to look for to verify authenticity. Buy from a trusted seller and there should be no issues (knock on wood). Obviously, if it is a $100 Daytona and the seller has 85% feedback, it is likely fake. Just use some common sense.

They are more than likely fake, that is why I do not own one, the authentic Marathon GSARs are some of the finest diving watches, you have a very nice collection by the way

They are more than likely fake, that is why I do not own one, the authentic Marathon GSARs are some of the finest diving watches, you have a very nice collection by the way

Thanks...also read the release I just posted. It is pretty interesting. The seller I purchased it from was in the armed forces, which would make sense and I have removed the case back and checked everything out. I'm also not too worried about service as I know of several individuals who service Marathons. If this is a fake, someone spent way too much time trying to replicate it, including using the correct movement and engraving the correct corresponding CAGE and NRC ID # on the back. Yes, it's possible, but I'm pretty comfortable that it is legit. Anyways, it has been going strong for a couple years, so I am happy. :koolaid:

But I agree with you, there are way too many fake "big name" brands out there...buyer beware, especially these days when everyone is trying to get a good deal or make a quick dishonest buck.

anybody ever heard of festiva? i have one that i found in a box in the trash at work 2 years ago. not a scratch on the thing, just needs a battery. it has a red face and a stainless steel band with a rotating bezel.

if the camera decides to stop telling me memory card door open (yes it is closed) i will take a picture.

Edited by cadillacdude1975
Thanks...also read the release I just posted. It is pretty interesting. The seller I purchased it from was in the armed forces, which would make sense and I have removed the case back and checked everything out. I'm also not too worried about service as I know of several individuals who service Marathons. If this is a fake, someone spent way too much time trying to replicate it, including using the correct movement and engraving the correct corresponding CAGE and NRC ID # on the back. Yes, it's possible, but I'm pretty comfortable that it is legit. Anyways, it has been going strong for a couple years, so I am happy. :koolaid:

But I agree with you, there are way too many fake "big name" brands out there...buyer beware, especially these days when everyone is trying to get a good deal or make a quick dishonest buck.

Sounds like you have the real deal, that is a very nice watch :down:

Sounds like you have the real deal, that is a very nice watch :koolaid:

I would highly recommend the GSAR or SAR if you ever have the chance to own one. It seems like the price of them keeps going up. I had a SAR, which I regrettably sold, that I purchased from County Comm and they were great to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again. They also sell a bunch of interesting "tactical knicknacks" if you are into that sort of thing.

I would highly recommend the GSAR or SAR if you ever have the chance to own one. It seems like the price of them keeps going up. I had a SAR, which I regrettably sold, that I purchased from County Comm and they were great to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again. They also sell a bunch of interesting "tactical knicknacks" if you are into that sort of thing.

Brandon,

I will definitely get one, for the money they are one heck of a deal, I can get one like this for around $750.00

tsar33wqjpg.jpg

I assume you will go with the GSAR (automatic)? If you prefer the TSAR, it is just like the GSAR, but with a quartz movement. Still an excellent buy...no matter which movement you choose! (Sorry for the bad pic and dirty watch...it needs a good cleaning!)

Oh yea, I think this watch is worth the money for the lume alone! The tritium looks incredible at night...

Picture004.jpg

Edited by BrandonTN

No offense to anyone but the Rolex bug just has not bitten me. I work with a lot of people that own them and when I ask them what they like about them it is always the same, the WOW factor of the recognition of the Brand. In truth My Breitling Super Ocean keeps better time than my counterparts Sea Dweller. I also have worn my watch non stop and fix the submarines with it on. I remove it very rarely and it is built like a tank. My friends Sea Dweller had to have the crystal replaced because it was scratched, I just do not see the point and instead I will buy Omega, Oris, Breitling, Doxa and be happy

Edited by willis68