Glock 20 (10mm)

Guest JHatmaker

To each his own. If using a lighter trigger pull allows you more accurate shot placement, then use the lighter trigger pull. As always, you need to exercise proper trigger control. That is, do not put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire. Remove your finger from the trigger and place it along the top of the trigger guard pointing your trigger finger parallel to the barrel once you stop firing.

To me, the trigger pull is a personal preference when used with proper trigger control that you develop at the shooting range.

Some people prefer the New York trigger spring pull of 11#.

Agreed, my 1911 that I carry, the trigger is set to 3 lbs from the manufacturer by my request, but there are external safeties on my pistol, that is what I am comfortable with. For a range gun I agree with the lightest trigger pull you can have but on a Glock with no other safeties aside from the trigger, I like it heavy

Edited by willis68
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also more than likely you will be painted as a bad guy for modifying your carry gun if you had to use it for self defense

I see your point, however consider that anything that is not factory standard configuration can be used as an augment that you are a vigilante.

For your consideration. How many gun owners have replaced their factory gun sights with night sights?

If the prosecutor attempts to sway the jury that you are a bloodthirsty vigilante due to your gun modifications, then you and your lawyer will need to educate the jury of the positive aspects of improving the gun to allow accurate shot placement in order to prevent collateral damage. Even using hollow point ammunition may be used against you by a anti-gun prosecutor.

Guest JHatmaker

So, now that we settled the fact I won't be using this as my carry gun :screwy:.....are the tungsten or titanium guide rods worth the extra cost vs just getting a stainless steel one?

So, now that we settled the fact I won't be using this as my carry gun :poop:.....are the tungsten or titanium guide rods worth the extra cost vs just getting a stainless steel one?

Not sure, in my 1911's the guide rods have never helped, i am not sure about the Glocks, sorry about taking your thread off course, :screwy:

why, if you keep your booger hook off the bang button until its bang time there isnt a problem.

Not worried about my booger hook or anyone else's, you are the only Glock armorer I have ever heard of condoning 3 lb in a carry Glock, as there are no external safeties, just the trigger, I think it is a bad idea, just my opinion one that is shared by Clint Smith and a few other people I have trained under at Thunder Ranch

Edited by willis68
Not worried about my booger hook or anyone else's, you are the only Glock armorer I have ever heard of condoning 3 lb in a carry Glock, as there are no external safeties, just the trigger, I think it is a bad idea, just my opinion one that is shared by Clint Smith and a few other people I have trained under at Thunder Ranch

That argument is based entirely on emotional fear of a possibility. I again will point out it has never been used in a court case I know of. The only court case didn't invovled the actual gun involved in the incident. In fact you could argue the exact opposite, that as a responsible gun owner you wanted the most control and precision possible to avoid hitting innocent bystanders.

That being said, Jh get what you want and try it out. If it's not for you then sell it to someone else. I have bought and tried numerous things people raved about and some that folks hated the very thought of. Point is i found I like some from and hate some from each category. It's all personal.

Guest JHatmaker

How was Thunder Ranch? Is it worth the extra cost vs taking a local course. I know it's one of the best in the country and would like to attend one day. The scenary alone is beautiful...

How was Thunder Ranch? Is it worth the extra cost vs taking a local course. I know it's one of the best in the country and would like to attend one day. The scenary alone is beautiful...

I went to Defensive Handgun with a couple of Friends last October. It was well worth the money and I will go back. I may be going back in July 2010 to take the second defensive handgun course. How it compares to anything locally, i am not sure I have only taken CCW courses prior to my visit to Oregon. it is very beautiful as well :screwy:

http://www.shootrite.org/ in Alabama according to Clint Smith is the best place around here

Edited by willis68