Wilson Special Ops CQB

Guest drc767

Guest drc767

I picked up this pistol today and it appears to have been fired very little. I have been unable to find out much about the Special Ops CQB other than it was a limited run several years back. It sure is a nice shooter....Do any of the Wilson guru's have any additional info on this model? Thanks

WilsonCQB003.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up this pistol today and it appears to have been fired very little. I have been unable to find out much about the Special Ops CQB other than it was a limited run several years back. It sure is a nice shooter....Do any of the Wilson guru's have any additional info on this model? Thanks

WilsonCQB003.jpg

I know that it was a special run and is a DAMN nice pistol, enjoy it :)

What did John @ Wilson say? Hopefully he is able to tell you the build info, who it originally sold to, etc.

BTW: The patch on the slide (USASOC) doesnt match the one on the bag (USSF)

What is the difference Joe? it looks the same to my old eyes.

usasoc stands for United States Army Special Operations Command

USSF i would imagince stands for US Special Forces.

Got you, from what I can see of the slide it appears the same symbol as on the Patch, other than that I am completely ignorant to it. Nonetheless i am sure it is an outstanding 1911 :)

Guest drc767
USASOC

USASOC.patch.jpg

USSF

358.jpg

Joe,

Your correct, the insigna on the slide is that of USASOC. I did get in touch with John and he told me it was a very limited run back in the 2002-2003 range. Some were built for the military and some (he thought less than 50) were built and sold as a non-catalogue item to the civilian market. He could not give me specifics of the build because they only keep serial number data for about 5 years. In any event, it is a pretty cool piece and looks to have lived its life in a safe. It really looks new without a scratch on it.

Edited by drc767

Hell, since the patches and insignia don't match, I'll be uber generous and take it off your "duped" hands for........$500:p

Seriously, awesome pistol. My wife has decided she wants a 1911, but, ofcourse like any female, she doesn't want MY 1911(Springfield Loaded rebuilt a couple of time) so I am looking for a Wilson for her. Nothing better than a 5'2" well endowed blond haired blue eyed Army Medic carrying a 1911:drool:

Edited by 323ssplt
Guest drc767
Hell, since the patches and insignia don't match, I'll be uber generous and take it off your "duped" hands for........$500:p

Thanks for the offer, but I couldn't take advantage of you that way..lol...The way I understood it from my conversation with John at Wilson yesterday, the project was designed toward the Army Spec Ops community as a whole, so I think that either of those insignas apply. As a matter of fact, not only did Wilson put the USSF patch on the outside of the case, they also included an OD USSF patch in the ziplock back with the manuals, test target and bushing tool. I would be interested to know if this model pistol actually saw any service with USSF or USASOC or was just pitched to the Army by Wilson, but never went anywhere.