New Kimber owner!

Guest se-real

Guest se-real

So I decided to buy myself a birthday present yesterday. I got a call from Mike at Hero-Gear stating that my gun came in. Yesterday was my birthday so I decided to go pick it up and take the boat with me to do a little fishing on Tim's Ford lake while I was in the area. This is actually my first gun bought through Hero-Gear but I have sent many friends there for their purchases. Enough of the BS, heres the good stuff:

Kimber SIS Ultra II

images%3Fq%3Dkimber%2Bsis%2Bultra%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

While I was there, I went ahead and got a Wilson Combat trigger installed and picked up a spare Wilson mag. I tried on a few of the holsters they had in stock and decided on the Don Humes. Overall, I am very happy with my experience with Joe and Mike at Hero-Gear! The gun is everything I thought it would be and couldnt ask for more. This is by far the most expensive gun I have bought and I can definately feel the difference.

This also happens to be my first 1911 pistol.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Congrats. Did you really find the stock trigger to be less than desirable? I'm not downing your choice of the Wilson Combat trigger, but most Kimbers that I have owned actually had really nice triggers in them.

Admittedly the SIS flat trigger is kind of funky though.

Guest JHatmaker

Welcome to the Kimber family, congradulations. I'm very jealous as I've been wanting an SIS for a while now.

I've got a Grand Raptor II and Ultra Crimson Carry II and love them. Also curious though as to why you swapped out the trigger (Wilson Combat is top notch), the Kimber 1911's come w/ great triggers straight from the box. But to each his own, let us know how it shoots (though I already know the outcome :woohoo:)

Guest se-real
Congrats. Did you really find the stock trigger to be less than desirable? I'm not downing your choice of the Wilson Combat trigger, but most Kimbers that I have owned actually had really nice triggers in them.

Admittedly the SIS flat trigger is kind of funky though.

Welcome to the Kimber family, congradulations. I'm very jealous as I've been wanting an SIS for a while now.

I've got a Grand Raptor II and Ultra Crimson Carry II and love them. Also curious though as to why you swapped out the trigger (Wilson Combat is top notch), the Kimber 1911's come w/ great triggers straight from the box. But to each his own, let us know how it shoots (though I already know the outcome :D)

Well, the only answer is basically looks. The stock Kimber SIS trigger is like David said, flat. The Wilson has the holes milled in them and is a touch lighter(not noticeable). John(1911 custom gunsmith) was actually in house at the time and swapped it out for me as I waited so i figured why not. He actually set the lbs. on the trigger a bit lower for my liking also.

Guest JHatmaker
Well, the only answer is basically looks. The stock Kimber SIS trigger is like David said, flat. The Wilson has the holes milled in them and is a touch lighter(not noticeable). John(1911 custom gunsmith) was actually in house at the time and swapped it out for me as I waited so i figured why not. He actually set the lbs. on the trigger a bit lower for my liking also.

Makes sense, thanks, I was just curious. There's nothing like having a gun dialed in just right. Congrats again on an awesome piece.

Guest dizzielizzie

I think those kimbers are so good looking that if you pulled it to stop a bad guy, they'd stop in their tracks to comment about just how good looking it is!

Guest se-real
I think those kimbers are so good looking that if you pulled it to stop a bad guy, they'd stop in their tracks to comment about just how good looking it is!

hahaha, Yeah I would have to agree.

Guest MikeH

It was great to meet you the other day. You got lucky on that SIS arriving when it did! I had our 1911 smith do some trigger work on my SIS Pro and it went from great gun to awesome gun in just a few minutes! Thanks for coming in!

Guest Tn.Mitch
So I decided to buy myself a birthday present yesterday. I got a call from Mike at Hero-Gear stating that my gun came in. Yesterday was my birthday so I decided to go pick it up and take the boat with me to do a little fishing on Tim's Ford lake while I was in the area. This is actually my first gun bought through Hero-Gear but I have sent many friends there for their purchases. Enough of the BS, heres the good stuff:

Kimber SIS Ultra II

images%3Fq%3Dkimber%2Bsis%2Bultra%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

While I was there, I went ahead and got a Wilson Combat trigger installed and picked up a spare Wilson mag. I tried on a few of the holsters they had in stock and decided on the Don Humes. Overall, I am very happy with my experience with Joe and Mike at Hero-Gear! The gun is everything I thought it would be and couldnt ask for more. This is by far the most expensive gun I have bought and I can definately feel the difference.

This also happens to be my first 1911 pistol.

Why do I have a box with a red x in it where the pic of the gun goes??I wanna see the gun...:rolleyes: Congratts anyway...

Guest BigShot

I could see a trigger swap to settle down the flat looks. Coulda drilled a honeycomb pattern, a little beadblast and anodize for a perfect match to the rest of the gun.

By the way, Very nice... I like it too!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest se-real

Well, I put the first 250 rounds though it today. There were a few problems ejecting ammo. I would say 5 or 6 out of 250. I have heard ths is normal for "break in" on 1911's.The gun is ALOT more accurate than the polymer guns im used to! I can officially say im in love with this gun. The extra weight on my hip has gotten to be less noticeable also.

Guest johnmattwill

I really fell in love with my Kimber too..... I also had a few FTF , FTE problems, but the more I shoot it, the less problems I seem to have.. I took mine to Guns and Leather on Sat and put 100 rounds thru her with not a one hic-cup..... and It seems the more I shoot it , the more accurate it gets too..... :P

Great looking Kimber, your gonna love it.!!!