Help with Glock Trigger....

Guest TargetShooter84

Guest TargetShooter84

Hopefully this is the right section for this but I recently bought Siderlock for my Glock 26. This is because I want to be safe than sorry and yes, I know Glocks don't misfire/accidently by themselves but don't want to take chances though.

I was all ready to go and took apart the trigger assembly and the instruction said to remove the trigger from the trigger arm by tapping out the subjection pin and well, I proceeded to do so and I look at the trigger, I see the subjection pin was inserted one way in.....no way out?!?!?!?

How do I get the subjection pin out? Since there is no "way out" to get it out since one side is covered in plastic while one side shows 2 little pins...

Will I need to drill the other side to gain access to the subjection pin?

Or am I better off taking it to a gunsmith?

Edit: This goes for my G19 also too, just looked at that too....is this a new design or is the siderlock made for older Glock models?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this might not help, but I would box up that little gizmo and send it back ASAP. IMO it is a dangerous proposition to insert your finger into the trigger to remove that type of safety. Just sayin!

I know this might not help, but I would box up that little gizmo and send it back ASAP. IMO it is a dangerous proposition to insert your finger into the trigger to remove that type of safety. Just sayin!

+1, Leave the Pistol stock for best results, that is what i love about glocks :popcorn:

OK, back on subject...

Just follow the directions. Put the trigger assembly on the ring that came with the siderlock and tap it out. The pin will make it's own hole.

It is not that hard to install the siderlock, I have done it before (not to my gun however).

Im a Glock Armorer, have been for 15 years and I wouldnt suggest this product. You NEVER want an actual manual safety on any trigger. Its not a good thing...

Buy a good holster and keep your bugger hook off the bang button until your ready to fire. :popcorn::up::D

Guest gunslinger707
Im a Glock Armorer, have been for 15 years and I wouldnt suggest this product. You NEVER want an actual manual safety on any trigger. Its not a good thing...

Buy a good holster and keep your bugger hook off the bang button until your ready to fire. :popcorn::up::D

Best advice for ANY handgun !!!! :D:D

beware those sliderlock thingys...

i'd be more worried about getting comfortable and used to the false sense of security they provide, than just developing the muscle memory to keep your finger out of the trigger guard until you want to fire...

imho, the best way to carry a glock safely is to make a good choice on your holster selection (i.e. trigger coverage)...

if that still doesn't sit well with you, why not just practice/train to rack it on the draw ala Israelis and just carry condition 3? while maybe not as fast, can't get safer than no round in the chamber...

if you don't like those options, you could always reach for your wallet and go here: http://www.cominolli.com

Edited by CK1
OK, back on subject...

Just follow the directions. Put the trigger assembly on the ring that came with the siderlock and tap it out. The pin will make it's own hole.

It is not that hard to install the siderlock, I have done it before (not to my gun however).

And probably the reason you did not do it on your own gun is that you know better :popcorn:

Guest Fwdftw

I wear a glock 19 everyday.. 1 in the chamber 15 in the mag.. It doesnt go BOOM till i put my finger on the trigger.. ? Your gun HAS safetys on it.