Ruger is doing something secret again...Whole new platform in the works...Again

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead
So it's pretty much a SIG 556 with Ruger's logo on there...not bad.

But I don't really think the platform is being "redefined".

Well, when the platform's been the Mini-14 it sure has. :D

Yeah, it reminds me of my SIG too. ;)

They said it looked good and all, but nothing earth shattering like Ruger made it seem like. I still wish it would have been some type of 1911

Right there with ya Jhat...then there would have been a decent 1911 I could afford. Maybe that will be next?!?

Guest JHatmaker
thats going to be a $1500-$1700 gun. I heard a tid bit about this as a possibility, but really wondered if they would do it.

All I can say is Im likeing me some Ruger more and more ...

The MSRP on the picture shows $1999, you think we'll be able to get them below that? That wouldn't be so bad....I'm wanting to get a SIG 556, but they're $1800-2400.

The MSRP on the picture shows $1999, you think we'll be able to get them below that? That wouldn't be so bad....I'm wanting to get a SIG 556, but they're $1800-2400.

Well, you STILL can't hardly get a LCP or LCR.

I'd expect availability of this new baby to be just as scarce for a long time.

- OS

Guest Astra900
~ 2k

Yeah, that's what the suggested retail price is I just wonder what the real world bottom line is going to be. More or less than 2K.

I'm sure you {Joe} will be one of the first in these parts to stock them, so let us know if you please.:D

You can find Sig's in the $1300-$1500 range right now, so I dont see a problem getting the Ruger for that. The key is being patent will get you the best prices.

I'll stick to my $1500-$1700 estimate.

Guest JHatmaker

Held an LCR today at a gun shop, they are awesome. They had it priced at $569 which seems pretty good from what I've seen. He only had one and was getting 5 more shipped in this weekend.

Guest JHatmaker
You can find Sig's in the $1300-$1500 range right now, so I dont see a problem getting the Ruger for that. The key is being patent will get you the best prices.

I'll stick to my $1500-$1700 estimate.

$1300!?, that's good to hear, the cheapest one I've seen in an actual store was $1600 at Academy Sports. Guess I need to branch out more.

Guest HexHead
Well, you STILL can't hardly get a LCP or LCR.

I'd expect availability of this new baby to be just as scarce for a long time.

- OS

And then they'll be the inevitable recall. :rolleyes:;) ;)

And then they'll be the inevitable recall. ;) ;) ;)

Actually, this is why it took so long for it to come out. I worked on this a little for Ruger a year ago. The idea at the time was to compete for the replacement for the M249 SAW. One thing they were doing was a quick change barrel and of course select fire with open bolt capability. When I talked to Mike Fifer about the SR556 about six months ago, he told me they were waiting to release it until ALL the bugs had been worked out. He didn't want a third recall in a row. It's an awesome weapon, and waiting for mine to come.:rolleyes:

Actually, this is why it took so long for it to come out. I worked on this a little for Ruger a year ago. The idea at the time was to compete for the replacement for the M249 SAW. One thing they were doing was a quick change barrel and of course select fire with open bolt capability.

They were going to try to use a piston rifle-carbine to try to replace a light belt-fed squad automatic weapon? Some how this doesnt add up?

-Jason G

Guest (BH)

oh silly ruger.... they sure have lost some ground with their market havent they? now i will say, i havent caught the brunt of any recalls, and i might feel differently if i had..... but i really love my rugers.

that is one dramatic ad though isnt it.....geez ruger, you'd think a new van damme movie was coming out.