HB0962 and the Senate

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

you know...as much as I would love to see all these "GUN" bills get passed. As much as the legislature has kinda drug its feet...I wonder IF any will be signed by the gov'nuh

Guest JavaGuy
If I remember right...Sen Jackson's son posted on here that Sen Jackson could bring it up at anytime.

The reason he didn't last week was because the Senate adjourned before the House brought it up.

The Senate clerk will give notice today on the conf. committee report. Once that procedural step has been done, Sen. Jackson can bring it up...

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/274463-post401.html

The senate adjourned its floor session before the bill was returned to the senate from the house.

Sen. Jackson (my dad :D) will make a motion to adopt the conference committee report as the action of the senate, either Monday or Thursday.

Under senate rules, it is a "privileged" motion which means he can make the motion at any time during any floor session.

The "clean" version received 66 votes (2/3 majority) in the house! It should receive much more than a 2/3 majority vote in the senate. Way veto proof!

The Senate clerk will give notice today on the conf. committee report. Once that procedural step has been done, Sen. Jackson can bring it up...

Got ya...that would probably be after the Regular Calendar, right?

Guest JavaGuy

Most of the time things have been discussed thoroughly in committee so the members who are part of that committee are familar with the bill's content. The other members will challenge if they or a constituent has a problem with the bill; otherwise, they will go with what the sponsor of the bill recommends.

What is funny is when you watch them have very impassioned debates for/against a bill and then the vote goes 33-0 in favor of the bill.

Guest jcramin

Can someone keep this thread update on anything that happens please ? I have to leave and I wont be able to watch anymore BUT I will keep an eye on this thread on my Crackberry Storm

Thanks,

J