IO AK47's for Sale

Moped

Hey folks, I was in JFloyds in Sevierville this afternoon and they have 10 or 11 IO AK47s for sale at the price of $599. These had the synthetic stocks or at least the one I handled did. And I believe it's made over in N.C. Don't know how good they are, but I thought I'd pass it along. Seemed like a good price compared to what I've been seeing else where.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read an article about IO that said they make 100% of the AK right here in the US, so there's no restrictions on them. I went to their web site, but could not find any information about this particular build, just a bunch of import stuff.

American Handgunner SpotLight

IOK-47-C with Polymer Stock

I.O. Inc.

I.O. Inc. is proud to announce the IOK-47-C rifle with Polymer Stock. Modeled after the famous AK-47 design in caliber 7.62x39 it is completely made in the USA. These rifles boast excellent precision and include a US-made receiver, US-made 161/4" barrel, US-made polymer forend and stock, an ergonomic pistol grip, a 1:12" RH Twist, one US-made 30rd. magazine but will accept any standard AK magazines, adjustable front sight, over-all length of 36" and weight of 7 lbs. To see all of the variations, visit www.ioinc.us.

Found this on American Handgunner Magazine's website. It's not the article I was thinking of, but it is similar. The quote above is near the bottom of the provided link, and a picture is there as well.

The IOK-47-C with the polymer stock is the one I held this afternoon. It had a pretty good feel to it, not that I'm an AK expert or anything. They also had a CZ52 for $199.99 and TOK for $249.

I wasn't really impressed with the IO's I've seen. I handled them side by side with a Century WASR-10/63 and the Century had better fit and finish. It might have just been this particular rifle so YMMV.

This might be the first nice thing ever said about Century's fit and finish:D