GI Joe fans? Just saw the new trailer.....

Guest benchpresspower

While I haven't seen it, I don't plan on seeing it. Just the previews are enough for me. It looks nothing like the GI Joe I grew up on. Futuristic suits? C'mon now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch.

That's the last time I send you a care package! :)

BTW did you ever drink that Soju?

NO! I loved it dude everything else was great lol Not to mention it's been a great story!

Haven't tried it yet. Might break it out next weekend for the wife's birthday party.

NO! I loved it dude everything else was great lol Not to mention it's been a great story!

Haven't tried it yet. Might break it out next weekend for the wife's birthday party.

Go to the pirates thread...I don't want to derail this one anymore then we already have! :)

If you like a horrible cast with terrible acting, along with cheesy special effects and a plot that makes me want to punch babies, then sure, you will love it! :)

When we saw the trailer during Transformers 2 my buddy actually yelled this out to pretty big laughs in the theater...

*movie trailer*

Stereotypical Tough Black Guy: "These are Delta 6 accelerator suits."

The dumbest Wayans brother: "What's it accelerate?"

My buddy: *screaming* "Hopefully the damn plot!"

GI Joe was a soldier, Marine, sailor or airman. He fought krauts and Japs.

In the 70's GI Joe got politically correct and they invented Cobra so there would be a bad guy. Joe was better when he was a military man, not the worlds police.

The movie does not interest me. Do something where GI Joe is fighting in WW2 and I would want to watch.

Guest TUNER260
i saw it and though it was pretty good.

but you have to go expecting an action movie with no background or ties to anything else. if you are expecting it to tie into a GI Joe theme somehow, forget it. but i thought it was a good action movie

+1

• Administrator

Saw it last night and can offer a one-word review:

SUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Transformers fanboys who cried foul about how Michael Bay raped their childhood memories seriously got off lucky with their movies. The GI Joe movie ****ing blew. Everything about it blew. They took my childhood, gouged its eyes out and skull ****ed it.

By the time the movie was halfway through, I was praying for it to be over. The plot sucked, the cheesy insertion of GI Joe key-phrases was beyond gay, and the shameless monkeying with character histories was pathetic. They took The Real American Hero and turned him into NATO's Multi-National Force Of Star-Wars Wannabe Bitches.

They even screwed up Snake Eyes!!! :hat: Is nothing sacred?!?

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Saw it last night and can offer a one-word review:

SUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Transformers fanboys who cried foul about how Michael Bay raped their childhood memories seriously got off lucky with their movies. The GI Joe movie ****ing blew. Everything about it blew. They took my childhood, gouged its eyes out and skull ****ed it.

By the time the movie was halfway through, I was praying for it to be over. The plot sucked, the cheesy insertion of GI Joe key-phrases was beyond gay, and the shameless monkeying with character histories was pathetic. They took The Real American Hero and turned him into NATO's Multi-National Force Of Star-Wars Wannabe Bitches.

They even screwed up Snake Eyes!!! :hat: Is nothing sacred?!?

Worst. Movie. Ever.

I actually enjoyed Transformers and so did my buddy who is a HUGE fanboy. So far though everyone I have talked to who even played with a G.I Joe as a child is personally offended this movie even ****ing exists.

Guest mikedwood
GI Joe was a soldier, Marine, sailor or airman. He fought krauts and Japs.

In the 70's GI Joe got politically correct and they invented Cobra so there would be a bad guy. Joe was better when he was a military man, not the worlds police.

The movie does not interest me. Do something where GI Joe is fighting in WW2 and I would want to watch.

I don't know where you got your information.

GI Joe in the 70's fought who I said to fight, when I said to fight them. There were bad guys everywhere and he was always out numbered and trapped behind enemy lines, but he always made it out while saving the world.

I don't know where you got your information.

GI Joe in the 70's fought who I said to fight, when I said to fight them. There were bad guys everywhere and he was always out numbered and trapped behind enemy lines, but he always made it out while saving the world.

Mine used to get a 3 day pass for bravery above and beyond with my cousin's Barbies. My Joes were into tall chicks.