I asked her and she said yes

Guest tnmedic

Guest tnmedic

I asked my gf of three years this weekend to marry me and she said yes. I am happy and am going to work to make this marriage work cause I hate divorces, they cost too much LOL. Anyway just bragging a bit, Later Medic:D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you BOTH work to make the marrage work then it will.

Just a little advise from someone who has been married for almost 24 wonderful years.

1. never go to bed mad at each other.

2. Always be willing to comprimise (you are in thsi together so you may have differing viewpoints from time to time).

3. never lie to each other (other than the "no that dosen't make your butt look fat kind of lie).

4. Never hide anything from each other (that's a lie in it'self).

Nov 23 will be 24 years and if I had it to do I'd do it all over again.

Congrats!

For my piece of advice: From someone who has only been married for 6 years, let me be the first to say that it is ok if you or her feel like you've made the biggest mistake of your life at somepoint in the marriage (both my wife and I have had that feeling - more than once during our first year). Like most things, that feeling will be replaced and your relationship will get better (MUCH better) as time goes by. :D

Guest JHatmaker

Does she like guns? If so, continue on with your plans....

If she doesn't, marry her sister...

j/k, congradulations, is this an open invitation? I can picture the reception: the line to look at each others guns (that sounds funny, but stay with me here) will be longer than the buffet line.

Congratulations. It is a lot of hard work, and the first year is the toughest. It's a transition time where you have to get used to seeing the other person CONSTANTLY, and getting used to their little quirks, and vice versa. One important point I should make is, and pay attention closely, you'll thank me for this later, the easiest time to sneak a new gun into the house is while she's in the shower. LOL! Good Luck!

What? no picture? Is she ugly or something? Just kidding! Congrats to both of you.:P Best of luck, it takes work. My wife and I are just finishing 30 years of a life sentence!

Guest TurboniumOxide

Another one bites the dust. :-)

I would probably be dead if it wasn't for my wife.

No smokin, no drinkin, no Cheezburgers, no motorcycles,

no drag racing, and no hot chicks. What good is living if you

can't have some fun every once in a while? I'm 11 years

married, 2 kids, mortgage, here. Not bitter though.

I still have my guns.

:-)

As long as you BOTH work to make the marrage work then it will.

Just a little advise from someone who has been married for almost 24 wonderful years.

1. never go to bed mad at each other.

2. Always be willing to comprimise (you are in thsi together so you may have differing viewpoints from time to time).

3. never lie to each other (other than the "no that dosen't make your butt look fat kind of lie).

4. Never hide anything from each other (that's a lie in it'self).

Nov 23 will be 24 years and if I had it to do I'd do it all over again.

+1 Angel and I are working on 14 years. We work well together.