Heckler and Koch P30 LEM Torture Test: 50,000 rounds in Six Months

• Administrator

Todd Louis Green over at Pistol-Training.com is at it again, but this time he is torturing a Heckler and Koch P30 LEM.

Some of you may recognize the name from previous links that I've posted to his site for shooting drills. I've also mentioned his 50,000 round torture test of an M&P 9mm a few times in the past also.

The premise is pretty simple: Take a handgun and run 50,000 rounds through it in a very short period of time with minimal cleaning and servicing along the way to see how it holds up to the abuse.

This should be very interesting. If you want to follow along, head over to Todd's site. Every Thursday is going to be "P30 Thursday" and will include a weekly update. Other updates may be posted along the way when appropriate.

pistol-training.com Blog Archive P30 Thursday: Week One

:wave:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it holds up as well as the M&P did, I may have to go buy one again. The P30 is on my short list of guns I should have NEVER sold. Long before he started the torture test of the P30, he said he would be probably be shooting the P30 if the M&P didn't exist or didn't hold up. Ya, the Glocks and M&P's are more "practical" for carry for me...but there is just something to love about the HK's. Especially that P30. I miss mine.

As I've said elsewhere, the LEM trigger is what keeps me from having an HK in my arsenal. I really want to like them. I just can't get past the funky trigger.

That... and the high bore axis...

they sure do know how to un-slick polymer though...

Guest m4coyote

I will have a P30, but not one with the LEM trigger. I am sort of tired of the current trend of DAO polymer pistols. The P30 will be offered with a thumb safety/decocker soon, and the trigger will be traditional DA/SA. That is the one I will own.

Guest HexHead
As I've said elsewhere, the LEM trigger is what keeps me from having an HK in my arsenal. I really want to like them. I just can't get past the funky trigger.

So get the P30 with the standard DA/SA trigger and decocker. That's the only way I've been able to find them.

If I could stumble on a LEM V1 (4.5 lb. trigger) it will be mine. :lol:

My wife has a Para with the LDA trigger and I like it a lot.

Edited by HexHead

I didn't realize that there were so many variations of the P30. I thought it was only available in one barrel length, in the DA/SA configuration. Learn something new every day.

Mine is the standard DA/SA, and it does take some getting used to. That said, it's one of my top two favorite handguns. Save for one minor, nitpicky issue with the slide release (the right side one is kind of loose fitting, but works fine), I can't find much of anything to criticize, functionally.

I don't understand the angst with the LEM system. I have a P2000 with it, and it's the best shooter I've ever had (other than a Clack Kimber I sold like a D-A a few years ago). It's smooth, light like an LDA or a BHP; what's not to like?

Guest (BH)

well its an HK so im sure it will hold up fine. im curious to see if it does as well as the m&p.

lets just hope for Todd's sake he doesnt have to torture himself with HK's customer service. lol.:D

I have the P30 and the p2000,both SA/DA WITH DECOCK.

The thumb decock next to the hammer took a little gettin used to after shooting the USP for many years with the decock on the side.

I really can find a thing to pick on.

And what would that thing be?

I ment CANT find a thing to pick on.

Except maybe a holster,I have looked for the past few weeks and have not found one.

I guess I will order one.

Guest sling

Ya know.. i really like HK. I've owned pretty much every handgun they've ever made... but the P30.. Gah. I really really didnt like it at all. The trigger sucked... both the LEM and the DA\SA. It was heavy and sluggy even in SA. The ergonomics were incredible dont get me wrong... i just didnt care for the rest of it. The USP is the best pistol HK has ever created IMO.

Ya know.. i really like HK. I've owned pretty much every handgun they've ever made... but the P30.. Gah. I really really didnt like it at all. The trigger sucked... both the LEM and the DA\SA. It was heavy and sluggy even in SA. The ergonomics were incredible dont get me wrong... i just didnt care for the rest of it. The USP is the best pistol HK has ever created IMO.

One man's trash, is another man's treasure. :shake: Really glad you didn't care for it. :lol:

Guest sling
One man's trash, is another man's treasure. ;) Really glad you didn't care for it. :lol:

Indeed.

9mm just didnt do it for me anymore.:shake: