Finally Got To Carry Today

Guest C4Dave

Guest C4Dave

Now that I work for .gov, I can't carry at work. I can't even have a gun in the car. And since most of my "free" time is spent at the local parks, I can't carry there either.

So today I went to wally world and proudly carried the whole time, concealed of course.

BTW they were out of almost all hangun ammo. They had a few .357 Sig boxes, and a box of .44 Remington.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to go to WalMart nightly just so you can carry? :D

I've had my permit since February. I have not yet felt comfortable leaving my firearm in the car all day (still debating one of those locking storage things that bolts under the seat), and my life pretty much is work-home-work-home. I've only carried a few times while shopping or going out for a walk.

Guest Smitty

I hear ya. I just graduated from Tennessee Tech with my Bachelor's of Science in Civil & Environmental Engineering today. I'm glad to finally get away from being stuck in the gun free zones for four years. I finally got to carry my Makarov legally today after graduation. Back to the good old days now. :D

Dave I am in the same situation. I work for the gov't and cannot carry. What really stinks is not being able to keep my weapon in the vehicle. I feel almost naked driving home and to work without my handgun.

Guest C4Dave

The bad part is that I have to drive through some rough parts of town to get to the work site. Sure would be nice to keep it in the car.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Good for you on carrying for the first time. The laws that keep people from having firearms in their personal vehicle is probably one of the dumbest laws I can think of. It just serves no realistic purpose as far as I can tell other than liability.

Guest B J Elliott

I am in the same boat as you, cannot carry at work and cannot even bring one on the grounds, gov worker. BJ;)

Guest pws_smokeyjones
Good for you on carrying for the first time. The laws that keep people from having firearms in their personal vehicle is probably one of the dumbest laws I can think of. It just serves no realistic purpose as far as I can tell other than liability.

I guess I should clarify. by "laws" I mean anything that is in place that says a company has the legal right to keep you from having a firearm on their property, even locked in your personal vehicle. TN doesn't have a law ( that I am aware of ) that expressly forbids employers from doing this, so your company has the legal right to tell you that you can't have a gun in your car and I think that is ridiculous.

Guest johnnyo

I work for a nearby city (local government) and I carry to and from work everyday. No one has told me that I couldn't. My boss went with me when we took our HCP class, he knows that I always have a firearm out in my vechicle. I've strapped my firearm on out in the parking lot before I got into my truck to leave many times.

Guest 3pugguy

Good deal! And something I learned on Wally ammo - they get trucks in every afternoon, so call or drop in about 8 or 9 each evening 9. The guy in the Springfield Wally gave me that tip and said the time depends on one or two trucks. .

It worked, cause I got six boxes of plinkin 9mm Friday a.m. early in Clarksville (Sango store) - Blazer Brass.