New Flu - Weird Coincidence...

creeky

Fair warning this sounds really nutty... :P

Something that crossed my mind today...

I remember reading about a weird thing happening back in Jan... so I did a little looking up on the web.

Plague allegedly killed Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb terrorists

[LINK] Jan 21, 2009

"On Monday, the Sun ran a story reporting that 40 terrorists from AQIM had died of plague in a terrorist training camp in Tizi Ouzou. Yesterday, Eli Lake from the Washington Times confirmed through one of his source in the U.S. intelligence community that an incident had taken place at a training camp that had to be shut down as a result. The deaths were not confirmed though."

Now fast forward to April 17th 2009...

The President and his team visit Mexico.

Now today, (April 30th)... [LINK]

Administration Aide Suspected of Contracting Swine Flu

An Energy Department employee who was part of the advance team for President Obama's recent trip to Mexico is suspected of having contracted the swine flu virus and transmitting it to his family in Anne Arundel County, the White House said today.

The man is on the security staff of Energy Secretary Steven Chu, who traveled with Obama to Mexico on April 16. He is believed to have transmitted the highly contagious virus to his wife, son and nephew, press secretary Robert Gibbs said.

The woman and young boys appear to be the three Anne Arundel County residents who, officials said yesterday, have tested positive as "probable" victims of the virus.

--------

Soooo... is it that far out of line to wonder if there might, just might... be a little more to this than meets the eye?

Could it be possible that back in January something was made a little to strong, or fast acting... and then recomposed and implemented? I know this sounds extremely nutty, and waaaay off the mark. Something in my head just sort of made me to start thinking in this direction.

I doubt very seriously this is anything but just another Flu, but if a foreign enemy wanted to do something... wouldn't this be the way they would try it?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt very seriously this is anything but just another Flu, but if a foreign enemy wanted to do something... wouldn't this be the way they would try it?

Why would they have downgraded it from something lethal?

- OS

Zombies. Always starts with some strange disease.

That's what I said. Of course there is another theory...

It was always shouted by people that a black man would become president when pigs fly. Now 100 days into the Obama administration...Swine Flu.

:D:D

Guest Ghostrider

H1N1 has been around a long time. It's nothing new or made in a lab in some 3rd world crap hole. LOTS more people in the US have died from plain old Influenza A during the same period.

Wash your hands, don't swap slobber with infected people, and you should be good to go. I'd avoid going to Mexico, but I avoid that anyway so no change for me.

I'm a LOT more worried about some diaper head carrying 4 lbs of anthrax across the southern border and simply opening the box in a city like Dallas, Chicago (although that might not be "entirely" bad, LA or Nashville.

Smallpox is my other big bio worry - practically none of you "younguns" have been vaccinated and it would kill a boatload of folks if opened up on the country.

Take off and nuke 'em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure....

Why would they have downgraded it from something lethal?- OS

From what I read of the plague type, it was too fast acting and killed quicker than it could spread. That would be a reason to lessen the strength... not the lethality of it.

As far as "deal with your paranoia"...

I am not saying this is man-made or anything like that. I'm just saying one of the main worries has been a terrorist getting their hands on or manufacturing a biologic agent and using it against the US.

I am simply suggesting looking at the current situation, and asking "Would this not be a logical way to implement something like this?"

I'm not saying "This is a terrorist attack, or the Swine Flu will kill us all!" Just that it is interesting to see how the US is reacting and how the media is reacting.

Just thought it was interesting that it happen to break out in a country right after a Presidential visit to that country within weeks. If you wanted to release something targeted at the leadership of the US... that would be one of the most logical ways to do it wouldn't it?

Antrax or smallpox released in an urban city would be catosrophic... but how much worse would it be if you could infect the leaders first, then the civilian population? You would basically be disabling the command and control structure.

I would think military people in the govt. or think tanks somewhere are running over the same scenarios thinking "Okay... if this was something else what would have been our response?" Wasn't that long ago no one would have ever thought Terrorist would use aircraft to target buildings either.

Again... not trying to scare people or talk all nutty... just kind of talking off teh top of my head. :hiding:

Guest mustangdave

Ok...ok lets take off the :P and dump the :rofl: down the drain. Have to go with GHOSTRIDER on this one. Remember the media have a 24 hour news cycle to fill. If they can sow seeds of despair, dread, and panic they get RATINGS.

Guest kdpate

The media hasblown this up so bad it's ridiculous.:rofl: I'd be worried more about the care and treatment of hemerroids more than the swine flu at this point....:P:chill::tinfoil:

I heard they have limited people to only one bag of pork rinds at Walmarts in Chattanoga.:)

I don't know about that, but if they start slaughtering pigs here like the Muslims did in Egypt you're gonna see a one-man uprising! I gotta have BBQ on a regular basis! :eek: