Any one got to Atlanta Braves games ??

Guest tbreed725

Guest tbreed725

just wondering I'm not into sports much at all but I want to take my wife and our nephews who all love baseball to a game and I'm totally ignorant about a few things ?? is the gate price and a ticket price separate from each other ? is both charged per person or is the gate price per vehicle ? were hoping to go the the game against the redsox but I just want to find out any info i can from anyone who might've went . we are looking for info about group seats as well so any info at all is appreciated .

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We bought tickets online. You can pick and choose where you want to sit and how much you want to pay for the tickets. You can also choose to pick up the tickets there..ie will call. The parking was 10.00 per vehicle...We rode two Motorcycles there....539 miles there and back. Game was Braves vs Marlins...Braves lost....

HTH

Yes, and no. I just happened to be in Cincinati last weekend and decided to take in a game at the Great American Ball Park-Home of the Reds. I am by no means a baseball fan. Not that I don't like it, just don't follow. Noticed they had seats from $5 to $230. We paid $35 a piece for these seats (our view-forgive the crappy iphone photo).

RedsvsBraves04-25-09.jpg

What a wonderful day. Braves won 10-2.

Edited by DavidD
Yes, and no. I just happened to be in Cincinati last weekend and decided to take in a game at the Great American Ball Park-Home of the Reds. I am by no means a baseball fan. Not that I don't like it, just don't follow. Noticed they had seats from $5 to $230. We paid $35 a piece for these seats (our view-forgive the crappy iphone photo).

RedsvsBraves04-25-09.jpg

Dude..................those look like hella good seats for $ 35 a pop.

And, the next day my Reds took your Braves to the woodshed 8-2. :D

Cincinnati_Reds_Logo_ICON_WEB_sysadmin54176.jpg:D

just wondering I'm not into sports much at all but I want to take my wife and our nephews who all love baseball to a game and I'm totally ignorant about a few things ?? is the gate price and a ticket price separate from each other ? is both charged per person or is the gate price per vehicle ? were hoping to go the the game against the redsox but I just want to find out any info i can from anyone who might've went . we are looking for info about group seats as well so any info at all is appreciated .

Just food for thought...........you could also consider taking in a Smokies or Lookouts game. A lot closer and cheaper.

We just hit a Smokies game last weekend. $ 9 for great seats right behind home plate and a great ballpark experience.

RedsvsBraves04-25-09.jpg

Man

We had basically the same seats in Atlanta for 43.00 each.

Dude..................those look like hella good seats for $ 35 a pop.

And, the next day my Reds took your Braves to the woodshed 8-2. ;)

Cincinnati_Reds_Logo_ICON_WEB_sysadmin54176.jpg:P

Yeah, we thought so. I saw were the Reds got lucky on Sunday.....:hiding:

Man

We had basically the same seats in Atlanta for 43.00 each.

I guess I don't understand Baseball's ticket pricing. I had seen on the internet these seats were $42. We bought them from a scalper for $35 and the ticket said $32. Apparently the $32 is Season Ticket Price????? Either way, I thought it was well worth it.

Guest tbreed725

we thaught about a lookouts game and was told by more than one person not to waste our money to go to "a overgrown high school game "

Edited by tbreed725
Guest 70below

I've been to a few games in ATL.......its been awhile, but they're a ton of fun. I even had tickets that I got on the ATL website behind the left field wall about 8 rows back that I enjoyed almost as much as sitting behind home plate. I guess a lot of it is state of mind when you get there. I don't know much about the lookouts these days, but I wouldn't buy that its a "overgrown high school game", Smokies games are a blast, and one of the best baseball games I've ever been to was a Puerto Rican baseball league game. It don't have to be MLB to be fun.

Guest putmanphoto

Be Sure to check out the web site - I get email alerts where they have a 4 ticket package, includes a couple of free items as well....

Last year when we went - they also have an ALL YOU CAN EAT section that was pretty reasonable... two different all you can eat sections, one was ballpark food section - and the other was a BBQ section.... the food was great, the seats were great....

The Braves have the nicest facility I've been to so far. It they haven't changed, they allow you to take in coolers. They are very family friendly. Getting in and out of the parking lot is a breeze as well. As for the Smokies and the Lookouts, I've not yet seen a Lookouts game, but the have a nice park. I really enjoy going to see the Smokies. We go to a lot of Sounds games. They are great, but have a lousy park in a bad section of town. I find the Minor League games usually provide more entertainment and more give aways. It seems the major leagues don't feel the need for such promotions.

Guest tlondon
we thaught about a lookouts game and was told by more than one person not to waste our money to go to "a overgrown high school game "

Minor league baseball is ALOT of fun! Its a smaller more personal experience and quite a bit cheaper. I have not been to a lookouts or smokies game, but I have been to several Sounds games in Nashville and have had a BLAST!!! BTW the new sounds owners have made alot of improvements to the stadium and its pretty nice now compared to what it used to be

Ive seen the Braves,and the lookouts,and enjoyed both....and I'm not even a baseball fan really.

Out of the two Ill stick to the Lookouts. Its allot cheaper,better parking,the beer guy is always right there where you need him to be!

The lookouts also keep the kids entertained in between innings with games,and whatnot.

Cant beat it for the price!