kel tec p11

Guest Astra900

Guest Astra900

I have a chance to trade for a Kel Tec P11. I stand to do fair on the $$$ part of the trade i guess. My question, what's the skinny on the Keltec? Looks like a decent carry gun to the MRS. I know Keltec has a pretty faithful following. Some thoughts, and opinions please.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jos2f

I wouldn't have a problem carrying a P11. Never had a problem with one of the first runs of P32's that came out. Their fit and finish might not be top notch, but I'd have faith in it going "boom" over some of the crappy cheapo guns out there.

What are you trading for it, out of curiosity?

There are a lot of people on here that like them. I had one and hated it. I didn't like the trigger pull or the way it shot. The one I had was close to a 10lb trigger pull. Like he said it did go boom every time.

I had one and loved it! I just recently sold it to get my CZ75 PCR though. Very convenient to carry and I shot it well. The wife didn't like the long trigger pull though and she wouldn't carry it. I did do quite a bit of "fluff and buff" and never had a jamming issue with it.

I'd say hurry up and make the trade!

Guest JHatmaker

A good bud of mine has a Kel-Tec. I think it's a great gun for what you pay, but it was a handful to shoot. Not sure what model his was, 9mm.

Guest jos2f
Video Games.

Heck I'd trade for almost any gun if I could get rid of some of these video games and systems..

Good trade on your part, do it.

There are a lot of people on here that like them. I had one and hated it. I didn't like the trigger pull or the way it shot. The one I had was close to a 10lb trigger pull. Like he said it did go boom every time.
Ditto here. I carried mine for a year and traded it for the reasons listed here.

I love mine. It doesn't like some ammo. But it is a great gun. The belt clip is a must. Have put about 3000 rounds threw it with only a couple of problems. I would say make the trade. They are getting hard to find, especially a good used one.

Guest Astra900

The wife hates it. I love it, I hit everything I aimed at when we shot it the other day.

As far as the trigger goes, I was already ready already:D I carried a Taurus PT145 for many years, the triggers have much in common. Personally, I don't see the problem, they are stiff, which makes them very safe, there will be NO accidental pulling of the trigger, and when the adrenaline is flowing, it won't amount to a hill of beans.

I'm going to give :):up: on the Kel Tec. Now if I can get off my lazy ars and take some pictures.

Yes, I do agree with not letting the long trigger pull get you down. It is made this way since it is a designed to be a concealed carry gun. It is a really accurate weapon and fun to shoot. They do need the finger extension on the magazine. But that’s about it. I carry mine every day and trust my life with it. The long trigger pull acts as the safety in my mind. It gives you an extra second to think about killing some cockroach.

There are lots of assesories for those kel-tecs. I done a trigger job on my first p11 it came out pretty good. Do a search for Blackhawks Kel-tec p11 trigger job. On the kel-tec web site there is lots of info and mods you can do yourself. If you do a trigger job go slow and have patiences. A little fileing goes a long way. I actually took out most of the slack in my first p11 trigger. It was pretty nice but it made it to quick for me. I sold it to guy and he loves it and still has it. On the one I have now I have just gave it a fluff and buff a few times and it is awesome.

Nice score on the trade. I have a Keltec P32 for CCW and love it. Trigger pull is long but as stated, adds to the safety factor when carrying.

The only problem I had was after about 150 rounds through it, I had to disassemble the extractor to clean it up. It would eject a spent casing no problem but trying to eject a live round would not work, it would hang up in the extractor. Since it is a small gun, hard to use a finger to get the round out but since the cleaning, works like new.

Congrats.

Michael

Guest tnjimbob

I had a p-11 and traded it because at the time I thought I didn't need it. Now I wish I had kept it for its 10 + round capacity & concealability.

I bought it used from a friend and during the first 200 rounds I shot, the extractor broke. I sent it back to the factory and they repaired it and did a fluff & buff for me at no charge. After I got it back it shot like a champ. Their customer service was great and I think you will be pleased with it. It felt a little jumpy at first when I shot it, but you will get used to it.

Congrats on the trade!

The P-11 is a bit fatter than the PF-9 (the one I have). The trigger pull on the P-11 is longer and harder than on the PF-9 and I know a few that have gotten rid of the 11 because of it.

I would go with the PF-9 over the 11 even though it doesn't hold as many rounds. It is more concealable and easier to shoot.