Any ideas for improvements on this thing?

Seeing these around and thought i'd like to give my spin on one. Photoshop and some free time. I'd love some feedback or ideas. Plan on working it out then shrinking em down to business card size and .pdf so its easy to print (foldable).

nogunscopy-2.jpg

Edited by adamween
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jos2f

Make sure when it's in business card format you can read it easily, else someone might mistake it for some fly-by-night advertisement.

Also, consider listing something about "if ever you should change your stance, I may be reached at: (email or phone #)

Perhaps they'll offer some incentive for you to return to shopping at their store ;)

Finally, The final statement about an "upcoming database" sounds like an idle threat, I would consider the list on this site as a current database so just tell them you are going to list their business on a local database of anti-2nd amendment places

I like the idea and especially what the cards say. As a printer I will make one small suggestion. Take off the black line around the edge. When the cards are cut it is almost impossible to get an even margin that thin around the edge. Better if the white goes to the edge or the black hangs (bleeds) off the edge. great idea

Glenn

I love the idea, but it seems like there's a lot going on on that card. If it were me, I'd remove the credit card logos. Cash gets the point across, maybe with a $ symbol. Likewise, it would be a good idea to provide the web address of the anti gun business database on the card. As it is, it still sounds somewhat vague. I'd omit the personal contact information too, the database link would take care of that.

Really, I think you could do just as well without any database mention at all. The message seems clear and to the point, too much extra information and it might get lost. But just from a semantics point, you might consider changing the "You should consider your Gun Free policy" to "...Your Anti- Gun policy", or something else with a negative connotation. To me, "free" carries a good note. Drug free, rust free, fat free, etc...besides, the policy won't prevent guns in the establishment. As you put on the card, criminals won't pay the sign any attention.

Guest m&pc9
I love the idea, but it seems like there's a lot going on on that card. If it were me, I'd remove the credit card logos. Cash gets the point across, maybe with a $ symbol. Likewise, it would be a good idea to provide the web address of the anti gun business database on the card. As it is, it still sounds somewhat vague. I'd omit the personal contact information too, the database link would take care of that.

Really, I think you could do just as well without any database mention at all. The message seems clear and to the point, too much extra information and it might get lost. But just from a semantics point, you might consider changing the "You should consider your Gun Free policy" to "...Your Anti- Gun policy", or something else with a negative connotation. To me, "free" carries a good note. Drug free, rust free, fat free, etc...besides, the policy won't prevent guns in the establishment. As you put on the card, criminals won't pay the sign any attention.

I like the anti-gun part. It sound better