Cobra 380 opinions

I was looking for a good pocket gun to carry since its warming up and it might not be feasible to carry my S&W, so I looked at a Cobra 380 the other day. Mainly because of the price. I was thinking I was gonna see a cheaply made gun, but first appearances to me seems like it was well made.

What are some pros and cons on these?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 3 different Cobra .380 models.

All are extremely heavy for their size.

I have a Cobra .38 derringer.

It's very heavy for its size, crudely made, dangerous (to user, can fire while loading if not on half cock), has a 50 lb trigger pull, first shot is slow to deploy, second shot almost as slow, and some other minuses. Other than that it's a fine firearm.

Admittedly, I don't have a Cobra semi-auto, but would expect quality of build to be similar. Hint: they say no +p in any of their firearms.

Plus: my derringer goes boom every time.

- OS

cobra.jpg

Guest Astra900

The patriot series looks like they tried a little harder, but the FS series looks like a Lorcin copy. Lorcin, by the way, is another name for a deep sea fishing sinker.

I know you're budget minded, but there are better guns for not much more.

I know you're budget minded, but there are better guns for not much more.

Again, I've never even held one of their semi-autos, but judging by the build on my simple derringer, I can't imagine that something as necessarily precise as a .380 auto would be a strong suit.

Then again, Hi-Points work most of the time, so whadda I know?

- OS

It's very heavy for its size, crudely made, dangerous (to user, can fire while loading if not on half cock), has a 50 lb trigger pull, first shot is slow to deploy, second shot almost as slow, and some other minuses. Other than that it's a fine firearm.

;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MCRAIG

I have one of semi-auto 380s. Its a piece of crap. It jams like crazy and will not chamber a round properly. When you shoot you have to smack the back of the slide to get your second shot. Its accurate though if you want a single shot pistol.

It would be better if you bought a kel-tec. I can honestly speak from experience...my pocket pistol history went like this...lorcin...traded to dumb guy, cobra...sold FTF, keltec p32...regretfully traded off, and now taurus 85 ultralite revolver. The taurus is more expensive but I love it, out the door with ammo and a speedloader for still under 400. and for under 300 I wish I hadnt traded my p32 keltec. I have no experience with the 380 keltec but have heard good things from it. budget minded or not I wouldnt get a cobra or lorcin and yes I am speaking from experience.

Guest SUNTZU

Have you tried the Bersa? It fits in my front pocket just fine in a nemesis holster. Finding ammo is a PITA, though. Yeah, its more expensive, but you might find one used.