Nutsac bags

On 9/26/2024 at 10:06 AM, BigK said:

I'm glad that one is sold out...I like it a lot. LOL

I’ve had it loaded for a week or so, and carried it twice.  It’s a tad small for me.  I like a bag big enough for me to sneak a new gun into the house, LOL.  I’m back to using an older little bigger Maxpedition bag again.  If you’re interested in the veldspar, make me an offer or think of a trade.  I can’t see me going back to it.  My original goal was to downsize the number of bags I have, but that ain’t working out so well.  Kinda like downsizing my guns.

6 hours ago, Defender said:

I’ve had it loaded for a week or so, and carried it twice.  It’s a tad small for me.  I like a bag big enough for me to sneak a new gun into the house, LOL.  I’m back to using an older little bigger Maxpedition bag again.  If you’re interested in the veldspar, make me an offer or think of a trade.  I can’t see me going back to it.  My original goal was to downsize the number of bags I have, but that ain’t working out so well.  Kinda like downsizing my guns.

I have my eye on a Keen Hybrid Transport or a Keen Crossbody Messenger, right now. If it doesn't work out, I'll add it to the closet of shame and hit you up about that Veldspar.

• Like 2

depending on which version of iPad youre looking to tote around I would suggest the Patagonia Atom Sling.  I have one loaded down with EDC stuff and some med supplies and it goes with me everywhere.  Small enough that you don't really notice it on your back but enough capacity to make it beneficial.  Also not overly "tactical" looking. If you were into bag carry you could easily slip a smaller pistol in there inside a holster.  You can easily swing it around front and have it ready to go.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, BigK said:

I have my eye on a Keen Hybrid Transport or a Keen Crossbody Messenger, right now. If it doesn't work out, I'll add it to the closet of shame and hit you up about that Veldspar.

Have a look on Poshmark.

I just picked up another for a buddy of mine out in Wyoming. New without tags, $28 to my door. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Wish I wasn’t so picky, LOL.  It would be nice to be able to see all these bags in person, too.  As much as I like displaying my morale patches on my current bag, I really want to get away from bags that look tactical.. 

Edited by Defender

@Handsome Rob, thanks for the Poshmark recommendation. I found this Keen bag on Poshmark for $20 w/ tax/shipping. It's really well built with lots of storage areas, comfy to carry, and not too big (I could stand for it to be just a little smaller, but it'll do).

image.thumb.png.da5dbfe5d15d07b72439e4490ae785ab.png

Edited by BigK
  • Love 1
On 10/5/2024 at 7:35 AM, Defender said:

Wish I wasn’t so picky, LOL.  It would be nice to be able to see all these bags in person, too.  As much as I like displaying my morale patches on my current bag, I really want to get away from bags that look tactical.. 

We need a 'handbag club' meetup.....

• Haha 2
37 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I’m just thankful we pivoted from the original product.

Otherwise the suggestion of a “let me see your Nutsac” meetup would just be weird.

You let the intrusive thoughts win, didn't you. 😆

Edited by Handsome Rob
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Handsome Rob said:

Kiiiiiiinda makes me question what the hell you thought you were clicking on. 

Or more importantly: Why?

🤔

The first time I clicked on the title, it was misleading when the discussion was  about "handbags" as I was not really expecting that particular topic to covered in detail ( 2 pages now) on TGO.  There are rules here about topics.  🤔

While I still love the waxed canvas looks of the nutsac bags,they just aren’t big enough, don’t have enough features plus are way too expensive, so I found a Vertx Essentials 2.0 Sling Bag that works for now.  I can fit my daily carry in it as well as my 13’’ iPad pro(barely) when I need to.  It’s got a grab handle in addition to the sling.  It has a quick access concealed carry compartment that Velcro sticks to that I use for spare mags and flashlights.  It also has in one compartment a Molle system.  I’d like the bag to be just slightly bigger, but not much, LOL.  Oh and as you can see, it doesn’t scream tactical. I may move up to a vertx commuter size if I can find one locally to see.

IMG_0073.jpeg

Edited by Defender
4 hours ago, Defender said:

While I still love the waxed canvas looks of the nutsac bags,they just aren’t big enough, have enough features plus way too expensive, so I found a Vertx Essentials 2.0 Sling Bag that works for now.  I can fit my daily carry in it as well as my 13’’ iPad pro(barely) when I need to.  It’s got a grab handle in addition to the sling.  It has a quick access concealed carry compartment that Velcro sticks to that I use for sore mags and flashlights.  It also has in one compartment a Molle system.  I’d like it to be just slightly bigger, but not much, LOL.  Oh and as you can see, it doesn’t scream tactical. I may up to a vertx commuter sing size if I can find one locally to see.

IMG_0073.jpeg

I just watched a great video about it. Looks like an excellent tactical EDC bag that doesn't look like one. I really like it. Would an 8.5" x 11" legal pad or a standard size spiral notebook fit in that main compartment?

14 hours ago, BigK said:

I just watched a great video about it. Looks like an excellent tactical EDC bag that doesn't look like one. I really like it. Would an 8.5" x 11" legal pad or a standard size spiral notebook fit in that main compartment?

Yes.  My iPad Pro is 11 inches tall and it fits, but it’s tight.  A pad or spiral is flexible so should fit easier than my iPad. I don’t carry my iPad out much and there’s plenty of room. I like mine so far.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Defender said:

Yes.  My iPad Pro is 11 inches tall and it fits, but it’s tight.  A pad or spiral is flexible so should fit easier than my iPad. I don’t carry my iPad out much and there’s plenty of room. I like mine so far.

Thanks! I really don't need another bag, but I keep chasing that perfect one, LOL.

• Like 1

After some more online research, I decided the Vertx Transit Sling 2 was more what I need for an EDC bag.  The commuter was  little too big, the Essentials 2 I recently bought is just a tad too small, but I’m hoping the transit sling is, like Goldilocks said, just right, LOL. I found one at lapolicegear.com for 126.50 including shipping so that was quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else that had them.  They are out of stock at several places.  They only had one color in stock, the same dark red/black that my essentials is, pictured above.  I might have liked a different color, but I’m ok with this one.  Doubt anyone would say “look out, there’s Rambo’’, LOL.  But, seriously, this one might be one to look at guys.  This guy had a pretty good review of the transit vs commuter bags, so if you’re looking at one of these, check his YouTube out.  Now, I need to get all  my other bags inventoried and posted on here for sale, so look out for some deals.

19 hours ago, Defender said:

After some more online research, I decided the Vertx Transit Sling 2 was more what I need for an EDC bag.  The commuter was  little too big, the Essentials 2 I recently bought is just a tad too small, but I’m hoping the transit sling is, like Goldilocks said, just right, LOL. I found one at lapolicegear.com for 126.50 including shipping so that was quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else that had them.  They are out of stock at several places.  They only had one color in stock, the same dark red/black that my essentials is, pictured above.  I might have liked a different color, but I’m ok with this one.  Doubt anyone would say “look out, there’s Rambo’’, LOL.  But, seriously, this one might be one to look at guys.  This guy had a pretty good review of the transit vs commuter bags, so if you’re looking at one of these, check his YouTube out.  Now, I need to get all  my other bags inventoried and posted on here for sale, so look out for some deals.

Are you returning the Essential bag? Selling it (PM me, if you do)?

• Like 1