Who else likes pocket pistols?

Like I said in my intro, one of things I collect are .32ACP pocket guns. I decided to pull out a few of my more interesting examples

Top left is a Frommer Stop in 7,65. This is one of the strangest pocket guns out there. The recoil spring sits on top, which is pretty uncommon. However, the oddest thing about this pistol is that uses a rotating bolt, similar to what you'd find in an AK. There was even a machine pistol version of it. Two pistols, upside down, each with 25 round magazines, are mounted in a little tripod. I assume the Hungarians had worries that the rabbits would rise up against them

Top right is a French "Unique" pistol. This one features an acceptance stamp showing that it was in use with the Moroccan police

Bottom right is a German Dreyse M1907. The Dreyse was fairly innovative for its day in that it's striker fired and the firing pin protruded out of the back so you could see/feel if it was cocked

Bottom left is the venerable Colt M1903 pocket hammerless. As far as vest guns go, none are more classy. I actually carry mine from time to time. Makes you feel like an old tyme detective searching gin-joints for a dangerous dame with gams that don't quit

In the center is a CZ 27. This one features several Waffenampt markings indicating that it was accepted into service with the German military in WWII. The fact that it is blued rather than parkerized would indicate that this was produced just before or early into the German occupation of Prague. This one is magnificent. The bluing is still deep and rich and the trigger even retains its factory straw bluing. Whoever it was issued to clearly didn't do much with it.

Honorable mention: Maxine. Like all cats she feels the need to make an appearance when the guns come out

Hope you folks enjoy the post.

PXL_20240924_004944396.MP.jpg

PXL_20240924_005131265.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting collection, sir. Thanks for sharing. You might consider adding a few Savage handguns. The 51 Remington is another interesting specimen to keep an eye out for.

To answer your question, I like the pocket pistols. I’ve never owned any of the models you show here. That’s a really cool collection for sure!

Edited by gregintenn

I actually got my first Savage .32 earlier this year at the Tennessee Military Collectors show down in Franklin. Haven't taken it to the range yet, but I've always wanted one. I'd hoped to find an early one with the metal grips, but the one I ended up with will do just fine.

I've got a Remington Model 51, but it's the .380 version. I keep hoping to run into someone with the .32ACP model who wants to trade.