CZ shadow 2 blue vs orange

On 9/15/2024 at 12:47 AM, Tactical Sleeping Bag said:

Considering which to get, what are the differences and does anyone have opinions on which is worth the cost?

The Orange is a semi-custom shopish version of the Blue, which is now the standard Shadow 2, I believe.  The Orange has a barrel bushing installed, the slide and frame are hand-fitted, and the trigger is allegedly better.  The trigger does have the parts that provide a short reset, which is a modification that competitive shooters and their gunsmiths often do.  

I have an Orange and the slide to frame fit is excellent, but the trigger needs some work (I am a competitive shooter and gradually became a trigger snob).  I don't shoot it much and need to sell it.  

2 hours ago, D B Cooper said:

Someone with both can correct me but I believe the orange has adjustable rear sights and is double action only. The Blue has non adjustable sights and can be had as either double action or designated as "SA" or single action only. I've got the blue SA version.

The Orange is DA/SA and has a rear sight that is adjustable for elevation.  

1 hour ago, BigK said:

However, I never understood why they made a SA/DA version of a target pistol. 

The Shadow 2 dominates USPSA Production and Carry Optics divisions, which require a striker fired or a DA gun.  It was made for Production division, and Carry Optics is based on Production.  If CZ wanted to sell guns to USPSA shooters, they hit a grand slam with the Shadow 2.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, deerslayer said:

The Shadow 2 dominates USPSA Production and Carry Optics divisions, which require a striker fired or a DA gun.  It was made for Production division, and Carry Optics is based on Production.  If CZ wanted to sell guns to USPSA shooters, they hit a grand slam with the Shadow 2.  

Good point, I bought my Shadow for IDPA. I love it and probably won't ever part with it. It made me a better shooter right away.

1 hour ago, Defunct Ammo said:

As BigK has already stated, you can't ever go wrong with whichever you choose. If I had no other choice I'd pick the Orange mostly because I'm a sucker for DA/SA pistols and I'm okay with sacrificing some trigger performance for some additonal utility. But thats just me 🤷‍♂️

I have a couple of pistols w/ strikers, but the ones I love to shoot most have hammers and DA/SA triggers. I'm right there with  you.

9 minutes ago, BigK said:

Good point, I bought my Shadow for IDPA. I love it and probably won't ever part with it. It made me a better shooter right away.

I have a couple of pistols w/ strikers, but the ones I love to shoot most have hammers and DA/SA triggers. I'm right there with  you.

My CZ 75 Compact and P-07 are amongst my favorite pistols. Heh, even my favorite striker fired pistol is the TP9DA which is, you guessed it, a DA/SA model!

Edited by Defunct Ammo
  • Like 1