Opinions on Kel-Tec Sub2000 ?

Gurn

Been looking at these and like the idea of a PCC rifle. Especially a folder . Would make a great bug out bag choice to go along with a Glock 9mm. I like how the third gen. folds and twists to allow a red dot directly mounted. I have read good and bad reviews but most people like them. The S&W is another option but quite a bit more expensive and only uses Smith mags. If I do decide on a Sub2K then I have to decide on what color, . 馃槀

Mine is a 1st generation with Beretta mags.聽 It's been reliable with Winchester white box 9mm.聽 It likes to stay lubed.聽 I use Ballistol for oil and small dabs of grease.

The trigger pull is long, heavy, and atrocious.聽 The bolt handle under the stock is awkward and hard to operate.聽 The sights are almost a joke.聽 For 50 yards, they're fine, though.聽 You won't be trying to hit much longer than that, anyway.

I do not have experience with the later versions, but have heard that they are better.

I have both a 2nd gen and a 3rd gen. 聽I like them, but there certainly are better guns out there. 聽But I have several Kel-Tecs and like them all. 聽I don鈥檛 need two though and my 2nd gen is up for sale or trade. 聽As far as trades go, not sure but I鈥檓 open to ideas.

I have a gen 2 and like it for its compact easy to use configuration. 聽Wish I would have bought one that had the shallower mag well so G19 mags would work but mine needs G17 mags or longer. 聽At the time I bought it was very hard to find so my only requirement was I wanted gen 2 and glock mag well. There is a 3rd party red dot mount for gen 1 and 2. 聽I have planned on buying one for a few years. 聽I am a Kel-Tec fan, I also have a聽SU-16C that I like better than my AR.

I have a gen 2 with Glock mags, well Pmags, that lives in my truck BOB. Plenty 100 accurate with the factory sights. Hits plenty hard with heavy +p ammo. I wipe it down and oil it once in a while. Has never failed me. Gave $250 for it in a pawn shop a few years back.

Ive got one that takes glock mags (I think gen 2).聽 Like others have said the trigger is terrible, the charging handle is akward, and feels cheap overall.聽 That being said I put a Sig Romeo5 on an arisaka offset mount and it has maintained accuracy and it goes bang everytime I have pulled the trigger.聽聽