Obama's 100 days in office, talking about the AWB.

First 100 days: Assault weapons ban - The First 100 Days- msnbc.com

maybe he is getting it through his head. the most alarming statistic is the number of ATF inspectors has stayed the same in the last 18 years. what in the world has crime done in the last 18 years? has it remained the same? that has wrong stamped all over itself. the number of agents is an outrage in my opinion. they need more agents to enforce the laws that are already on the books. i think he might be figuring out that reimposing the AWB is political suicide.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justme
First 100 days: Assault weapons ban - The First 100 Days- msnbc.com

maybe he is getting it through his head. the most alarming statistic is the number of ATF inspectors has stayed the same in the last 18 years. what in the world has crime done in the last 18 years? has it remained the same? that has wrong stamped all over itself. the number of agents is an outrage in my opinion. they need more agents to enforce the laws that are already on the books. i think he might be figuring out that reimposing the AWB is political suicide.

It is a cold, calculating move...they want to lull us to sleep.

It is a cold, calculating move...they want to lull us to sleep.

That's kind of my thought. I think they know it is a loosing battle right now. They might try to slip it in when we are least expecting it, after the mid-term elections, or near the end of Obama's term (hopefully only one!). I think they know the timing is bad to get new gun control passed, but they still want it.

Hopefully the availability and price of guns, ammo and AR parts will start to improve soon :D - I need to finish my AR build!

Guest Dean_JC78

Obama is not an idiot. A frontal assault will damage him, even with the Media 110% on his side. He trying to appear reasonable while attacking from other directions using other people. They will be his pawns but his hands will appear clean. Then when something hits the fan that he can point to as a "need" for more control, he will point to the past and say that he tried to be reasonable.

In the first 100 days he has tested the waters with the BS about Mexico and our guns, the shootings we have had etc. My gut says that something will happen here in the next couple years that will be something small but the Govt and media will blow it up to be huge and they will use that to get their gun ban.

Guest Guitarsnguns

I keep seeing the following idiotic argument for gun control: "The second amendment was written in the days of flintlocks and cannons, there is no need for assault weapons." Considering that flintlocks and cannons were state of the art weaponry at the time, I would draw the conclusion that today we should be entitled to own machine guns and missile launchers in addition to any other military hardware currently available. How much gun control do these jackasses want anyway? (I know the answer to that question) I just can't believe the level of stupidity involved in the gun control campaign, and some believe it.

Guest crhoades
I keep seeing the following idiotic argument for gun control: "The second amendment was written in the days of flintlocks and cannons, there is no need for assault weapons." Considering that flintlocks and cannons were state of the art weaponry at the time, I would draw the conclusion that today we should be entitled to own machine guns and missile launchers in addition to any other military hardware currently available. How much gun control do these jackasses want anyway? (I know the answer to that question) I just can't believe the level of stupidity involved in the gun control campaign, and some believe it.

And as far as the first amendment goes, they had quills. No need for computers!:up: