So I bought a Zev OZ9C .. read the story if your interested

I bought this gun on 8-17 at Bass Pro. I was not able to try it out other then cylceling the slide for a few days so I went to the range and gave it a try. First mag loaded up with Win white box 115's. Dropped the slide and FTF. I figured the gun is brand new, no big deal right. I smacked the back of the slide and it closed and it fired all 17 rounds. Next mag, same thing, next mag same thing. ETC... I was able to fire 130+ rounds with just the first round FTFing on me. 

I contacted Zev and TT Erik who was fantastic. He sent me a new extractor set up. I put it in and same FTF's are taking place. 

I went as far as changing out all the factory ZEV slide components out for my Gen 3 G19 parts again FTF's. 

I contacted Erik back and I am sending the gun in for a looksie. The 3 mags all function as designed in my G19 gen 3. 

I put my Zev slide on my Glock frame and still FTF.. 

I will let ya know when I get the gun back.. should be 6-8 weeeks or so. 

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Six to eight weeks?  And that passes for customer service?

Are they that swamped with returns of defective guns?  Making a note to myself re future gun purchases....

Hope things work out for you,

Whisper

• Like 4

Oh I have tried it all.. I have gone thru just one round in the mag, 2 rounds in the mag, half full mags, full mags, glock mags. I have tried every possible combination of parts from my Gen 3 19 trying to find the issue myself before involving ZEV. All without success as we ran thru what I did again while on the phone. The bullets are even being set back in the case further so I had to scrap some brand new factory ammo so I did not get pressure issues. (I reload so know the specs)

• Wow 1

Only the first round fails to feed...

Well if you're not riding the slide and you've tried different ammo, then yeah, sending it in is the right choice. That turn around time is enough to say that I'll never own a Zev.

As an aside, I just recently took all of my 9mms to a friends farm. I brought only WInchester white box. I've never had so many FTEs. It happened on EVERY one of my pistols and my carbine. It's to the point that i've deemed that ammo as unsafe. Glad i'm almost out of it.

• Like 2

Yup tried different ammo.. and WWB gives me no issues in any other guns that I own.. But yeah, I am gonna shop for some new ammo after I go thru this as it is obvious the best ammo is no longer the best, LOL

6 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

That turn around time is enough to say that I'll never own a Zev.

Yeah, same here.  For a gun that expensive to be non-functional right out of the box, and the manufacturer not to have someone standing by to fix it the minute it gets back into the shop, is inexcusable.

All manufactured products can have problems, but when you pay a premium price, you should get corresponding levels of service.  Six to eight weeks ain't it.

Cheers,

Whisper

32 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Yeah, same here.  For a gun that expensive to be non-functional right out of the box, and the manufacturer not to have someone standing by to fix it the minute it gets back into the shop, is inexcusable.

All manufactured products can have problems, but when you pay a premium price, you should get corresponding levels of service.  Six to eight weeks ain't it.

Cheers,

Whisper

1-2 weeks I could see. Maybe a 3rd for shipping. 6-8 weeks? They're outta their minds.

• Like 1

The feedback I have seen out there is about 2 to 3 weeks but just like any other company out there they say these things to save face. Heck I took my Jeep to the dealer for a recall and they said 30-45 days and it was done in two weeks.