I'm all for getting rid of the NFA all together, but I'm ok with semi-auto, I now have to pay for my own ammo and semi-auto is expensive enough for me.

Now if they allow silencers, I may get some, but not so much for hunting, but range work to keep the noise down for the neighbors.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Omega said:

I'm all for getting rid of the NFA all together, but I'm ok with semi-auto, I now have to pay for my own ammo and semi-auto is expensive enough for me.

Now if they allow silencers, I may get some, but not so much for hunting, but range work to keep the noise down for the neighbors.

This! I would shoot twice as much if I wasn鈥檛 worried about a particular couple neighbors right to quiet enjoyment.聽

Not sure just how to feel about this. While I'd love to see a repeal of the NFA, Glock switches in the hands of gang bangers is becoming a real problem in Memphis.聽

Oh well, if I could somehow afford a real machine gun, I couldn't聽 afford to feed it.聽馃檮

• Like 4

I agree, the NFA and GCA are unconstitutional and need to go. We see from that progression the anti's are not happy with a little, they want it all.聽

@Grayfox54聽yes I understand the thugs are getting bolder and better armed. that just goes to prove that gun control laws don't work. We have to find a better way to deal with that problem. Maybe go back in time and legalize weed so the cartels didn't grow so strong. Or stop prohibition from being passed so the mob didn't profit from liquor.
those two bans didn't work and gave the criminals a lot of profits. Had we kept these two thing legal, controlled, and taxed we would not have spent billions on enforcing bans and gained billions in tax dollars. I have no clue how many jobs are in the liquor and liquor control/inspection industries but we can see how much the criminals have profited.

I have dies for .45 and I'm sure I could buy more die sets for any other full auto I might be able to get. I'm sure that machine guns are not that expensive, they are just a finite commodity in the USA so the price goes up.

• Like 2

We should be able to buy any firearm being produced, we shouldn't have to over pay for a 40 year old firearm.聽 If you want the same rifles our military are getting you should be able to go to buy a full auto sig.聽 I don't expect this to happen but it should.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Jpoc700 said:

We should be able to buy any firearm being produced, we shouldn't have to over pay for a 40 year old firearm.聽 If you want the same rifles our military are getting you should be able to go to buy a full auto sig.聽 I don't expect this to happen but it should.

That is the way the 2nd is put to paper!

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2024 at 10:13 PM, Scotty said:

This! I would shoot twice as much if I wasn鈥檛 worried about a particular couple neighbors right to quiet enjoyment.聽

So how does this work and is it a real thing?聽 Their right to quiet enjoyment supersedes your right to literally practice with your 2nd amendment rights?聽 Here is a true story and life lesson I learned from my dad.聽 Less than 10 years ago, I was at my dads place (15acres) with a bunch of friends shooting skeet and targets.聽 Sounded like war was going off with all the shooting, which I know none of his neighbors were used to.聽 One of the neighbors called the sheriffs on us and said we shot a hole through their house, which was a lie because we weren't even shooting in their direction, and it was strictly because of the noise.聽 My dad asked the sheriff if he saw the hole and to take him to go see it to call them on their bluff.聽 The sheriff then said no need to do that but instead told us to keep it down, but my dad asked why if we're doing everything legally in the middle of the day.聽 They didn't have an answer for it and said have a nice day and drove away.聽 After they left, I asked my dad if we should stop shooting and he said if we did his neighbors won the forever battle and we would never get to shoot again because they would just continue to call the sheriffs every time we tried to shoot.聽 He said to keep shooting to let his neighbors know that their lie to the sheriff and phone call did nothing to stop our right to continue to shoot responsibly and legally.聽 My thought on this, is that it is a tricky situation and you don't want to piss of your neighbors, but if you purposely don't shoot because of their quiet enjoyment, then they'll just expect more quiet and eventually call sheriffs like they did on us.聽 If you continue to shoot more often and legally do it then they will either deal with it and get used to it or the sheriffs will stop coming out their every time the neighbor calls them on you for shooting.聽 To this day, the sheriffs still have never came back to my dads house after that incident.聽 Just my 2 cents and past experience.

Edited by CastNblast04
  • Like 2