Thoughts on White Oak predator AR barrels...

Been thinking about an 18 inch " precision " AR.   Thinking about the 18 inch, 1 in 8 twist " Preditor " barrel...

Does anyone have any experience with White Oak..?  They come pretty highly recommended...

Any thoughts on alternate barrels that do the same thing...?

Thanks in advance.

leroy...

Edited by leroy
4 hours ago, leroy said:

Been thinking about an 18 inch " precision " AR.   Thinking about the 18 inch, 1 in 8 twist " Preditor " barrel...

Does anyone have any experience with White Oak..?  They come pretty highly recommended...

Any thoughts on alternate barrels that do the same thing...?

Thanks in advance.

leroy...

I have had one AR in .204 Ruger with a White Oak barrel.  I didn't put it together.  Leroy you have been around long enough you might remember Brent aka @Rightwinger.  He built this AR and loved the White Oak barrel.  I shot it for a couple of years before I sold it.  I was always impressed with the accuracy of the barrel.

• Thanks 1

I had a "bench" AR built with a White Oak 24" heavy barrel. It was as accurate as any bolt gun I've owned. Only dislike was that it was a 10lb AR! Sold it through TGO a few years back. The new owner was quite happy with it.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, 221 Fireball said:

I had a "bench" AR built with a White Oak 24" heavy barrel. It was as accurate as any bolt gun I've owned. Only dislike was that it was a 10lb AR! ....

My concern too... I may look at the lighter contour barrels... The " Predator" is a bit lighter than the " Varmit ", but I'ma guessin the whole rig would be 8 lb or so... 

Thanks a bunch...

leroy...

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have a rifle that had a white oaks armament barrel. It was a tack driver, well as good of a shot as I could do. The barrels came highly recommended from some dudes I knew in the AMU when I was at Fort Benning.

• Thanks 1

I have an SPR that I built with an 18” White Oak barrel in .223 Wylde. It’s a tack driver. I’ve had it 10 plus years and it’s still serving me well. I can’t remember what contour it is, so I’m no help there.  My whole setup is rather heavy but I expected that with how I built it. I think you will be happy with one of their barrels.

• Thanks 1

If you haven't purchased from White Oak yet, this email arrived from WOA today:

" Shiver me timbers! It's an SP-AARRGH sale just over the horizon!

Next Thursday, September 19th, is Talk Like A Pirate Day and we will be talking like a pirate with our annual SP-AARRGH sale.  All SPR barrels and uppers will be discounted for ONE DAY ONLY.  Mark your calendar and watch your inbox! "

• Thanks 1