G43X or CR920X?

Guys, I need some help… 

I’m looking for some feedback from anyone on here that owns the shadow systems CR920X, I carry a G43X MOS, I own a MR920 as well and absolutely love it. But I also love my G43X but only after modifying the crap OE trigger. I’ve been calling around the local gun shops in my area to see if they have a CR920X in stock so I can put hands on one before making my decision to make a switch from my EDC G43X with no joy. I’m having a hard time deciding on either just ordering the shadow systems or just sticking with the glock. Feedback from anyone that’s had hands on experience with both would help me out a lot on what to do. Thanks!!

Edited by PoonPlatoon909

I would recommend sticking with the glock if ya fixed the trigger and like it.  I own both, and the Apex trigger in the 43x is just about like my cr 920.   I like em both, but they ain't gonna make an MR 920 trigger. 

I think the smaller frames make the trigger geometry  a bit shorter, making the trigger pull harder...That said, I do like the size and magazines on the cr better...

Hope this helps.

leroy...

Leroy, thanks for the insight. I forgot to mention that I also addressed the OR 10 round capacity of the Glock and went with shield arms S15 +2 extension magazines and their mag release since the new mags are steel. I think you’re right about the geometry of these smaller frames. I replaced the trigger shoe with a ranger proof/johnny Glocks vex f3 and 3.5lb connector and what a huge difference. How’s the accuracy between the CR920 vs. G43X?

I had a 48 then found a CR920 War Poet.  I sold the G48 not long after. The trigger on the Glock wasn't for me.  13 plus 1 and red dot cut in almost the same package was a better fit for me. I did have a tighter group on the CR, but not everyone gets along with all firearms the same.

I had my share of Glocks over the years.  It will take something special for me to buy another.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're still undecided... I have both the 43X and the CR920XP. I replaced the trigger on the 43X, tuned the new trigger, etc. Loved that gun. Until I shot the CR920XP. Haven't touched the 43X since and have no plans to.

I've had several of both and PSA Micro's. Here is my comparison of the PSA and CR920. 

In regards to the Glock 43x, it's like a very simplified version of the CR920 with lower mag capacity. The CR920 you can have the lower capacity with a shorter grip or higher capacity with the same grip length as the 43x. The fact that you'd have to buy PSA mags and spend more money than the CR920 to get it close to the CR920's refinement and mag capacity, there is no value to be had.

Then you have the optic cut. The CR920 is darn near perfect in it's optic mount system. If you get the MOS 43x you've spent too much for a bad mounting system. If you get the 43x and want it optic cut, you could have bought nearly two 43x's by the time your done. The other option is to get the PSA micro slide that is optic cut, and again, why the Glock at that point?

The grip, handling, setup, and shoot ability of the CR920 is right out of the box. The Glock needs a lot and even then falls short of "Perfection".

• Thanks 1

As Smith has said; the extended magazines in the CR920 essentially makes him a 43X. That's how I carry mine, as I have pretty large hands. 

More than that; the extra mags are a whoppin $ 25 as I remember from the Shadow Systems website.  They are most excellent...

leroy.. 

If you already have the 43x in a spot where you like the trigger, and you are already running the S15 mags I’d just stick with that. I sold my stock 43x to upgrade to a CR920, only to find that the trigger was just a s crappy, even after several hundred rounds. I’m going to bite the bullet and upgrade it at some point, but haven’t decided which direction yet. Other than the aesthetics, the biggest plus the CR has over the 43x is the optics mounting situation. SS did a really good job across their platforms on the optics mount piece of the puzzle.

• Love 1