Is this Even possible EDC A 2011

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with it?  Seems to me it would be a tall order to fill unless it was Fall or Winter.  I am just not a fan of even giving the slightest hint that one may be armed.

• Like 1

I carry my Staccato C2 sometimes. It usually depends on what I am wearing but also my weight/gut. Fall and winter is easier as summer tends to be thinner and lighter clothes. I appendix carry so when I am a little less in shape and my gut it a little larger, I find it a little harder to not print. I do want to eventually get the Staccato CS to help make it a little easier to carry.

Of course it is. A good IWB holster and belt at 4 o'clock position. One must buy their pants a size larger for IWB, many people miss this detail. I've personally carried some very large pistols this way. If you find the big belly no butt thread you'll guess I don't any longer. OWB preferably in an Avenger type holster for me now. And nothing as heavy as 2011 since I've gotten the old man body. I do have a DeSantis tuckable I'm about to put back in service with a 1911. But it will see rare use.

adding this: Clothing choices have to reflect your carry piece and style. Thicker longer tailed shirts, bigger waist pants. There has been much written about how to dress to avoid printing/flashing. Sorry I don't have those old magazines to share.

Edited by papa61
19 minutes ago, papa61 said:

Of course it is. A good IWB holster and belt at 4 o'clock position. One must buy their pants a size larger for IWB, many people miss this detail. I've personally carried some very large pistols this way. If you find the big belly no butt thread you'll guess I don't any longer. OWB preferably in an Avenger type holster for me now. And nothing as heavy as 2011 since I've gotten the old man body. I do have a DeSantis tuckable I'm about to put back in service with a 1911. But it will see rare use.

adding this: Clothing choices have to reflect your carry piece and style. Thicker longer tailed shirts, bigger waist pants. There has been much written about how to dress to avoid printing/flashing. Sorry I don't have those old magazines to share.

Well I am looking into trying a wedge.  Most of my pants sizes are indirectly more than two to three sizes too big in the waist now so that is covered.

I Ordered a crossbreed holster, so I am going t9 give it a try.  Biggest th8 g seems to be getting the Grip closer to my side.

it's really not much worse than a Commander or Government.  The key is to get a flush fitting magazine, 126mm, and remove the bulky magwells.   I pretty much pull off all my 2011 magwells anyway unless they're an active competition gun.

4 hours ago, New Guy said:

Well I am looking into trying a wedge.  Most of my pants sizes are indirectly more than two to three sizes too big in the waist now so that is covered.

I Ordered a crossbreed holster, so I am going t9 give it a try.  Biggest th8 g seems to be getting the Grip closer to my side.

I had a Crossbreed. pretty good holster but the leather is a little thin. I've seen kydex that would work well but I don't like the plastic against my skin. Wide set belt straps and a good tail on the rear of the muzzle end will help tuck in the butt. I'm looking for one to show an example but haven't seen it yet. Andrews Custom also makes one with a steel inner reinforcement. I haven't tried it. pic below is DeSantis Inner Peace.

057_large_4471__72739.1524584050.jpg?c=3

Edited by papa61

I carry my Staccato C Single Stack daily and before that I carried a double stack DPO with a HOLSUN 507C and a CS DPO double stack with a HOLSUN 508T. As long as you choose a good holster and belt combination it isn't a problem at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I’m looking to do the same, I love wearing shorts in the summer and was wondering if anybody had any advice or thoughts on belly bands or other equipment that could help if I want to full size carry in warmer weather.