Moose Hunt in Alberta

So after years of getting onto my wife about her Amazon shopping, I guess I have gotten just as bad. 

Bought an Alberta Moose hunt off a non-profit. (I'm not rich, just have good credit and make piss-poor decisions)

Anybody been up on one of those hunts? 

Able to add on a wolf for minimal charge. 

Plan to fire up the diesel and take it up through the Black Hills into Canadia, yeh. 

Any advice to plan for? 

Definitely a bucket list item being checked off (before I'm old and cant do it)

30-06 or 458 WM 🤔

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Took this while on a business trip to Colorado 2 weeks ago. 

i-fD4BtK2-600x450.jpg

As for your hunt, get yourself in good hiking shape. It'll be a lot of walking and it's a lot less fun if you're exhausted before you even see the critters. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"As for your hunt, get yourself in good hiking shape. It'll be a lot of walking and it's a lot less fun if you're exhausted before you even see the critters"

I've stayed in decent shape since getting out of the Army but you are exactly right. Long as elevation isn't brought into the equation, I should be good. That's the only thing that whooped me in New Mexico chasing elk

1 hour ago, 19_A_CPT said:

"As for your hunt, get yourself in good hiking shape. It'll be a lot of walking and it's a lot less fun if you're exhausted before you even see the critters"

I've stayed in decent shape since getting out of the Army but you are exactly right. Long as elevation isn't brought into the equation, I should be good. That's the only thing that whooped me in New Mexico chasing elk

We did a little 12k ft walking while in CO and that was something else. We were sucking wind big time after climbing a couple hundred feet.   I guess you adjust to it after a while but it definitely takes more than 4 days. 

• Wow 1

You ain't lying about that elevation. We went tubing on a mountain and after about 20 minutes I could tell the difference in breathing. Also going up all those dang steps at Red Rocks. Never tried the canned oxygen they sell everywhere.

• Haha 1
On 8/5/2024 at 5:00 PM, FrankD said:

I would add that wolf on while you're at it, not many chances to pop one down here in TN!

Can add upland bird as well. I think it'll be a fun time. My wife is planning to go as well.