Just finished my 36 visit to Cardiac Rehab.

After a heart attack my heart output had dropped to 30% and I was in heart failure. I started Cardiac Rehab at the St Thomas Hospital here in Murfreesboro. After 20 visits they retested me again on the 2 of July. My Ejection Fraction had gone up to 65% and I am no longer in heart failure. As matter of fact, my heart output percentage is 5 % better than it was before I had the attack.  My Cardiologist said he had a hard time believing the results, since my windowmaker was 100% blocked by the blood clot. He looked over the results of the test 4 times. He said he could only find a very small place on the very back wall of my heart where my heart muscle shows minimal damage, and it was so small and where it is located should be in-sequential to my wellbeing in the future. THANK YOU GOD!!!!!

My wife and I are celebrating my recovery by going on our first cruise. We will be sailing from Seattle to Southern Alaska and Canada. Guys I dodged a "BIG Bullet" here. Have you ever sailed on a cruise ship? I don't drink, don't gamble, and can't eat much, however will be exploring South Alaska sight-seeing just for the fun of it. Two of our four daughters, and their families, will be going with us. 

Life is good, again. Thank you "Father."

Edited by pop pop
  • Like 7

Wow, that is great news about your heart recovering so well after your heart attack. You really are getting a second shot at life. Hopefully the cruise is fun. I do hear the sightseeing from the ship is excellent. 

Frog, we will be going on 4 big excursions inland. Visiting Juno, Ketchikan, and Skagway in Alaska. Also visiting Victoria in Canada.  Our plan is to enjoy this trip. 

Victoria is beautiful. The gardens are nice. Some people enjoy high tea at the Empress Hotel. My parents enjoyed Ketchikan during their cruise. I'm sure you are going to have a great time. Being with your family is what will be most special. Bonus time you almost didn't have. God is good.

I did the cruise plus a few extended days last May on a Holland America cruise ship. It was gorgeous, lots of wildlife, tons of activities with a broad range, shows and entertainment, we hiked glacier park. 

I would try to save your energy and plan for your most active days to be Juno and Ketchikan, the boat usually allots more time there. Not throwing shade on the smaller islands but they’re touristy and trinket and shopping hubs. We rented e-bikes and although they weren’t cheap it was a fun way to see most of Ketchikan without breaking a sweat. 

Get reindeer everything, reindeer dogs, reindeer raviolis, reindeer patties. It just makes for a fun experience and memory. Dogs and raviolis were quite tasty even if they were pricey. It’ll be a memory for sure. 

Might want to consider having anyone who hasn’t been on a boat before to prep with some anti-naseau. I’m prone to “land sickness”, once I’m on land I feel the waves through the gravel it seems. Been that way all my life, I typically take a few days off post vacation to deal with it. But if no one has been on a charter fishing trip or a cruise have them prep with some of the pills or bracelets the night before just to be safe. 

Anytime I’m going on a cruise I show up with a minimum of $300 in singles  I don’t gamble either, but I tip a minimum of $2 a drink alcoholic or not the first couple of days. That $2-3 to a server or bartender the first few days will get you top notch service and a ton of freebies, old bartender trick. You’ll never have to wait in a line for a soda or water, they'll drop off a decent glass of champagne or wine for no reason and they’ll see you coming up and put your drink in front of others.

Have fun, the wildlife and glacial scenery was truly awesome.

• Like 1

pop pop - having been in a similar situation myself, I can say you look at life and what tomorrow brings in a whole new light. Enjoy your time with the family and friends. You have a "chapter 2" of life that most do not have the opportunity to experience. Take care.

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments and encouragement guys. Little worried about the waves, however looking forward to this trip. I am truly thankful for my second chance. It is answer to many prayers.  God is good. 

• Like 1

Purchased some patches to attach behind our ears for motion sickness. We should be ok for the trip and the ship wave rolling while at sea. Friend went 2 weeks ago and said he got sick the first night out at sea, so he cautioned us.  I can't take much motion myself these days.

Looking forward to getting on the ship but the 5 1/2 hr plane trip to Seattle is a bugger. On blood thinners so I am hoping for no blood clots. Wife says I need to wear tet-hose to keep legs from getting clots, so I guess I will be wearing heavy stockings guys!  Cain't wait for that???

@pop pop

You are doing great thinking through things you are going to experience and then preparing for them. The special stockings for your flight are smart. Try to get up and walk about every 30 to 45 min, if you can. I think you are going to have a good time seeing some beautiful country & being with the people you love. Maybe you can post a picture or two when you get back?

Edited by Frog4aday