Opinions on AR15 upper

I'm almost ready to order an upper to finish off my AR15 build and have it narrowed down to 2 choices and would like some opinions on which one I should go with.

First is Del-Ton M4 16" with M4 feed ramps, no other upgrades (comes with CAR hand guard). The other is a Stag Arms M4 16" upper with chrome lined barrel, rear flip up sights, M4 hand guard but no M4 feed ramps. The Stag would end up being about $45 more shipping included.

Any thoughts or opinions you guys can give me I'd appreciate.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had two DT's are they are very good. I currently have a 6.8 Stag I haven't fired yet but I like it a lot already. The M4 ramps are really irrelevant on the 5.56 semi and won't make much difference. From what I've read the M4 ramps are really only a necessity in auto/burst and in some of the other caliber variants. Both companies are backed up. DT i think is 13 wks and Stag is 6 mo. so that's a a plus for DT. You can get more customization with the DT for less.

Guest db99wj

If you go with Del ton, be ready for a long, long, long, did I say long wait. I am starting my 17th week on Tuesday, I ordered December 30th.

Yesterday they shipped out this order (Order#: 24788 placed on 11/21/2008) There is a order thread on ar15dotcom in the industry section.

So, you might find something else elsewhere quicker. But I do hear only good things about Del Ton quality.

I called del-ton last week about my order. the web site said at the time of order 10 to 12 weeks behind now it says 12 to 16 but they told me they are still working on nov 08 orders! I am not sure if that is complete guns/ uppers or for parts too. I ordered just parts and originally they said 12 weeks. oh and my order was placed 6 to 8 weeks ago. So i guess i am in for a long wait.

you may want to call them about the wait or go with some other company.

Guest gcrookston

I don't know DelTon, I hear they are good, never had one, never heard anything bad about them. I've had CMMG and they are Excellent! But, I have to hand it to YHM... my 16" is just Fantastic...

DSC00133.jpg

If you go with Del ton, be ready for a long, long, long, did I say long wait. I am starting my 17th week on Tuesday, I ordered December 30th.

Yesterday they shipped out this order (Order#: 24788 placed on 11/21/2008) There is a order thread on ar15dotcom in the industry section.

So, you might find something else elsewhere quicker. But I do hear only good things about Del Ton quality.

That's 11/21 has gotta be something extra special. I ordered a basic 20" upper November 2nd before voting and had the thing about 3 weeks later. However, the Del-ton is of excellent quality as far as I'm concerned but then again my experience is limited to steel, wood and much larger military calibers.

Guest sn8kbit

Log into Bravo Company, look up their upper receiver groups. While it will show that they're all pretty much out of stock, click the email me link, and keep track of your emails. They sell out quick, but have recently worked out a deal with LMT to get monthly shipments on all LMT gear, plus their own BCM uppers are quality pieces also. 475-485 buck BMC-LMT, both of which you cannot go wrong with. I managed to snag a LMT bolt carrier group couple of days back, and a day later the full 16" carbine length LMT uppers showed up (and sold out damn quick). If you want to avoid the build wait, that'd be the best way to go and get top quality gear.