Went To Gun Store Today

14 hours ago, pop pop said:

Defender, if I have distance, I plan going the other way, IF POSSIBLE.

I wholeheartedly agree.   But if I’m seeing innocent people being slaughtered and I can help, I could run away.

Agree with you Defender, but it is extremely hard to truly know, for sure, if a party being fired upon is truly an innocent party and in need of help this day in time. If one is sure then help, but you had better be 100% positive. There are so many plain clothed cops, security officers, and on and on. Getting involved in others problems has a lot of danger connected to it. "Must" be doubly sure of innocence!

it all comes down to what you practice with and get comfortable with.  I moved to all dots on my carry and training pistols a few years back and have plenty of reps with them.  Moving back to iron sights at this point would be slower as I would have to "find" the sights vs my dot already being close to on target on my presentation.  Just the opposite of what most people experience when moving to a dot for the first time.   

All personal preference, there are plenty of people who are very fast and very accurate with iron sights at any distance, and there are people who are fast and accurate at any distance with a dot. 

All of that being said I agree with everyone else here that most factory installed dots are not something I would trust for anything but a range toy.  The RomeoZero optic that Sig puts on the 365 series guns are not something I would trust on a carry gun, they are plastic and very flimsy.

Edited by FrankD
Posted (edited)

I have decided to not purchase a Green or Red Dot sight. I am just not sure I would benefit from the purchase of the dot sight as I am mainly using my EDC for defensive purposes only. Thanks for the replies and advice guys. 

Edited by pop pop
  • Like 1
On 8/15/2024 at 9:04 PM, pop pop said:

...I have decided to not purchase a Green or Red Dot sight. I am just not sure I would benefit from the purchase of the dot sight ...

Pop Pop just described me. 

For me, it's the " old dog, new trick " axiom.  I can see the front sight of my pistola quickly at any range.  I find myself hunting for the red dot when I handle one. 

That said; if it works for you, go for it...

leroy...

• Like 1