Olympics

10 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Let’s focus on the young people who have busted their behinds for years attempting to reach this milestone in their lives. 

This.

• Like 1

I watched a little archery this morning. They have stayed pretty close to their roots...

Recurve bows, no rear sights, no mechanical releases, 77 yards. 

And no age limit so us old farts can play too.

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

I just watch the Olympics for the competition.   Not the always political protests of the opening ceremonies.

Unfortunately the "competition" in too many cases depends on which countries have the best PED's & ways to mask them.

On 7/27/2024 at 11:29 AM, Grayfox54 said:

I had to look that up. WTF? 

Modern pentathlon. Pretty cool sport. It's meant to test the skills needed by a Calvary officer escaping custody behind enemy lines. Fencing, pistol, running, equestrian and swimming. And the horse they ride is randomly assigned to them as if they stole it. 

On 7/30/2024 at 2:06 PM, Omega said:

Listen, the big gal, or guy? I dunno, in the center (Jesus’) place is wearing a halo. The think that only only people are depicted as wearing, Jesus, Mary, Saints. Heck, they’re even standing on similar positions. Everybody knew what that was, they just tried to save a little face. What’s that meme? We’ve always made fun of France for being gay, why are we surprised  

• Authorized Vendor

So the dude (male) knocks the girl out in 46 seconds. I hope these morons that are in favor of this crap are proud of themselves. And women all over the world share a great deal of blame for this in the first place. Leftist women and their "feminism"  over the years have opened the door by declaring they can do anything a man can do.  Really...think again. And people want us to watch the Olympics? How can anyone take the Olympics seriously anymore. I for one father would not be happy if my daughter had to compete against a swinging #@*% after they dedicated sometimes years of practice. 

So why aren't men competing in track and field, gymnastics and the other sports. Oh wait...is that being kept for the next Olympics?

• Like 1

As I understand it, the Algerian boxer in question is and was born female. She just has an incredibly high testosterone levels and was born with that too. She is a bit of a freak, but is a woman. 

IDK, believe whatever you want. 🙄

• Like 3

To get a little back on track, I've been watching off and on, and have enjoyed seeing the different competitions.

I was wondering about the River Seine, folks been discharging in that River since before Julius Caesar...

The controversial boxing match reminded me of this bit from Seinfeld...

• Haha 2