MP3 player help for newbie

Guest db99wj

Guest db99wj

Shut up.:rock: I am not a big music guy, I like the radio, and loving my Satellite radio in the Jeep, but that is about as far as I go.;)

Anyway, the Jeep has a Aux input port on the front of the unit. I have read where you can buy Ipod kits and run your Ipod through the unit, not what I am wanting to do.

I am going to buy a cheap MP3 player (around 40-50 bucks), the unit is MP3 file capable, and want to know how that works. I guess I will need to buy a certain cord...any help appreciated.

The MP3 player is a sandisk 2gb (500 songs) with FM. I will use it running mostly, but there are somethings I would download and want to listen on the radio.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
You better not be paying $40-50 for a Sansa 2gb player... The last 4 or 5 of them I've bought were all under $20 each.

But yes - just get an input cable and you're ready to rock.

Screen and FM tuner, fancy sport clip...49.99 at Target.

Any suggestions for sub $50 mp3 player that will take abuse, small enough to run with? Still looking around for one.

Guest eyebedam

Essex liquidation has the last gen iPods for 39.99 for the kind that clips on & the Janos for 69.00. Just get a iPod & be done. You can check craigslist also they can be had pretty cheap on there also.

Any suggestions for sub $50 mp3 player that will take abuse, small enough to run with? Still looking around for one.

I've had a Sansa for several months, 2" x 1.5" x .5".

2 GIG model.

12602582LG.jpg

Works fine, decent FM, will hold I dunno, 50 ripped CDs or more?

Downside, only charges on puter USB port, no AC or DC adapter, and a full charge is only 6-8 hours worth of use.

I guess I got ripped off according to DRM, paid about $40 at Best Buy for it.

I also added a set of SkullCandy ear loop retainer type ear phones for it, got tired of included ear buds falling out (they were fine quality, just wouldn't stay in my ears).

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest db99wj
I've had a Sansa for several months, 2" x 1.5" x .5".

2 GIG model.

12602582LG.jpg

Works fine, decent FM, will hold I dunno, 50 ripped CDs or more?

Downside, only charges on puter USB port, no AC or DC adapter, and a full charge is only 6-8 hours worth of use.

I guess I got ripped off according to DRM, paid about $40 at Best Buy for it.

I also added a set of SkullCandy ear loop retainer type ear phones for it, got tired of included ear buds falling out (they were fine quality, just wouldn't stay in my ears).

- OS

Did you get it in pink?

OS, OS is going to kick me in my a$$ for that comment.;)

That is the model, in Black:p, that I saw at Target, they have them for 49.99.

Looking at the essex place eye mentioned.

In the long run, just get an ipod shuffle or an older ipod. It will be worth it since you can buy music online. If you get a Nano for instance, You can charge you ipod and and listen to the music at the same time. I have an old 30 gig in my jeep that wont hold a charge but works fine with my music.

I've been buying Sansa's off Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM) when they come up - usually $13-17 each. I am a BIG fan of the Sansa's - I have several models in the house right now, 3 clips and a few other models. Yes - most of the Woot ones are refurbs, but I haven't had a single one show up bad.

I think the FM tuner is pretty much standard on all of them.

The Clip is a good choice - but do some pricing shopping, they are getting cheaper and cheaper.

Don't get sucked into the ipod nonsense - you're paying for a name. Especially with the smaller players, Sansa beats them on price AND features.

Did you get it in pink?

OS, OS is going to kick me in my a$$ for that comment.;)

asskick.jpg

Actually, mine is deep red, just grabbed quick image.

They were out of black or gray when I was ready to grab one.

But I did tie a sweet little ribbon around it.

- OS

My daughter has the pink Clip, my son has the black, and I think I have another pink one floating around somewhere...

My wife and I both have older M240's... I'm too impatient to wait for things to charge, and the M240 runs on a single AAA (or maybe it is an A?) battery. Just pop one in and keep rocking out. Yes - it's physically a little bigger, but I use it mainly for yard work, etc... not that big of a deal.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest db99wj

Thanks for the heads up, missed it. Haven't done anything yet. Been crazy busy lately. I will need to check this site more, today is a golf club.

• 1 month later...

BTW, I ordered one for myself this morning - mainly for the clip feature since my older (physically larger, but 1gb smaller) Sansa MP3 player is is pulling on the cord when I run with it in my pocket... being able to clip this one to my waistband will resolve that issue.

All in all - that will now be 4 of these Sansa Clips in my house, and the refurbs working fine, the only one I had problems with was NIB... go figure :cheers:

Guest foister82

I'd be careful with the sansas... ive bought two off woot and one off buy.com (that was RMA'ed once) and all of them have the same issue - the left channel goes out after the cord is put in and taken out of the headphone jack a few times.

They're great units but you have to be extra gentle with them

I'd be careful with the sansas... ive bought two off woot and one off buy.com (that was RMA'ed once) and all of them have the same issue - the left channel goes out after the cord is put in and taken out of the headphone jack a few times.

They're great units but you have to be extra gentle with them

Again, I've now purchased SIX different Sansa MP# players off Woot and not had a single problem out of any one of them... ALL refurbs.

I think you're doing something wrong :cheers: