Rost Martin – RM1C – 9mm Pistol Manufacturer from, Dallas, TX

So I am a new guy to this forum and state... (transplant jokes aside...) and no not a schillI.. my name is Kris and my handle on a google search will validate a couple things.... but I actually have a topic I believe to be NEW to the TN handgun discussion....

**** DISCLOSURE 

I WAS HIRED TO DO SOME PHOTOGRAPHY for the pistol manufacture Rost Martin out of Dallas, TX. The person that introduced me was a trusted source, and freelance money is nice. right?!

.........Well, I have take a liking to this little gun for the value and features it has. The folks at Rost Martin have listened to the people and produced what I think is a FANTASTIC entry level, conceal carry gun, providing all the features of some of the premium aftermarket 9mm's out there, without the barrier to entry on price point.

+ Optic Ready, RMR Plate Included + Flat-Faced Trigger with Index Hook + 4” Hammer-Forged Match Barrel + Flared Magazine Well + Undercut Trigger-Guard + Fully ambidextrous + Modular Backstraps (3 sizes).....17 rnd mag and 15 rnd mag included.

I gain nothing from posting this...other than trying to meet my 10 post newbie quota... and actually posting something I think you folks might like to dissect and critique but also investigate and check out!

PRICE IS MSRP $459

upon google search they have some great reviews from notable people in the game so don't take my word for it, just being the messenger! thanks folks!

if anything you can critique my photos... 😁 (they are just ecomm website photos.)

thanks for checking out!

RM1C_FDE_15RND_1.jpg

RM1C_GRY_15RND_1.jpg

RM1C_RMR_15RND_1.jpg

RM1C_RMR_17RND_4.jpg

• Like 3

Your photography looks very good. Pics are clean, crisp and show details really well. You do good work. 👍

As for the gun, well, I'm the wrong guy to ask. I favor revolvers and 1911s. To me, this is just another piece of plastic. 🙄

But we gots lots of plastic lovers here. I'm sure they'll be along shortly. 😉

• Like 1

photos look good. Something about it makes it look like an X-Macro, Hellcat, and Glock 19 had some sort of love child.  Always good to see more competition in the market.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

In what way is this pistol superior to the scads of other sub compact 9mms flooding the market right now?

just another option for the 'PEOPLE' to decide that, I think they made some solid choices with the RM1C out of the gate though.

truthfully I haven't fired them much yet, just 1 magazine, because of photo needs, but now I can start to shoot them and really get a feel for it.... my initial opinion is based of ergonomics, fit and feel, craftsmanship.

I'm not suggesting it's "better" than another in the category, but if it works for you, it works for you is my motto.

something else for people to check out.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, FrankD said:

photos look good. Something about it makes it look like an X-Macro, Hellcat, and Glock 19 had some sort of love child.  Always good to see more competition in the market.

thanks! agreed it does have that love child vibe!

3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

In what way is this pistol superior to the scads of other sub compact 9mms flooding the market right now?

It a glock 19 made in the US for $100 less than a glock 19

• Like 2
3 hours ago, peejman said:

It a glock 19 made in the US for $100 less than a glock 19

well stated man!... one of the ad taglines we came up with was "Perfection...without the import tax." 😆 (not using that.. just something that ended up on the cutting room floor of ideas..)

Pics look great. Pistol looks similar to all the "Fantastic Plastics" but has added good features. Me, I am into the SW MP camp at present, and have a brace of them. Also have a Gen 5 mdl 19 Glock and Ruger Max 9. This rounds out my F P pistols so I am not interested to go into another brand at this time. The Price of the R M is right.   

• Like 1
On 7/25/2024 at 6:06 AM, Whisper said:

I'm reading impressive things about this gun, some from sources I respect.  I'm eager to see one in real life.

Cheers,

Whisper

the consensus seems to be very positive of the YouTube reviewer crowd, I agree.

• Like 1
On 7/25/2024 at 6:06 AM, Whisper said:

I'm reading impressive things about this gun, some from sources I respect.  I'm eager to see one in real life.

Cheers,

Whisper

Well, if you are in the Nashville / Franklin area hit me up... I can confidently say I'm probably the only guy in town with them.. all 3 colors. Red dot (RMR) mounted to one of em.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, pop pop said:

KLKR8, are you connected with any of the gun stores in Franklin? 

I have taken these over to OUTPOST ARMORY for some show and tell.

But..... I'm also applying for a home based FFL and should be approved in the next 45-60 days.