Shooting at Kroger in Bartlett at Stage and Bartlett Blvd!!!

Just received a message on my Ring that there has been a shooting at the Kroger in Bartlett at Stage and Bartlett.  Large police presents at the store.  This is the Kroger my family shops at.  It has been getting bad in the day time lately, but when the sun goes down it changes drastically.  At this time looks like one person has been shot.  Will give updates if I hear more.

• Sad 1

Update:  Looks like the person was shot in the Sycamore View area and then drove to the Kroger in Bartlett.  There is a picture that was sent on Ring shows a large police activity at the store.

What little I could find says the victim was shot near Raliegh-LaGrange Rd and Sycamore View. Then drove north about a mile to the Kroger store in Bartlett seeking help.  Bartlett PD found him there.  No other info at this time. 

• Like 1

Technically, the shooting happened in Memphis. The guy ended up in Bartlett looking for help. 

But I'm also fairly familiar with the area where he was shot. A bit run down, but not dangerous that I know of. I'm surprised. 

I'm guessing the victim is OK and all is well.  If he were dead it would be all over the news. 🙄

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 1

Exit 12 from I-40 onto to Sycamore View looked the worst I have ever seen it. Derelicts, panhandlers sitting around the medians and sidewalks.  Some questionable characters jaywalking.  I didn’t drive down towards the penal farm I really didn’t want to see it. 
My mom’s old neighborhood was not too bad but of course it’s nothing like it used to be. 

1 hour ago, TennesseeCamper said:

Exit 12 from I-40 onto to Sycamore View looked the worst I have ever seen it. Derelicts, panhandlers sitting around the medians and sidewalks.  Some questionable characters jaywalking.  I didn’t drive down towards the penal farm I really didn’t want to see it. 
My mom’s old neighborhood was not too bad but of course it’s nothing like it used to be. 

Sycamore View/Macon/40/Shelby Oaks area is crackhead alley.  There are several hotels in the area that are action packed.  I’m surprised Bass Pro Shops is still there.  

• Sad 1

The shooting happened a couple of miles north of there in what appears to be a residential area. I haven't been able to find any more info on it. I'm guessing it was a domestic dispute that got out of hand, but no one died. The news seems to have completely lost interest. 🙄

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, deerslayer said:

Sycamore View/Macon/40/Shelby Oaks area is crackhead alley.  There are several hotels in the area that are action packed.  I’m surprised Bass Pro Shops is still there.  

I figured as much.  
One of my older brothers worked at that bass pro for years, part time as his retirement job. He just wanted to stay busy after he retired. My head was always on a swivel going in and out of there.  They always had the MPD camera surveillance thing going. 

7 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

The shooting happened a couple of miles north of there in what appears to be a residential area. I haven't been able to find any more info on it. I'm guessing it was a domestic dispute that got out of hand, but no one died. The news seems to have completely lost interest. 🙄

A couple miles north of there ain’t much better.  I used to spend a lot of time at work around Sycamore View/Raleigh Lagrange and had a couple guns pulled on me in a two or three year span.