Shooting at Trump rally?

Message added by Chucktshoes,

From here on forward, let’s refrain from making denigrating statements like “your TDS is showing.” or “MAGA is a cult!” It doesn’t further any actual conversation or understanding. It only hardens battle lines. Appreciate in advance the cooperation. 

3 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I would like an exact count on how much brass was found with Crooks.  

Never gonna happen....SS would have to get on that dangerous slopped roof......🙄

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, btq96r said:

Things have gotten so weird...AOC had a coherent and logical question in relation to ARs and the Trump assassination attempt for the Secret Service director this morning.

Legitimate and relevant question posed in typical gun grabber fashion. Any good rifleman with a quality .22 target rifle was in range. Note she threw in used in most mass shootings. She's trying to make good on the Lame Duck's promise.

23 minutes ago, papa61 said:

Legitimate and relevant question posed in typical gun grabber fashion. Any good rifleman with a quality .22 target rifle was in range. Note she threw in used in most mass shootings. She's trying to make good on the Lame Duck's promise.

I can see the "used in most mass shootings" part as irksome, but it didn't tint the tone of the question in any kind of gun grabbing way.  She straight up acknowledged the popularity of ARs and asked why the secret service isn't pushing their security perimeter to account for the range of the weapon.  The secret service should have to answer to that.

• Like 3

The secret service director did something amazing yesterday...she united the two party leaders on the most partisan, made for TV sparing committee in Congress with calls for her resignation.  You can probably count on one hand the number of times these two had co-signed a letter as Chairman and Ranking Member for something related to actual government oversight and accountability, and this being an election year no-less.

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2024/07/2024-07-22.Comer-Raskin-to-Director-Cheatle-re.-Cheatle-Resignation-Letter.pdf

Seriously, the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability is functionally nothing more than a political debate show if Fox News and MSNBC had to co-produce one.  Look at the members on each side and tell me I'm wrong.  For them to actually come together and issue a statement like this is wild, but well needed given all that happened.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Congress gets to shoot their mouths off for the TV cameras, Cheatle will be sacrificed as the scape goat and then the whole incident will quietly fade out of the news cycle. Meanwhile, the truth and any actual facts will be buried away while internet conspiracy theorist argue how many shooters, where the shots came from, etc and so on for the next 50 years. And in the end, nothing will change. 

Basically, just another standard government cover up. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Omega...

RE.  Encrypted bank accounts...

Very interesting stuff.  At this point, I'm able to entertain most anything from criminal incompetence to collusion; to the " Manchurian Candidate " to outside " Hit Man " bought by anybody... Antifa, the DNC, or the Star Trek Klingons...

All this smells to high heavens.

Thanks for posting this.

leroy...

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Omega said:

What do guys think, this guy have any merit?

I've never heard of this this guy until today, but I have two questions.

1) What is an "encrypted oversea bank account"? All banks use encryption in some form or fashion, does that make your bank account an encrypted bank account?

2) If 4.5 million dollars were involved, right not at least front him the money for a high caliber rifle with a scope?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

I've never heard of this this guy until today, but I have two questions.

1) What is an "encrypted oversea bank account"? All banks use encryption in some form or fashion, does that make your bank account an encrypted bank account?

2) If 4.5 million dollars were involved, right not at least front him the money for a high caliber rifle with a scope?

Yeah, hadn't heard of him either.  But the FBI certainly announced there were 3 encrypted accounts and he says he gets his information from either FBI sources or FBI FOIA requests.  I wonder if they mean crypto?  It's supposed to be anonymous with digital crypto keys.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Omega said:

Yeah, hadn't heard of him either.  But the FBI certainly announced there were 3 encrypted accounts and he says he gets his information from either FBI sources or FBI FOIA requests.  I wonder if they mean crypto?  It's supposed to be anonymous with digital crypto keys.

When I heard "encrypted accounts" my first thought was email, but I also didn't dig too much into it. Were they inferred to be financial accounts? I just figured he signed up for a Proton account or two but it was being spun into some sort of big deal.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Omega said:

If it was crypto, it depends. If he downloaded a local program to generate a wallet and download the blockchain, that should in general be completely anonymous but if they have access to his computer equipment then they'd have access to his wallet, if he didn't properly secure it with a great password.

An online exchange is essentially a third party promising you that they'll keep you wallet (and thus the crypto in it) safe. If it was one of the online exchanges, I figure those things grant you anonymity about like walking into the DMV for fingerprinting and a photo. Most of the online exchanges require you to submit some form of ID to prevent fraud. And as such, if it is an online exchange, I imagine those are subject to legal requests.

14 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

When I heard "encrypted accounts" my first thought was email, but I also didn't dig too much into it. Were they inferred to be financial accounts? I just figured he signed up for a Proton account or two but it was being spun into some sort of big deal.

Yea, comms was my first guess.  They did get into his phone and probably his computers, though I don't recall if they reported on the PCs.