Shooting at Trump rally?

Message added by Chucktshoes,

From here on forward, let’s refrain from making denigrating statements like “your TDS is showing.” or “MAGA is a cult!” It doesn’t further any actual conversation or understanding. It only hardens battle lines. Appreciate in advance the cooperation. 

9 hours ago, Links2k said:

Holy hell, they saw the guy on the roof 20 minutes earlier?  Had the SS been drinking all day?  The Iranians are probably drooling. 

Edited by deerslayer
10 hours ago, Links2k said:

Seems every one of the leaders for security forces is making excuses and deflecting blame. If this report is correct, the entire scenario is unacceptable. I'd have several people's a$$e$ hung out to dry. Charges of criminal negligence seem to be in order but DOJ are the only ones able to do it and we know where that will go.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, papa61 said:

Charges of criminal negligence seem to be in order but DOJ are the only ones able to do it and we know where that will go.

Into more DEI training? 😏

Deflect Evade Imitate.....heads won't roll on this, it will be talked to death but I see no real results coming. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 5

SS Director Cheadle gave the brushoff to senators' questions at the RNC convention, but she had time for a sitdown with  ABC News.  Maybe she's thinking of changing careers.  

3 hours ago, gun sane said:

SS Director Cheadle gave the brushoff to senators' questions at the RNC convention, but she had time for a sitdown with  ABC News.  Maybe she's thinking of changing careers.  

Why would she even be at the RNC?  Is that a normal posting or protocol for the SS Director?

Edited by Garufa
15 hours ago, Snaveba said:

What is it you do again Omega……

I work for the 160th Special Operations Regiment, currently their Fuel Manager, but also help with ordering gear for the troops, colocated with the issue section.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Omega said:

I work for the 160th Special Operations Regiment, currently their Fuel Manager, but also help with ordering gear for the troops, colocated with the issue section.

“Night Stalkers”

• Like 2
10 hours ago, papa61 said:

Seems every one of the leaders for security forces is making excuses and deflecting blame. If this report is correct, the entire scenario is unacceptable. I'd have several people's a$$e$ hung out to dry. Charges of criminal negligence seem to be in order but DOJ are the only ones able to do it and we know where that will go.

But no asses will be hung out, and nobody will be held accountable until Orange Hitler takes office. It's the main reason why they don't want him.

Not to be funny or get off the subject but today I visited a favorite pawn shop of mine that is also a gun shop. They just got in a new , brand new rifle that the manager pulled out of the box and opened in front of me and showed me. It was a Sig Sauer rifle with the picture of Trump holding his fist just after he'd been shot ! LOL . I swear I would have seen a T-shirt printed with it before a rifle LOL But no , it was a rifle ! LOL . This incident just happened a few days ago ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
39 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

Not to be funny or get off the subject but today I visited a favorite pawn shop of mine that is also a gun shop. They just got in a new , brand new rifle that the manager pulled out of the box and opened in front of me and showed me. It was a Sig Sauer rifle with the picture of Trump holding his fist just after he'd been shot ! LOL . I swear I would have seen a T-shirt printed with it before a rifle LOL But no , it was a rifle ! LOL . This incident just happened a few days ago ! 

Price?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, RED333 said:

Price?

I know the owner of the shop and he just opened the cardboard box to show me. I never asked him because I don't care for Sig firearms , plus I didn't want to put him on the spot in front of his other customers who had gathered around us starring at it. 

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Links2k said:

I just rewatched and caught the part about them seeing Crooks with rangefinder 42 mins before the shooting and SS spotted him on the roof 20 mins before the shooting. Jeez, folks wonder how conspiracy theories start, that's how, right there.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, tercel89 said:

I swear I would have seen a T-shirt printed with it before a rifle LOL But no , it was a rifle ! LOL . This incident just happened a few days ago ! 

My tshirt was here by Tuesday.

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, BigK said:

I just rewatched and caught the part about them seeing Crooks with rangefinder 42 mins before the shooting and SS spotted him on the roof 20 mins before the shooting. Jeez, folks wonder how conspiracy theories start, that's how, right there.

Some theories about the shutter speed required to capture a bullet in flight as well. Like, why is professional photographer using a high speed setting for a guy standing still at a podium?

4 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

Some theories about the shutter speed required to capture a bullet in flight as well. Like, why is professional photographer using a high speed setting for a guy standing still at a podium?

Yea, some people. SMDH

• Wow 1

It was mentioned the potential assassin had photos and scheduled appearances of both Trump and Biden.  Maybe the attempt on Trump was a matter of convenience.  Just speculation on my part. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, Links2k said:

It was mentioned the potential assassin had photos and scheduled appearances of both Trump and Biden.  Maybe the attempt on Trump was a matter of convenience.  Just speculation on my part. 

This is the direction I’ve come to lean. More and more it is appearing that he was a run of the mill wacko who was looking to go out with a real bang. 

“school shootings are passé. Now assassinations, those are exciting!”

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

This is the direction I’ve come to lean. More and more it is appearing that he was a run of the mill wacko who was looking to go out with a real bang. 

“school shootings are passé. Now assassinations, those are exciting!”

That’s scary, but does not surprise me.  If a shooter is in any way a martyr for the cause of gun control, shooting politicians instead of children may have a bigger effect on policy. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
10 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

I have a lot of photography experience and I've been thinking about that aspect of this.

I'm going to look into it and see what I can determine.

• Moderators

I tried finding the metadata for the publicly available image but it was stripped before publishing. Do not be alarmed, this is very common for photographers to do when exporting from Lightroom/Photoshop. I wouldn't assume that the lack of detailed exposure settings means anything is at food.

So, I'll assume that depending on aperture and ISO the shutter speed (the only thing that matters when it comes to blur) was probably 1/250 to 1/1000. So that means the shutter was open for somewhere between 1/250th of a second all the way down to 1/1000th of a second.

What a 5.56mm velocity? It depends. Lets say 3000fps, that's feet per second. However, we don't have the shutter open for a full second, we have a mere fraction of that.

1/250 = .004

1/1000 =.001

Proportionally, (assuming that the change of the speed of the bullet is constant and does not slow within the first 1/1000th of a second), we have.

1/3000 = .004/x

12' bullet travel at 1/250 shutter speed

1/3000 =.001/x

3' bullet travel at 1/1000 shutter speed

If the shutter speed was half of 1/1000 (it would be 1/2000) you'd have roughly 1.5' of travel. That's approximately what you have in that photo, give or take a foot.

So depending on the details, it is entirely possible that the bullet was captured. Newer cameras, depending on mechanical vs. electronic shutter, can shoot a constant 30fps. I think some of the Sony cameras can do maybe twice that with an electronic shutter.

It's a sunny day, you have lots of sunlight available. Assuming a decently fast aperture or a heightened ISO, I could completely see myself shooting 1/500 to 1/2000 shutter speed. It's the ex-POTUS, so a press photographer likely "sprays and preys" with his camera in hopes of getting a moneymaker.

With my photography background I'm going to claim it is entirely possible he did capture a bullet on that photo. I can setup a GoFundMe if you all want me to test it 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1