Shooting at Trump rally?

Message added by Chucktshoes,

From here on forward, let’s refrain from making denigrating statements like “your TDS is showing.” or “MAGA is a cult!” It doesn’t further any actual conversation or understanding. It only hardens battle lines. Appreciate in advance the cooperation. 

This in InfoWars this morning. I take everything I see there with two grains of salt, but I think this is legitimate. I bolded the final paragraph:

Jenna Howell of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), complained on Facebook using a meme that Thomas Matthew Crooks, the 20-year-old Pennsylvania Republican who reportedly tried to assassinate Trump at a rally in Butler, Penn., failed to strike the former president’s head rather than just his upper ear.

“Awwww so close,” reads a meme shared by Howell depicting the grim reaper playing an arcade game in which a claw drops a toy made in the image of Trump – see below:

Howell works in the FBI’s NICS firearms background check unit, by the way. She holds top secret clearance and is an outspoken opponent of the Second Amendment.

• Wow 1
  • Angry 4
  • Dislike 1
2 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Well I would say gun-toting, 2A affirming, pro-choice, pro-equality, pro fiscal responsibility, pro tax the 1%, pro teaching all history, pro there are only two genders, pro FREEDOM of religion and from religion  (including freedom from religion in government). Makes me pretty much damn square near the middle. (maybe leaning a little left).

Fiscal Conservative, Socially Liberal , Uber-Moderate.  Leave me alone to live my life as I want to and I will leave you alone to live your life as you want to.  

Awesome! But that's not what the Democrats try to send to the white house.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Snaveba said:

I listen to him not really the news. I’ll listen to what he says, and how he says things. I’ll listen to the rhetoric he uses, the divisive words, the ugly things he says, and that is what makes me not like him. He is not Presidential. He is not a nice man and I really don’t think he gives two cares about working people. if you really cared, he would not have run for president. He said “oh I only ran because Joe Biden‘s running”. He could’ve also supported a really good young slightly more progressive candidate who would very likely win, but that’s not what he wants. he wants to win, he wants the power . 

We could argue policy forever, and that's fine. We could also discuss social graces. I get it.

There are two things Trump has done for us that would be hard to dispute by anyone honest.

1) He made the Supreme Court have a majority of judges who can actually read and accurately discern our constitution.

2) He has shined a giant spotlight on just how slimy and scandalous D.C. politicians really are. I suspected it before Trump, but not it is crystal clear.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
9 hours ago, Omega said:

No, but pushing DEI instead of the best qualified gets you those that let things like that slide by, and I am not convinced that this was not allowed to happen.  One, maybe two coincidences, while I'd be skeptical, I may let slide as possible, but way too many things just don't add up.  Replacing his team, planning two events, one other in PA, denying air coverage, MSM covering this live for first time in a long time, and then the entire lapse of security, slow response, not taking him off the stage, not putting a team at the water tower, which seems to be above the treeline and definitely taller than the building the shooter used.  

FB_IMG_1721063563994-3267432.jpg

FB_IMG_1721063550333-3267429.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • Angry 3
1 hour ago, Omega said:

You're talking about Trump right?  Your entire statement fits Biden 100%.  This makes me believe you would of rather had Hillary, which we would have had if not for Trump in 16', and look what we got in 20'.  Take the blinders off and stop letting your feels interfere with your brain, Trump may be rough around the edges but his 16' presidency was great policy wise and expect a better one in 25'.

I guess it’s fits both candidates to some extent. and I suppose it’s also the side you are looking from. Either side can argue that the other is just the same. Maybe Trump is just more open about his intentions. Both want the power. Biden said in 2020 that he was a “bridge” to younger politicians. Trump said recently he would rather be hanging out at one of his country clubs than running for president . Both could have stepped aside for younger candidates. Neither have their party that option.  Both want the power. 

In the long game, neither will be here in 2028, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. (But it’s probably just the headlight of the runaway train of “new” candidates about to run us down)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Well I would say gun-toting, 2A affirming, pro-choice, pro-equality, pro fiscal responsibility, pro tax the 1%, pro teaching all history, pro there are only two genders, pro FREEDOM of religion and from religion  (including freedom from religion in government). Makes me pretty much damn square near the middle. (maybe leaning a little left).

Fiscal Conservative, Socially Liberal , Uber-Moderate.  Leave me alone to live my life as I want to and I will leave you alone to live your life as you want to.  

Well, a true progressive would call you a right wing extremist. 🙂 You don't have any of the crazy stuff.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

What is DEI?

Diversity Equity Inclusion

these programs are based on the idea that a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace will result in better outcomes for businesses and policy. In theory it’s a very innocuous sounding and positive idea.  In reality, they are built on social Marxism and anti-white racism. it’s basically affirmative action on steroids and grifters like Ibram X Kendi and Robin D’Angelo make bank on their corporate and governmental agency workshops, pushing the BS. It’s also the reason universities have gone completely insane and companies like Disney can’t put out a quality product to save their life.

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
3 minutes ago, Darrell said:

For what it's worth, I saw a male SS agent that initially froze when the shots rang out. It points to a bigger problem than just female agents. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I'm beginning to wonder. So many obvious dumb mistakes, changing members of Trump's security detail at the last minute when they had been warned of a valid threat, failure to notice the guy with a gun. Its almost as if they weren't really concerned with protecting Trump. 

Is anybody else thinking this or am I just nuts? 

I roll my eyes at pretty much every conspiracy theory I hear, but there’s just too much wrong here.  I don’t think Crooks was sent by the Iranians, but maybe SS has become a bunch of crackheads, maybe the DEI chickens came home to roost, or maybe lapses in security were intentional.  Or maybe all of the above.  The people currently in charge have above and beyond hatred for Trump and I can’t ignore any possible explanation at this point.  Some 20 year old dork making the world’s premier executive protection outfit look like the Three Stooges on live tv just doesn’t add up.  

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

For what it's worth, I saw a male SS agent that initially froze when the shots rang out. It points to a bigger problem than just female agents. 

😲 How dare you assume them/their gender based on how they look. WTF is wrong with you ? Are you one of those white males ? 🙄

See how easy it works 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
5 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

It's been discussed on here many times before. You never know how someone will react to gunfire until it happens. I don't know how you would test them in advance.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

What is DEI?

I'm going to take a different approach. "It depends who you ask"

What it should be: Equality across all races, lifestyles, genders, beliefs. Best person for the job/role. Ensuring that people are represented to include their life perspective.

What it is:  Virtue signaling for clout and business news letters to avoid public ridicule and effecting profit margins

• Like 7
9 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I'm beginning to wonder. So many obvious dumb mistakes, changing members of Trump's security detail at the last minute when they had been warned of a valid threat, failure to notice the guy with a gun. Its almost as if they weren't really concerned with protecting Trump. 

Is anybody else thinking this or am I just nuts? 

I can't blame people for asking hard questions when they are promised transparency and all that's coughed up are a bunch of lame excuses.  And it's not called the Secret Service for nothing.  

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, AuEagle said:

secret service biggest baddest agency slightly sloped roof

How in the heck are we supposed to get up there??

If only someone would invent:
•    A scissor lift, crane or a cherry picker
•    One of those stands they use for the announcers at golf tournaments
•    A DRONE!!!
•    long stick with a camera

Edited by NoBanStan
1 hour ago, NoBanStan said:

I'm going to take a different approach. "It depends who you ask"

What it should be: Equality across all races, lifestyles, genders, beliefs. Best person for the job/role. Ensuring that people are represented to include their life perspective.

What it is:  Virtue signaling for clout and business news letters to avoid public ridicule and effecting profit margins

Organic DEI works great when correctly harnessed.  Look at any army unit and you'll see what DEI is and should be.  Different backgrounds, experiences, and processes of thought working for a common goal tends to bring out innovative and adaptive solutions.

Forced DEI for metrics or optics is where we have problems.  I'm all for striving to achieve it, making sure it's not prevented, even if you select diversity as a deal breaker between two or more candidates who clear the requirements.  But when you force it as an absolute requirement over standards, it's a liability, not a positive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2
22 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Organic DEI works great when correctly harnessed.  Look at any army unit and you'll see what DEI is and should be.  Different backgrounds, experiences, and processes of thought working for a common goal tends to bring out innovative and adaptive solutions.

Forced DEI for metrics or optics is where we have problems.  I'm all for striving to achieve it, making sure it's not prevented, even if you select diversity as a deal breaker between two or more candidates who clear the requirements.  But when you force it as an absolute requirement over standards, it's a liability, not a positive.

What is the problem with hiring the most qualified candidate?

• Thanks 3