Shooting at Trump rally?

Message added by Chucktshoes,

From here on forward, let’s refrain from making denigrating statements like “your TDS is showing.” or “MAGA is a cult!” It doesn’t further any actual conversation or understanding. It only hardens battle lines. Appreciate in advance the cooperation. 

8 minutes ago, btq96r said:

I'm fine with her getting fired because of this stupid statement, and in general because she hasn't shown the urgency needed to address the shortcoming.  Improper response is worse than the mistake in my book.  She's not making me think there is a basic understanding of the gravity in this situation, just some wagon circling.

But let's not pretend it was her job to do site security that day.  The levels of failure start at whoever left a wide open rooftop like they did and up a few more levels.

No. But it's her job to resolve it and fast. Pointy roof = fire her ass. It would be the same if it was Biden or Kackamala. The SS needs to provide absolute protection for those folks... period.

31 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Somebody else mentioned, and I didn’t think about it at first, but these guys were best friends for decades. He threw him under the bus quick to save his own ass.

Effin weak. 

I wish all of you to have better friends in your life than Jack Black. 

Not many of us are in the public eye with careers depending on an idiot.  And we have no idea what their relationship is after this.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, btq96r said:

I'm fine with her getting fired because of this stupid statement, and in general because she hasn't shown the urgency needed to address the shortcoming.  Improper response is worse than the mistake in my book.  She's not making me think there is a basic understanding of the gravity in this situation, just some wagon circling.

But let's not pretend it was her job to do site security that day.  The levels of failure start at whoever left a wide open rooftop like they did and up a few more levels.

No, but pushing DEI instead of the best qualified gets you those that let things like that slide by, and I am not convinced that this was not allowed to happen.  One, maybe two coincidences, while I'd be skeptical, I may let slide as possible, but way too many things just don't add up.  Replacing his team, planning two events, one other in PA, denying air coverage, MSM covering this live for first time in a long time, and then the entire lapse of security, slow response, not taking him off the stage, not putting a team at the water tower, which seems to be above the treeline and definitely taller than the building the shooter used.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

A lot of folks have been badmouthing Jack Black for the comments his band mate Kyle Gass made about "next time don't miss". As a result, Black has broken off his relationship with Gass and canceled the rest of their tour. 

Black may be a liberal, but he ain't a fool. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/tenacious-d-cancel-tour-jack-black-kyle-gass-donald-trump-joke-1235061226/

I think that's what a lot on the left really think. They are sorry he missed. Only a few would say it out loud.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I would love for Trump to not be the Republican nominee. That being said, I also don’t wish him dead at the hands of an assassin. I do think a republican president can get much accomplished that will benefit the USA. But I just feel deep in my core that Trump is not the right person. He is to decisive, too antagonistic, to petty, and too vindictive.  I will worry his entire presidency that what his mind is really on is revenge and self serving policy. 

if the Republican Party could put forth a more moderate candidate that could work with the more moderate democrats, we might get crap done. 

• Like 2
Just now, Snaveba said:

I would love for Trump to not be the Republican nominee. That being said, I also don’t wish him dead at the hands of an assassin. I do think a republican president can get much accomplished that will benefit the USA. But I just feel deep in my core that Trump is not the right person. He is to decisive, too antagonistic, to petty, and too vindictive.  I will worry his entire presidency that what his mind is really on is revenge and self serving policy. 

if the Republican Party could put forth a more moderate candidate that could work with the more moderate democrats, we might get crap done. 

Did he show that during his first term?  Seems he accomplished quite a bit even though he had the entire establishment against him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, A.J. Holst said:

I've been prowling about the internet and I am distressed over (what appears to be to me) the naked wickedness of man.

One group of folks had a burst of joy that someone tried to murder another human being whom they hated.

Another group was satisfied; didn't exactly want another human being murdered, but he sure as heck got his comeuppance.

A few more, down right disappointed that another human being was not murdered or at least, horribly maimed and comatose.

That's a lot of hate and pretty harsh retaliation towards someone you simply don't know, you don't like and you don't trust.

Yep.  I heard on the way home that 20% of Americans believe the shooting was staged and 31% believe that it was Trump’s own fault.  All this talk of unity is nonsense.  

• Like 1

anyone caught the media starting to repeat the same things yet on both sides of the isle?

"lowering the temperature"
"avoid dangerous rhetoric"

Gotta control those sheeple by repeating that phrase over and over relentlessly

2 hours ago, Garufa said:

Not many of us are in the public eye with careers depending on an idiot.  And we have no idea what their relationship is after this.

I wouldn’t want to be any kind of entertainer for any amount of money.  You have to make lots of money to take of yourself and your team. They’re constantly under scrutiny, and success is hit or miss. Too much stress, unless you get lucky and become a superstar, and that brings a new set of problems.  I’m not a lover of money, so it’s an easy pass for me. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Uh, because the whole thing was intentional maybe?

I'm beginning to wonder. So many obvious dumb mistakes, changing members of Trump's security detail at the last minute when they had been warned of a valid threat, failure to notice the guy with a gun. Its almost as if they weren't really concerned with protecting Trump. 

Is anybody else thinking this or am I just nuts? 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

I'm beginning to wonder. So many obvious dumb mistakes, changing members of Trump's security detail at the last minute when they had been warned of a valid threat, failure to notice the guy with a gun. Its almost as if they weren't really concerned with protecting Trump. 

Is anybody else thinking this or am I just nuts? 

Almost everybody is thinking that

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Replace Trump with Biden in your statement and that's how I feel about the Democrats.

Why can't the Democrats put up less progressive people so we can get stuff done?

It's because nobody is really in the middle anymore.  On either side.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

Replace Trump with Biden in your statement and that's how I feel about the Democrats.

Why can't the Democrats put up less progressive people so we can get stuff done?

It's because nobody is really in the middle anymore.  On either side.

Well I would say gun-toting, 2A affirming, pro-choice, pro-equality, pro fiscal responsibility, pro tax the 1%, pro teaching all history, pro there are only two genders, pro FREEDOM of religion and from religion  (including freedom from religion in government). Makes me pretty much damn square near the middle. (maybe leaning a little left).

Fiscal Conservative, Socially Liberal , Uber-Moderate.  Leave me alone to live my life as I want to and I will leave you alone to live your life as you want to.  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Listen to what the man says and watch what he does, or attempts to do; not what the media tells you about him. I expect you’ll be surprised.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If Trump wins, and after the events of this weekend, I believe his chances having increased, I hope he can put aside his pettiness in his vengefulness that he is known for, and he can lead our country and work with Democrats, without the rhetoric and the divisiveness that we saw in his first term.I know and recognize he got some things done in his first term, so I’m not convinced it will be a train wreck, but he will have to prove me wrong. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Listen to what the man says and watch what he does, or attempts to do; not what the media tells you about him. I expect you’ll be surprised.

I listen to him not really the news. I’ll listen to what he says, and how he says things. I’ll listen to the rhetoric he uses, the divisive words, the ugly things he says, and that is what makes me not like him. He is not Presidential. He is not a nice man and I really don’t think he gives two cares about working people. if you really cared, he would not have run for president. He said “oh I only ran because Joe Biden‘s running”. He could’ve also supported a really good young slightly more progressive candidate who would very likely win, but that’s not what he wants. he wants to win, he wants the power . 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

I listen to him not really the news. I’ll listen to what he says, and how he says things. I’ll listen to the rhetoric he uses, the divisive words, the ugly things he says, and that is what makes me not like him. He is not Presidential. He is not a nice man and I really don’t think he gives two cares about working people. if you really cared, he would not have run for president. He said “oh I only ran because Joe Biden‘s running”. He could’ve also supported a really good young slightly more progressive candidate who would very likely win, but that’s not what he wants. he wants to win, he wants the power . 

You're talking about Trump right?  Your entire statement fits Biden 100%.  This makes me believe you would of rather had Hillary, which we would have had if not for Trump in 16', and look what we got in 20'.  Take the blinders off and stop letting your feels interfere with your brain, Trump may be rough around the edges but his 16' presidency was great policy wise and expect a better one in 25'.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
10 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Somebody else mentioned, and I didn’t think about it at first, but these guys were best friends for decades. He threw him under the bus quick to save his own ass.

Effin weak. 

I wish all of you to have better friends in your life than Jack Black. 

I don't think he walks away unscathed.

• Like 2