Shooting at Trump rally?

Message added by Chucktshoes,

From here on forward, let’s refrain from making denigrating statements like “your TDS is showing.” or “MAGA is a cult!” It doesn’t further any actual conversation or understanding. It only hardens battle lines. Appreciate in advance the cooperation. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Based upon the majority of comments read there, Trump has already been elevated to the status of deity. 

I'm struggling to think of anything I've read from the most ardent Trump supporters that suggests they think he can turn water into wine. 

What I can think of are many cases of people simply pinning their hopes on Trump as the candidate who most closely seems to represent their personal values, or as being the candidate most likely to bring some stability or restoration to the economy, secure the borders, bring important manufacturing capacity back to the United States, and project enough power globally so that America, Americans, and American interests are safer than they have been in a long while.

Are those the things that you think makes him some sort of god-like deity to his supporters?   Because, man, if so... most Democrats think the exact same things about their candidates of choice.

Well, except for the stuff about a stronger America.  Democrats don't seem to care much about that as far as I've seen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Erik88 said:

RDT_20240531_2240045088021151756460836~2.jpg

Hey, if we're going to start trotting out each other's lunatics, I'm going to need to add more storage capacity to TGO's infrastructure for all of the posts and pictures.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I'm struggling to think of anything I've read from the most ardent Trump supporters that suggests they think he can turn water into wine. 

What I can think of are many cases of people simply pinning their hopes on Trump as the candidate who most closely seems to represent their personal values, or as being the candidate most likely to bring some stability or restoration to the economy, secure the borders, bring important manufacturing capacity back to the United States, and project enough power globally so that America, Americans, and American interests are safer than they have been in a long while.

Are those the things that you think makes him some sort of god-like deity to his supporters?   

All of the things you mentioned would outstanding, if Trump can achieve them. While he’s at it, I’d like him to push unity among Americans. Because Americans disagree on who should lead the nation, doesn’t mean we need to hate one another. There are billions of people outside of our borders already doing that.

Deity may or may not be a stretch. I formed that opinion based upon reading many thousands of comments during live streams. 

Also, a stronger America, is an inclusive America. 

Edited by Links2k
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, ianb said:

Good question. I'll play...

First I'll say that I really have no idea why the shooter missed Trump but I'll offer some possibilities. 

Could have been divine intervention. Maybe God directly intervened for the good of the country. 

Could have been blind dumb luck. 

Could have been Satan jumping in to keep chaos in play. 

Could have been a mosquito biting the shooter 

Could have been the sun in his eyes

Could have been that he was just shooting at Trump's ear. 

Divine intervention is no more or less likely than any of these so we can each choose what to believe. Truth be told, there probably is no cause and effect in play at all.

I'm personally leaning toward the Flying Spaghetti Monster having something to do with it.

As long as there's been faith there's been disbelief.

• Like 2

Trump has a following unlike anything we've ever seen. MAGA is a brand. I can't recall any other politician on either side that generates a reaction like this. There are trump retail stores. 

And anyone who doesn't like him has TDS. 

4 minutes ago, AuEagle said:

I don't see any references to President Trump being a deity, just support for their candidate. 

Pretty weak.

I meant to ask, how's that Dakota handle now? Has to be top heavy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Links2k said:

All of the things you mentioned would outstanding, if Trump can achieve them. While he’s at it, I’d like him to push unity among Americans. Because Americans disagree on who should lead the nation, doesn’t mean we need to hate one another. There are billions of people outside of our borders already doing that.

Deity may or may not be a stretch. I formed that opinion based upon reading many thousands of comments during live streams. 

Maybe some think DJT is appointed but no true Christian would elevate him to deity. Going down that road would make the shooter akin to Judas who was used for God's plan. I can't see Trump as the anti-christ either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Trump has a following unlike anything we've ever seen. MAGA is a brand. I can't recall any other politician on either side that generates a reaction like this. There are trump retail stores. 

And anyone who doesn't like him has TDS. 

Finally, you posted something I agree with...

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

MSNBC and Foxnews reports both slamming the security teams with their "experts". Gumaker stocks rose today. Whether anything will become of either remains to be seen.

12 minutes ago, Links2k said:

While he’s at it, I’d like him to push unity among Americans. Because Americans disagree on who should lead the nation, doesn’t mean we need to hate one another. There are billions of people outside of our borders already doing that.

I can get behind this. I don't mean compromising on beliefs either, because there are some conservative stances I don't want to bend on (2A being the obvious since we're on TGO). But we need to find some way for either party to agree that America must remain united and strong. Sounds easy right?

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, papa61 said:

Maybe some think DJT is appointed but no true Christian would elevate him to deity. Going down that road would make the shooter akin to Judas who was used for God's plan. I can't see Trump as the anti-christ either.

This 100%. The guy puts on pants just like i do every day.

Another strong point I will make is that he's not claiming deity either. I'm of a mind that if he did, he would see a MASSIVE drop in popularity. The biggest drop anyone has ever seen..... (see what i did there?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, papa61 said:

poor marksmanship. At under 300 yards it was a layup for anyone with any knowledge of how to shoot a rifle. 300 meters is a doable headshot. If your target is moving, center of mass, aim small miss small. Snipers are trained at much longer ranges, this was battlefield close.

I missed a ground hog from 30 yards. It could have been many different things. Still do not know how i missed that little guy. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

I can get behind this. I don't mean compromising on beliefs either, because there are some conservative stances I don't want to bend on (2A being the obvious since we're on TGO). But we need to find some way for either party to agree that America must remain united and strong. Sounds easy right?

I think the politicians and main stream media are equally to blame for this predicament. They foment the vitriol as if pitting us against one another is the only way they can achieve their goals. We should be even more afraid of why they don't want unity than we are of the lack of it.

EDIT: Even though I'm well aware of this fact, I fall for it all the time.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, BigK said:

I think the politicians and main stream media are equally to blame for this predicament. They foment the vitriol as if pitting us against one another is the only way they can achieve their goals. We should be even more afraid of why they don't want unity than we are of the lack of it.

EDIT: Even though I'm well aware of this fact, I fall for it all the time.

I have to agree, division benefits both parties though I believe one more than the other. I also believe on side promotes it more.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, 45guy said:

I missed a ground hog from 30 yards. It could have been many different things. Still do not know how i missed that little guy. 

My cousin tells that story better. No offense intended. He carried a 1911 around the farm, his yearling bull saw him jump around the corner of the barn, pull said 1911 and shoot in his general direction. They found the bull 4 fences away, he jumped them all. 

If it makes you feel better, he missed and groundhog is a smaller quicker target. Also, bet you weren't prone from elevated position.

Edited by papa61
  • Administrator
39 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Oh, man... there's the problem right there.  And I say this as being someone who makes the same error all the time!

The problem is you're reading what the whackadoodles on livestreams and social media are saying.  😄 

I've sworn off Facebook so many times now because I find myself reading something incredibly asinine and thinking, "I wonder if this person is as much of a dip#### as what they just wrote leads me to believe."

And then I click their profile, read a few more things, see family photos where everyone's eyes are spaced just a little too far apart if you know what I mean.

Before I know it, my assumptions are confirmed and everyone's a dumbass, the whole human race is a miserable mistake, and I'm just ready for a giant meteor to crash into earth and end it all.

Don't pay attention to the comments on live streams.  Those are lonely weirdos whose own families won't even talk to them anymore.  😄 

36 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I suspect their customer bases are 10% true fanboys and 90% people who just like stirring up liberals.

Businesses who sell #### for the sole sake of antagonizing people you don't like always make big money.  🙂 

• Like 4

My hope is that this will help all realize the impact the divisive and inflammatory rhetoric is having, and maybe some grown-ups will appear. That would be the real miracle. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I suspect their customer bases are 10% true fanboys and 90% people who just like stirring up liberals.

Businesses who sell #### for the sole sake of antagonizing people you don't like always make big money. 

I knew there was Trump merch, didn't realize there were retail stores. DJT came from business where self promotion was common. this just goes with image over substance I referred to before. He knows that there is no such thing as bad publicity. the mor oyu get your name out the more votes you are liable to get. Why not sell that and make more capitol to produce more publicity. It's marketing genius used by everyone inbusiness.

10 minutes ago, peejman said:

My hope is that this will help all realize the impact the divisive and inflammatory rhetoric is having, and maybe some grown-ups will appear. That would be the real miracle. 

I have hoped that for years.  Saturday’s assassination attempt “miracle” gave me another boost of idealistic hope that maybe the daily barrage of ignorant vitriol spread by politicians, the media, and most importantly, internet halfwits, would subside a bit.

No chance for that.  It’s back to business as usual. 

One day, people are going to sit in ruination and ask “What happened?”  Well, duh.

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, papa61 said:

My cousin tells that story better. No offense intended. He carried a 1911 around the farm, his yearling bull saw him jump around the corner of the barn, pull said 1911 and shoot in his general direction. They found the bull 4 fences away, he jumped them all. 

If it makes you feel better, he missed and groundhog is a smaller quicker target. Also, bet you weren't prone from elevated position.

No but I was using my AR pistol. Almost hate to admit it but its true. I had been after that bugger for a month. I think I was to excited that I thought I had him.  No reason in the world to miss that shot. sigh.

50 minutes ago, papa61 said:

As a grown up I tend to be very hard to offend. I like your cousins story better. My ego is still bruised for missing that shot.  

• Haha 1