Shooting at Trump rally?

Message added by Chucktshoes,

From here on forward, let’s refrain from making denigrating statements like “your TDS is showing.” or “MAGA is a cult!” It doesn’t further any actual conversation or understanding. It only hardens battle lines. Appreciate in advance the cooperation. 

• Moderators
Just now, deerslayer said:

First thing I do when reading an article is see who wrote it. 

That’s a good practice. It helps a great deal in being able to judge, whether or not the source is trying to play to an adversarial framing of the facts, or tickle your ears with what you want to hear.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Biden is calling for calm and lowering the hate. It ain't happening. 

I don't do social media, but I do regularly visit a site that's known  for humor and memes. Its also a popular place for some of the left to post their poop. Especially their hatred for Trump and how evil and dangerous he is. Well, they haven't let up one bit. In fact, its gotten worse.  They're especially zeroing in on the fact that the shooter was a registered republican. They talk about how Trump deserved it, had it coming. I highly suspect that site management is deleting posts suggesting that the shooter shouldn't have missed, but some come real close. The left has grabbed this ball and is running full tilt with it. 💩

So much for the tolerant and peaceful liberals. 🤬 

Local race baiter Tami Sawyer said the shooting was staged.  She is the Democratic nominee for General Sessions Court Clerk.  Be sure to vote in August. 

59 minutes ago, papa61 said:

Let us hope this results in a calmer, more subdued DJT.

Are we talking about the same Donald Trump?  Subdued isn't in his style...especially after he experiences some kind of massive and turbulent event and comes out in a better position.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Local race baiter Tami Sawyer said the shooting was staged.  She is the Democratic nominee for General Sessions Court Clerk.  Be sure to vote in August. 

I already voted early. But not for her. 😉

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I read about others claiming it was staged too. How nuts do you have to be to think anyone would allow someone to shoot your ear from 130 yds away? Shows how illogical and blinded by hate some people can be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, BigK said:

I read about others claiming it was staged too. How nuts do you have to be to think anyone would allow someone to shoot your ear from 130 yds away? Shows how illogical and blinded by hate some people can be.

Yeah Antonio Parkinson (D-Memphis) was pushing the staged theory too.  And Amber Sherman, president of the Young Democrats of Shelby County, said Trump getting shot on her birthday was a gift.  

Not sure anybody’s “we will unite” plan is gonna work.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At the risk of incurring additional personal derision in light of my lack of longevity here, I find no scriptural support for assigning Devine intervention on Trump's behalf, especially at the expense of an innocent bystander. I would appreciate scriptures cited for such claims. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

Nice. 

Jack and his ilk have had a rough 40 hours.  Half are depressed because the assassination attempt will boost Trump and the other half are mad that the guy missed.  Now the docs case gets tossed.  Being a deranged leftist loon ain’t easy nowadays. 

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, TGO David said:

Divine intervention.

I really have a problem with this.  Why would Trump’s life be any more sacred than the father and fireman who was killed by stray fire. Or by the bullet that God made miss Trump. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, ianb said:

At the risk of incurring additional personal derision in light of my lack of longevity here, I find no scriptural support for assigning Devine intervention on Trump's behalf, especially at the expense of an innocent bystander. I would appreciate scriptures cited for such claims. 

Fishing Fail GIF by Conesulfoz

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

While I have openly expressed my feelings about President Trump, I am very grateful to God that he was not killed in this attempt on his life. I am praying for the injured, the dead, and their families. But please, to my brothers and sisters in Christ be very cautious before laying a divine imprint upon the events of Saturday.

If divine providence is absent from the discussion of why a bullet meant to blow Trump's head off missed by a scant few millimeters and only because he turned his head at just the right moment... then the only thing we have left is that he survived purely by coincidence.

I'm not a fan of the idea of coincidence, so I attribute his survival to the idea that it wasn't his time to die yet because God isn't done with him on this earth.

Now, whether that means God is long suffering in his grace and allowed Trump to live another day because there is something keeping him from being "right with God" that still needs to be resolved [read: salvation] or if it means that Trump plays a role in some plan that God has... I don't know and it's not my place to say.  I do not and dare not speak for God on such matters.

But with all of that being said, I think we can agree on the simple fact that our nation will be electing its next president a few months from now and the options that we currently have are to either continue down the extremely disastrous road that we've been on for the last four years, governed by people who outwardly seem to hate our country and everything that it stands for, or we pivot back to Trump - a man who still seems to be the antithesis of that.

A bullet nearly irrevocably changed our options.  The fact that it didn't -- by sheer fluke or coincidence or whatever you want to call it -- feels to me like divine providence.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 10
17 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

I really have a problem with this.  Why would Trump’s life be any more sacred than the father and fireman who was killed by stray fire. Or by the bullet that God made miss Trump. 

The claim of Devine intervention is a causal logical fallacy. The bullet missing Trump and killing an innocent very well may have been God's plan but there's no evidence to support that conclusion. There are other causes that could also have the same result. 

• Haha 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, btq96r said:

Are we talking about the same Donald Trump?  Subdued isn't in his style...especially after he experiences some kind of massive and turbulent event and comes out in a better position.

That's a weird way of saying he survived an assassination attempt.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
44 minutes ago, ianb said:

I stopped trying to explain matters of personal faith to people who aren't genuinely interested in understanding them a long time ago.  Your objective here isn't to understand, it is to argue.  I don't have the time to spare for that, nor the interest.

• Love 4
  • Thanks 7
3 minutes ago, ianb said:

The claim of Devine intervention is a causal logical fallacy. The bullet missing Trump and killing an innocent very well may have been God's plan but there's no evidence to support that conclusion. There are other causes that could also have the same result. 

I think a common misconception is that "something bad happened, so where is God?", asserting that he doesn't exist because things didn't go their way. God is always working, but that doesn't have to mean sunshine and rainbows through all things. The bible details immense amounts of suffering by even the most devout. We were given free will by the creator on high, but that's here, on earth.

God saved a lot of people that day, but didn't save that firefighter/father. Why? I don't know, but God does.  Always working doesn't mean we will always understand the plan. God doesn't owe us an explanation.

That said, I would say its crazy to think that Trump has some personal protection order that prevents death from God himself. He's just a man.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I have not been one to hold the views of the southern preposterous lie center as anything of value in a very long time. Many years ago, they performed a valuable service, but have long since strayed from their original mission.

as far as the article is self goes, the author absolutely has a particular viewpoint that they are trying to push. That’s something one should always be aware of in all media. Still am of the view that there may be data of value to consider here, we shall have a better idea in the fullness of time. 

Lastly, I don’t speak much about my faith because I do not want my weaknesses to push anybody away from drawing close to Christ. In this moment I feel compelled to speak up as a Christian though. Please accept these words with the humility and respect that they are offered.  

It is difficult enough to discern the intentions of man in any individual instance where they are unable to tell them to you. I find it a very risky proposition to ascribe divine motives to any event that cannot be truly tested by scripture. In this particular case, it risks, deifying a mortal man, and putting a divine mandate upon his shoulders.

While I have openly expressed my feelings about President Trump, I am very grateful to God that he was not killed in this attempt on his life. I am praying for the injured, the dead, and their families. But please, to my brothers and sisters in Christ be very cautious before laying a divine imprint upon the events of Saturday.

the Bible tells us it rains on the just and unjust alike. It also says man has a prescribed time to die. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6