Shooting at Trump rally?

Message added by Chucktshoes,

From here on forward, let’s refrain from making denigrating statements like “your TDS is showing.” or “MAGA is a cult!” It doesn’t further any actual conversation or understanding. It only hardens battle lines. Appreciate in advance the cooperation. 

Somewhat off-topic but relevant to the situation. Ammo prices are moving. Just picked up 4k rounds of 9mm range. I expect the panic buying to drive and keep price up for a bit…

I bought some magtech from river town munitions an hour ago and had like 40 bundles in stock. Now 0. They still have S&B for that price but I like the way magtech fits in ammo cans better so I opted for that. 

Have had a lot of visitors this summer and was just plinking yesterday with a friend and said “man I gotta restock”. Then the trump stuff happened and midway and other big players immediately bumped prices. I use these guys, free ship no tax. Hope this helps. 

https://rivertownmunitions.com/product/sellier-and-bellot-sb-9mm-115-grain-fmj-50-rd-box-1000-rd-case-x-4-cases-4000-rds-total-4th-of-july-only-sale-expires-at-midnight-4000-rd-case/

• Like 1
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

I put this thread on timeout for the moment in the hopes that we all will be able to lower the temperature and tensions, a little bit with a breather.

In the meantime I will leave this for consideration and reflection.

YJaWGGm.jpeg

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Moderators

I'm going to add this to this thread.

Something that I've noticed is that there is a list of recurring offenders that seemingly all repeat some or all of the following:

1) Read a comment that someone else has written and then assume it is directed directly at themselves.

2) Reply to that comment in an inflammatory manner, directing it at the other member.

3) Crying foul and then fouling themselves.

4) Assume something was an insult when maybe it truly wasn't.

5) Insult others because of some dispute that was several years back.

I didn't name any members specifically, so I don't expect anyone else to name them for me. If this is you, then know this message was directed at you.

Now, there is something that I've learned about myself at work. I've noticed I have a higher sense of perception than a lot of people. I can be in a meeting and two or three people can be discussing something and disagreeing about it. The thing is, I notice that they aren't actually disagreeing because they aren't even talking about the same thing. Once I point out directly to to them what each of them are "actually meaning" they each nod their head saying, "Yeah yeah, that's what I mean!". Then they realize they aren't actually disagreeing but rather misunderstanding (or in some cases, poorly explaining themselves).

As an inverse of that, I've also noticed that a lot of people seem to have a huge issue with seeing other people's perspective. It doesn't mean that you have to agree with them, but it simply means that you see their perspective and maybe even why they think the way that they do.

I say all of this to simply say, stop bickering. Look, I got told I had TDS at the beginning of this thread but has anyone considered that they have TDSS?

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2024/07/14/trump-shooting-gunman-father-ar-15/74401175007/

I’m starting to get the vibe that this may not have been as ideologically motivated as first assumed. It may very well be just a standard case of a disaffected weirdo looking for fame on his way out. 

I personally believe this is the case for many of the shootings we have. The irony in all this for me is the fact that in less than a week I know the dentist that fitted this guy with braces but the mental state of many of our mass shooters is kept a secret.

1st IN AFTER THE TIMEOUT BTW 🙂

Edited by FUJIMO
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2024/07/14/trump-shooting-gunman-father-ar-15/74401175007/

I’m starting to get the vibe that this may not have been as ideologically motivated as first assumed. It may very well be just a standard case of a disaffected weirdo looking for fame on his way out. 

From that article:

The purchase record and online posting suggest "gun culture was in the home," Squire said. "When we see this at SPLC, it just starts setting off a lot of the same flags that we see all day, every day with the folks and groups that we study."

I just want to point out that this is the mindset of the Southern Poverty Law Center.  SPLC has been held up by people on this forum before as being the kind of organization that you should care about what they think.

Well.  I guess in this case you certainly should.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
6 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Divine intervention.

So. Why didn't the divine intervener save the innocent bystander? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

That article smells like damage control.  Deflect from over the top rhetoric being a factor and blame it on the father being involved in “gun culture.”  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
31 minutes ago, ianb said:

So. Why didn't the divine intervener save the innocent bystander? Asking for a friend.

I've got an opinion, but I don't want to chance putting the thread in lockdown again.

Edited by gun sane
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, gun sane said:

I've got an opinion, but I don't want to chance putting the thread in lockdown again.

I as well but I'm not wasting time on someone who's been a member less than a week 🤣 

• Like 6

Thanks for the linked articles guys. I wouldn't normally look at USA Today. their article was subdued somewhat and even stated they were using unsubstantiated and hacked info leaked by investigators. Not saying it wasn't factual, just that what was written earlier about waiting until the investigation is over bears repeating. The spokesperson did say the rifle was nothing special.

Pure speculation on my part: This was an exceptional young man who was ostracized by his peers and decided to show his father and the gun club how well he could shoot.

The comment on learning why is very relevant and a touchy subject to those of us here in middle Tennessee.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Let us hope this results in a calmer, more subdued DJT. The one thing he has needed from the beginning. I stated earlier in the thread I'd try to refrain from the political aspect so I'll leave it at this.

• Like 2

Biden is calling for calm and lowering the hate. It ain't happening. 

I don't do social media, but I do regularly visit a site that's known  for humor and memes. Its also a popular place for some of the left to post their poop. Especially their hatred for Trump and how evil and dangerous he is. Well, they haven't let up one bit. In fact, its gotten worse.  They're especially zeroing in on the fact that the shooter was a registered republican. They talk about how Trump deserved it, had it coming. I highly suspect that site management is deleting posts suggesting that the shooter shouldn't have missed, but some come real close. The left has grabbed this ball and is running full tilt with it. 💩

So much for the tolerant and peaceful liberals. 🤬 

• Angry 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TGO David said:

From that article:

I just want to point out that this is the mindset of the Southern Poverty Law Center.  SPLC has been held up by people on this forum before as being the kind of organization that you should care about what they think.

Well.  I guess in this case you certainly should.

1 hour ago, deerslayer said:

That article smells like damage control.  Deflect from over the top rhetoric being a factor and blame it on the father being involved in “gun culture.”  

I have not been one to hold the views of the southern preposterous lie center as anything of value in a very long time. Many years ago, they performed a valuable service, but have long since strayed from their original mission.

as far as the article is self goes, the author absolutely has a particular viewpoint that they are trying to push. That’s something one should always be aware of in all media. Still am of the view that there may be data of value to consider here, we shall have a better idea in the fullness of time. 

Lastly, I don’t speak much about my faith because I do not want my weaknesses to push anybody away from drawing close to Christ. In this moment I feel compelled to speak up as a Christian though. Please accept these words with the humility and respect that they are offered.  

It is difficult enough to discern the intentions of man in any individual instance where they are unable to tell them to you. I find it a very risky proposition to ascribe divine motives to any event that cannot be truly tested by scripture. In this particular case, it risks, deifying a mortal man, and putting a divine mandate upon his shoulders.

While I have openly expressed my feelings about President Trump, I am very grateful to God that he was not killed in this attempt on his life. I am praying for the injured, the dead, and their families. But please, to my brothers and sisters in Christ be very cautious before laying a divine imprint upon the events of Saturday.

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 8
13 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Biden is calling for calm and lowering the hate. It ain't happening. 

I don't do social media, but I do regularly visit a site that's known  for humor and memes. Its also a popular place for some of the left to post their poop. Especially their hatred for Trump and how evil and dangerous he is. Well, they haven't let up one bit. In fact, its gotten worse.  They're especially zeroing in on the fact that the shooter was a registered republican. They talk about how Trump deserved it, had it coming. I highly suspect that site management is deleting posts suggesting that the shooter shouldn't have missed, but some come real close. The left has grabbed this ball and is running full tilt with it. 💩

So much for the tolerant and peaceful liberals. 🤬 

Eric Swalwell raises ick factor, uses Trump assassination attempt to goad Republicans · American Wire News

Just doing what dem/lib/soc/comm's do, LIE...

Edited by AuEagle
1 hour ago, ianb said:

He pushed his wife and daughters to the ground and shielded them with his own body to save them. Had he not done so, they might be dead instead of him. Sounds divine to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

southern preposterous lie center

LOL @ ^^^

18 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

as far as the article is self goes, the author absolutely has a particular viewpoint that they are trying to push. That’s something one should always be aware of in all media. 

👍First thing I do when reading an article is see who wrote it. 

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 5