Shooting at Trump rally?

Message added by Chucktshoes,

From here on forward, let’s refrain from making denigrating statements like “your TDS is showing.” or “MAGA is a cult!” It doesn’t further any actual conversation or understanding. It only hardens battle lines. Appreciate in advance the cooperation. 

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

On the other hand, controlling a pissed off 6'3 loudmouth New Yorker who has just been shot by an assassin may not be as straightforward as one may think.  

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here. Somebody isolated out Trump‘s voice in the audio here and it pretty much boils down to him telling his Secret Service detail “yo guys, wait a minute. This #### is gonna go hard as ####!“

https://i.imgur.com/da2t88k.mp4

audio didn’t transfer through so I had to edit to provide you a direct link to the post.

Edited by Chucktshoes
4 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here. Somebody isolated out Trump‘s voice in the audio here and it pretty much boils down to him telling his Secret Service detail “yo guys, wait a minute. This #### is gonna go hard as ####!“

https://i.imgur.com/da2t88k.mp4

audio didn’t transfer through so I had to edit to provide you a direct link to the post.

I can't make heads or tails out of it, but I wouldn't doubt Trump hindered the process.  But I can't knock a guy whose opposition has been calling for his head and who just came probably 1/4" from a funeral.  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 19_A_CPT said:

I really think Kennedy is a better option than both of the candidates, but I will say Trump has shown a little more class recently as in the past. 

What are your thoughts regarding candidates? Who do you support and why? 

I don’t support either candidate. I’m simply anti-Trump.

I’m no fan of Trump. As I stated in an earlier post , Trump started  his campaign in 2015 with negativity and divisiveness. Trump has  increased his negativity and violent rhetoric year upon year. Trump has a history of housing discrimination and cheating contractors. He made jokes when Pelosi’s husband was attacked, he wanted/wants to use the military instead of law enforcement against protestors, and older black people remember Trump wanting the death penalty for five innocent teenagers wrongly accused of rape in Central Park.  After they were exonerated, he didn’t say a word. I was a fan of “The Apprentice”, but nothing about that Mark Burnett fantasy production was real.  As I stated yesterday, I hope Trump takes this assassination attempt as an opportunity to tone down the rhetoric, but I don’t see that happening.  Yesterday’s attack will be a political cash cow and ease Trump down the road into the presidency.

I’m one of the few people who believe Trump is vain enough to support the Heritage Foundation’s  democracy destroying “Project 2025” and still be anti-gun, especially after yesterday.  Lastly, from my point of view as a minority in this country, I believe Trump has made open racism acceptable again with a certain, insecure, older segment of society. To me, that’s unforgivable. 

As for Biden, I have no allegiance to him or the Democrat party.  They are rotten, self serving politicians who take the black vote for granted, but so would the republicans if they could ever regain a footing on that ground. Most blacks have always had mostly conservative leanings, but it appears that we are not welcome in the GOP, especially when no one in that party openly speaks out against the rise in the white nationalist/supremacy movement that no longer lurks in the shadows. At least the democrats fake their desire for diversity. I don’t wear Biden paraphernalia, I don’t watch Biden speeches, I don’t donate any money to Biden. Biden’s only redeeming quality that will earn him my vote again is simply because he’s not Trump. I also believe that Biden should have dropped out of the race in favor of someone who is not so divisive within his own party.  

Edited by Links2k
  • Like 3
  • Moderators
25 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I can't make heads or tails out of it, but I wouldn't doubt Trump hindered the process.  But I can't knock a guy whose opposition has been calling for his head and who just came probably 1/4" from a funeral.  

As they were trying to usher him off the stage, he can be heard saying “wait, wait, wait” before looking out over the crowd and putting his fist up in the air. 

@Links2kI agree with you that they are both "politicians" and probably both have the same 1960's "Southern" mentality. Think Birmingham, Atlanta, Oxford, etc that could be seen in say "Remember the Titans". Segregation after the Civil War until basically the late 60s (maybe early 70s in areas) was wrong and cant be reversed and I assume that's that generation's mentality toward the issue since they were growing up when it was rampant. I know my grandparents and parents (they are older than average) were far right on the subject.

I don't know if it's the Right, the Left, or the Media to blame for the divisiveness. I do know the average American whether they be Black, White, Yellow, etc is far more down to earth and hospitable (in this area anyways). Provided I live in a rural county now, but even when I was in the military and thousands of miles away from home, the outlook portrayed by Media seemed to paint a far worse picture than what the people in our small towns, bases, unit were seeing. 

Don't take my questions the wrong way. Just curious to see who and why you support each side or a third party for my own curiosity. Sometimes people take harmless questioning the wrong way. Both sides are quick to assume the other side or race is poking the bear, which is definitely not my intentions. Just asking for your point of view as my Middle TN, your West TN and people from Atlanta or Pennsylvania all have a different angle or view. 

Edited by 19_A_CPT
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
20 minutes ago, Links2k said:

I don’t support either candidate. I’m simply anti-Trump.

I’m no fan of Trump. As I stated in an earlier post , Trump started  his campaign in 2015 with negativity and divisiveness. Trump has  increased his negativity and violent rhetoric year upon year. Trump has a history of housing discrimination and cheating contractors. He made jokes when Pelosi’s husband was attacked, he wanted/wants to use the military instead of law enforcement against protestors, and older black people remember Trump wanting the death penalty for five innocent teenagers wrongly accused of rape in Central Park.  After they were exonerated, he didn’t say a word. I was a fan of “The Apprentice”, but nothing about that Mark Burnett fantasy production was real.  As I stated yesterday, I hope Trump takes this assassination attempt as an opportunity to tone down the rhetoric, but I don’t see that happening.  Yesterday’s attack will be a political cash cow and ease Trump down the road into the presidency.

I’m one of the few people who believe Trump is vain enough to support the Heritage Foundation’s  democracy destroying “Project 2025” and still be anti-gun, especially after yesterday.  Lastly, from my point of view as a minority in this country, I believe Trump has made open racism acceptable against with a certain, insecure, older segment of society. To me, that’s unforgivable. 

As for Biden, I have no allegiance to him or the Democrat party.  They are rotten, self serving politicians who take the black vote for granted, but so would the republicans if they could ever regain a footing on that ground. Most blacks have always had mostly conservative leanings, but it appears that we are not welcome in the GOP, especially when no one in that party openly speaks out against the rise in the white nationalist/supremacy movement that no longer lurks in the shadows. At least the democrats fake their desire for diversity. I don’t wear Biden paraphernalia, I don’t watch Biden speeches, I don’t donate any money to Biden. Biden’s only redeeming quality that will earn him my vote again is simply because he’s not Trump. I also believe that Biden should have dropped out of the race in favor of someone who is not so divisive within his own party.  

TDS!

Just kidding, I just figured I'd call it first so nobody else will. If someone is going to respond to his post, at least try to make it well thought out.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Is it shameless of me to want to know what caliber the shooter was using?

No. We all kind of thirst for details in moments like this considering reports as of now, and what I can discern from the images and videos of what appears to be in AR style rifle. I’m going to assume that it was a 223/556.

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, 19_A_CPT said:

@Links2kI agree with you that they are both "politicians" and probably both have the same 1960's "Southern" mentality. Think Birmingham, Atlanta, Oxford, etc that could be seen in say "Remember the Titans". Segregation after the Civil War until basically the late 60s (maybe early 70s in areas) was wrong and cant be reversed and I assume that's that generation's mentality toward the issue since they were growing up when it was rampant. I know my grandparents and parents (they are older than average) were far right on the subject.

I don't know if it's the Right, the Left, or the Media to blame for the divisiveness. I do know the average American whether they be Black, White, Yellow, etc is far more down to earth and hospitable (in this area anyways). Provided I live in a rural county now, but even when I was in the military and thousands of miles away from home, the outlook portrayed by Media seemed to paint a far worse picture than what the people in our small towns, bases, unit were seeing. 

Don't take my questions the wrong way. Just curious to see who and why you support each side or a third party for my own curiosity. Sometimes people take harmless questioning the wrong way. Both sides are quick to assume the other side or race is poking the bear, which is definitely not my intentions. Just asking for your point of view as my Middle TN, your West TN and people from Atlanta or Pennsylvania all have a different angle or view. 

I have no problem answering questions if someone wants my opinion. I don’t want to be attacked because of my opinions. Also, you didn’t ask anything that would delve into my personal life. 

Yesterday, there was nothing about this post that warranted name calling or innuendo about race.  Everyone should be appalled by what happened yesterday, and at the same time be able to discuss the occurrence civilly. I always know who is going to start with the shenanigans. Everyone else either engages like an adult or moves on. No harm, no foul. 

Again, feel free to ask about anything that you feel needs clarification. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, GlockSpock said:

What I cannot believe is how "close" this shot was while merely being a flesh wound.

How?

Donald-Trump-Butler-PA-Shooting_69.thumb.jpg.f06ef52250e26af0e1ee21f58ebfbd9b.jpg

Maybe it's Trump trying to connect with the millenials. He'll get one of those large loops in his ear up top.

image.thumb.jpeg.5dcc2754bd88ed0f9a28e545050902c8.jpeg

• Moderators
1 minute ago, GlockSpock said:

Is it possible the shooter missed entirely and hit something wood that splintered?

The only thing around him that really could’ve taken the shot and caused a wound like that where the teleprompters and from the videos they were intact. When you watch at the exact moment of shooting, you realize that he turned his head right before the bullet got to him. It appears to me that if he had not done that the back of his skull would’ve been blown all over the people in the stands behind him. 

• Like 1

Has anyone mentioned this yet.....how was the shooter laying on what looks to be a metal roof in a short sleeve shirt in this weather? I get flashbacks of the metal slides on the playground just thinking about it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, Ruination Fan said:

Has anyone mentioned this yet.....how was the shooter laying on what looks to be a metal roof in a short sleeve shirt in this weather? I get flashbacks of the metal slides on the playground just thinking about it. 

May be why he missed... Dat elbow was on 🔥 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

Maybe it's Trump trying to connect with the millenials. He'll get one of those large loops in his ear up top.

image.thumb.jpeg.5dcc2754bd88ed0f9a28e545050902c8.jpeg

When I first joined up TGO, I tried my level best to not blanketly label the majority of the user base as a bunch of stereotypical Boomers but when I see posts like this, I have a very difficult time thinking otherwise.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Quite frankly, I kinda doubt the Trump detail had their best available agents anyway. 🙄

The best available agents likely go to the President and Vice President protective details.  Then the advance teams for both.  Given the issues we've seen reported (which makes you know there's more unreported), those details have their own issues.

The details for a candidate and former president are probably less than top tier.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Links2k said:

Trump has made open racism acceptable again with a certain, insecure, older segment of society.

1 hour ago, Links2k said:

Most blacks have always had mostly conservative leanings, but it appears that we are not welcome in the GOP, especially when no one in that party openly speaks out against the rise in the white nationalist/supremacy movement that no longer lurks in the shadows. 

For someone whose "people" have been stereotyped for far too long, you sure do paint with a mighty broad brush there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, Ruination Fan said:

Well he did try to kill Pres Trump, I would call it part brain dead, so no pain.

14 minutes ago, LangdoniousRex said:

When I first joined up TGO, I tried my level best to not blanketly label the majority of the user base as a bunch of stereotypical Boomers but when I see posts like this, I have a very difficult time thinking otherwise.

You assume I'm a boomer. I'm Gen X. But thanks for playing.

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, LangdoniousRex said:

There's a reason you are the forgotten generation. Y'all are basically the same.

Spoken like a true expert on the topic. Geez