Shooting at Trump rally?

Message added by Chucktshoes,

From here on forward, let’s refrain from making denigrating statements like “your TDS is showing.” or “MAGA is a cult!” It doesn’t further any actual conversation or understanding. It only hardens battle lines. Appreciate in advance the cooperation. 

53 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

The left will say "see he was one of yours!" but it's pretty clear where his head was.  

We have no idea what thoughts were in his head yet. None. We know he was wearing a Demolition Ranch shirt but may not mean anything either. Both sides are trying to cherry pick facts already. You've got people claiming Trump staged this which is equally ridiculous. 

31 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Well there is that.  

There is what? That video didn't tell us anything new. Republic World is "India's #1 English News Channel". We get our news from an Indian YouTube channel now?

I would not be surprised if the intro to that video is doctored. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 2

Lots of misinformation on the shooter. He's a Republican, he donated to Blue PAC, he's 21 but registered as Republican 3 years ago. He's antifa. That's actually him wearing a demolition ranch T-shirt.

It's all just noise for now

Another thing I find odd or negligent is that a witness saw the shooter maneuvering on the roof and yelled to LEOs and pointed to the roof.  In my experiences with these situations, there would have been a SS agent inside the dispatch center or command post that has radio contact with local LEOs. Upon a report like this being radioed in, the agent would have immediately notified the anti-sniper teams.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Just now, Erik88 said:

We have no idea what thoughts were in his head yet. None. We know he was wearing a Demolition Ranch shirt but may not mean anything either. Both sides are trying to cherry pick facts already. You've got people claiming Trump staged this which is equally ridiculous. 

I agree - let's get some facts and not go riot.  I was chastised as a racist the last time I made this observation.   

Just now, Erik88 said:

There is what? That video didn't tell us anything new. Republic World is "India's #1 English News Channel". We get our news from an Indian YouTube channel now?

I would not be surprised if the into to that video is doctored. 

The video is definitely odd, but appears to be the same guy that SS killed.  Maybe it's another "cheap fake."  If the video is legit, I doubt it will be broadcast all over MSM.  So yeah, Indian news may be more relevant these days.  

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Defender said:

Another thing I find odd or negligent is that a witness saw the shooter maneuvering on the roof and yelled to LEOs and pointed to the roof.  In my experiences with these situations, there would have been a SS agent inside the dispatch center or command post that has radio contact with local LEOs. Upon a report like this being radioed in, the agent would have immediately notified the anti-sniper teams.   

Well, according to the Carrot Top witness, the cops he was yelling at were like "what do you mean?" and didn't react very quickly.  So SS may not have even been notified.  Notified or not, not having eyes on that roof is baffling.  

• Like 4

Just saw Dan Bongino saying much the same as I did about the counter-snipers and the overall failure of the SS. I had forgotten that the SS director was a female.  DEI appears to have been in play here.  Am I bad for thinking that?

• Like 6

Lots of speculation, woulda, shoulda, coulda, disinformation and out right lies all over the TV and internet right now. Conspiracy theories abound. The simple fact is that there' very little proven info right now. So just hold up a bit and wait for real facts before making any conclusions. 

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Defender said:

Just saw Dan Bongino saying much the same as I did about the counter-snipers and the overall failure of the SS. I had forgotten that the SS director was a female.  DEI appears to have been in play here.  Am I bad for thinking that?

I have no problem with female leadership and I don’t assume a female is a diversity hire.  The best boss I ever had was a woman.  But I wouldn’t be surprised if diversity hires played some part in this failure.  

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Defender said:

No you’re not   And Bongino is. an expert in these types of events. As he has been there done that. As people say 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Links2k said:

As far as the assassination attempt. I don’t like Trump. I don’t want Trump to be my president again, but no one deserves what happened to him today.  I’m certain his family was traumatized. 

I really think Kennedy is a better option than both of the candidates, but I will say Trump has shown a little more class recently as in the past. 

What are your thoughts regarding candidates? Who do you support and why? 

• Moderators

For those wondering about the ineptitude displayed by the Secret Service yesterday, I’m going to share the thoughts I’d a friend of mine who worked as a PMC in security capacities in and out of war zones. (He’s now a firefighter and a family man.)

“Firefighters im riding with are like “How did this happen?” And im like “guys, this sounds ridiculous but I have almost a decade of protecting diplomats under my belt and we do *not* regard the secret service well.”

These are the guys whose A-Team ####ed up an entire GD diplomatic mission because they stiffed an underage prostitute for like 30 bucks.“

So there may not be anything more than luck and myths working that this hasn’t happened more often. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, 19_A_CPT said:

I really think Kennedy is a better option than both of the candidates, but I will say Trump has shown a little more class recently as in the past. 

What are your thoughts regarding candidates? Who do you support and why? 

Kennedy is just another gun grabbing libtard like biden.

What is RFK Jr.ʼs stance on gun control? | [July Updated] (thegunzone.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

For those wondering about the ineptitude displayed by the Secret Service yesterday, I’m going to share the thoughts I’d a friend of mine who worked as a PMC in security capacities in and out of war zones. (He’s now a firefighter and a family man.)

“Firefighters im riding with are like “How did this happen?” And im like “guys, this sounds ridiculous but I have almost a decade of protecting diplomats under my belt and we do *not* regard the secret service well.”

These are the guys whose A-Team ####ed up an entire GD diplomatic mission because they stiffed an underage prostitute for like 30 bucks.“

So there may not be anything more than luck and myths working that this hasn’t happened more often. 

No offense to you, but who knows if your friends opinion is worth anything. A lot of people that run in that circle are highly competitive alpha male types that all think they are the best operators. This could be something as simple as complacency. All the training in the world can fall apart if people think the odds of something happening are low.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

No offense to you, but who knows if your friends opinion is worth anything. A lot of people that run in that circle are highly competitive alpha male types that all think they are the best operators. This could be something as simple as complacency. All the training in the world can fall apart if people think the odds of something happening are low.

Seems like I might have touched a nerve there. 🤔 That ain’t him, but you wouldn’t know that. I do. I find his views based on his experiences of value to consider,  or I wouldn’t have shared them. Folks can do with them what they will. 

It’s ok that one may be put off by an assertion that so directly contradicts the accepted narratives surrounding the SS. I mean, 20-30 years ago who would’ve imagined the FBI having the reputation that they have developed?

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 7

The Secret Service is just another Federal Agency. With the current administration, DEI and all the other various BS that's invaded our government, plus the obvious failures of other alphabet agencies, why would anybody expect them to actually be competent? 

As far as I can remember, when was the last time SS was actually called upon to protect somebody? The Reagan shooting? 

Quite frankly, I kinda doubt the Trump detail had their best available agents anyway. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
2 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Seems like I might have touched a nerve there

Not at all and I didn't intend for it to sound that way. I'm simply saying that the opinion of your friend is just that, an opinion. One of the many will hear.

I don't have strong opinions about them. If they are as bad as your friend claims, they have hid it pretty well. This is their first major screw up in how many decades? Trying to remember the last time something even close to this happened. I'm gonna guess a lot of people will end up losing their job over this. 

13 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Not at all and I didn't intend for it to sound that way. I'm simply saying that the opinion of your friend is just that, an opinion. One of the many will hear.

I don't have strong opinions about them. If they are as bad as your friend claims, they have hid it pretty well. This is their first major screw up in how many decades? Trying to remember the last time something even close to this happened. I'm gonna guess a lot of people will end up losing their job over this. 

You don’t remember the prostitute debacle overseas a while back?

Nevermind. I doubt MSNBC ever reported it.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
28 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I get that, and I don’t present what he said as being authoritative, but simply something to consider. There’s a lot of information coming out, and a lot of opinions being proffered. We are well within the window of the 72 hour rule and it is wise to not make any final decisions or judgments based upon the information available as of this moment.

That said, while these guys do a lot of training, it is also the first time any of them have actually had to do their job in the sense of being in the moment they are training for.

8 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

That said, while these guys do a lot of training, it is also the first time any of them have actually had to do their job in the sense of being in the moment they are training for.

I am in absolutely no position to point fingers, but it does seem like it took forever for them to get him off stage and out of there and he was quite exposed for a while after being hit.  I was very surprised that Trump was able to get his Iwo Jima photo with blood on his face and his fist in the air.  I thought he would be smothered by agents and not even visible.  If he wanted to pose for photos and get his shoes, I wouldn't think any of that would be allowed.  I suspect Bongino will have a lot to say about all this.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I am in absolutely no position to point fingers, but it does seem like it took forever for them to get him off stage and out of there and he was quite exposed for a while after being hit.  I was very surprised that Trump was able to get his Iwo Jima photo with blood on his face and his fist in the air.  I thought he would be smothered by agents and not even visible.  If he wanted to pose for photos and get his shoes, I wouldn't think any of that would be allowed.  I suspect Bongino will have a lot to say about all this.  

On the other hand, controlling a pissed off 6'3 loudmouth New Yorker who has just been shot by an assassin may not be as straightforward as one may think.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 7