Shooting at Trump rally?

Message added by Chucktshoes,

From here on forward, let’s refrain from making denigrating statements like “your TDS is showing.” or “MAGA is a cult!” It doesn’t further any actual conversation or understanding. It only hardens battle lines. Appreciate in advance the cooperation. 

3 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I suppose you forgot about Gabby Giffords. 

At best Loughner was an "independent" . He is credited with being neither right nor left in his political leanings. 

Try again. 🤨

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Nope.  Loughner was a drug addicted schizo who friends and family said had no interest in politics.  And he was a mass shooter, not an assassin with a target.  

Well, she was definitely a liberal and definitely shot, so he did raise a valid point.

3 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Well, she was definitely a liberal and definitely shot, so he did raise a valid point.

Did Loughner even know?  Or care?  And were Republicans calling for her assassination?  Apples and oranges.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, gregintenn said:

I just hope this isn’t the event that kicks off the second civil war. Folks, we are not in a good place at the moment.

It's gonna happen. Might as well get it over with.

Just now, deerslayer said:

Nope.  Loughner was a drug addicted schizo who friends and family said had no interest in politics.  And he was a mass shooter, not an assassin with a target.  

Just stop. Allow yourself to admit there are some seriously unstable people on both sides of this horrible political system we have created. Look at the madness that occurred January 6th. We are heading down a dangerous path where people have gotten way too invested in their party.

Today's events are terrible.  The only person that benefits from it is Trump. I can only imagine what kind of crazy conspiracy theories come next. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, GlockSpock said:

Now everyone here will get to vote for an anti-gun president. 

Based upon the rhetoric about Trump’s potential future policies and the alleged “Project 2025” agenda, I fully expected Trump to be anti-gun before today’s assassination attempt. Today might have sealed the deal. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Erik88 said:

Just stop. Allow yourself to admit there are some seriously unstable people on both sides of this horrible political system we have created. Look at the madness that occurred January 6th. We are heading down a dangerous path where people have gotten way too invested in their party.

Today's events are terrible.  The only person that benefits from it is Trump. I can only imagine what kind of crazy conspiracy theories come next. 

I'm sure one of the existing conspiracy theories will cover this event.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Erik88 said:

Stop what?  One side has a lot more guns and hasn’t started using them.  Just admit that the rhetoric on the left went too far and one of their crazies took it to heart.  You really can’t compare both sides at this point.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
2 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Based upon the rhetoric about Trump’s potential future policies and the alleged “Project 2025” agenda, I fully expected Trump to be anti-gun before today’s assassination attempt. Today might have sealed the deal. 

TDS, Morpheus. You got it!

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Stop what?  One side has a lot more guns and hasn’t started using them.  Just admit that the rhetoric on the left went too far and one of their crazies took it to heart.  You really can’t compare both sides at this point.  

Exactly. Where ARE all those MAGA extremists? Liberals are insane. You or I can't say anything to help,

Edited by mikegideon
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

If that's true, how in the world did secret service allow him to get up there. Hard to imagine. 

I want to know how people here already know who did the shooting. They may be correct, but damn, let the investigation begin first. Also, I lost faith in the SS after they deleted those January 6th phone logs. 

Edited by Links2k
  • Like 6
9 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

TDS, Morpheus. You got it!

You've mentioned TDS twice in this thread already. Do you have any original thoughts to add to the conversation? 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

I will try to avoid the political end of this, I'm sure it will be covered.

Saw the vid in slow motion,

1. Trump grabbed his ear and kept speaking, looked at his hand and put it back to his ear before SS floored him. Secret Service was slow.
2. How did security allow someone to climb the back of the bleachers. Security was lax
3. Secret Service agent infront of Trump after he was put into his vehicle couldn't find her holster.
4. Shooter got off more than one shot.

Several people need more training. And before anyone brings it up, I know about stress and adrenalin and that is what we train for.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1