This isn't a big deal or anything, but i've noticed that i basically cannot upload any pictures due to the file size limit. even taking a snip of a picture isn't small enough. I think the limit is around 12kb total. However, i can save images from other users and they're closer to a MB. Maybe I did bad and got a lower limit than others? just figured i would ask.

Do you have other pictures used on the site? If so, you may be up against that limit. There is a size limit of that folder. Try deleting some of the pictures in that folder.

• Like 1
On 7/11/2024 at 12:04 PM, RED333 said:

Do you have other pictures used on the site? If so, you may be up against that limit. There is a size limit of that folder. Try deleting some of the pictures in that folder.

If you look in the fun pics thread alone, we have users with nearly a terabyte worth of meme pics posted. Just doesn't seem like the total size of all pics could be the problem, but I've been wrong way more often than I can count.

43 minutes ago, BigK said:

If you look in the fun pics thread alone, we have users with nearly a terabyte worth of meme pics posted. Just doesn't seem like the total size of all pics could be the problem, but I've been wrong way more often than I can count.

perk of lifetime? dunno. Everything i post is in fun or jokes anyway. aint even mad

• Like 1
21 hours ago, TGO David said:

Are you uploading straight from your phone?

you mean i shouldn't upload my 200mp photos? 馃槃

it's a combination of phone and PC. I just haven't ever hit that limit before. It made sense once i realized it.

• Administrator
17 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

you mean i shouldn't upload my 200mp photos? 馃槃

it's a combination of phone and PC. I just haven't ever hit that limit before. It made sense once i realized it.

Yeah... uploading from a phone can result in trying to send a MASSIVE file to the server.

Since yesterday I made some more changes to our software config that will allow most photos聽to be uploaded, but the forum software is still going to shrink them before attaching them to posts.

This whole thing is a never-ending game of Chase The Rabbit since every new iteration of phones seems to bring even higher resolution photos with larger file sizes.

• Like 2

Some of us that post a lot of photos use a different host for photos and only use a link to show them on TGO. 聽If you download one of the photos it comes from the private host not TGO. 聽I do enough stuff online that I pay for a private host with a lot of space.