Fun guns to shoot?

CylonGlitch

I’m stuck for the next two months in a gun unfriendly place.  I have a vacation home here.  My family from over seas are coming to visit for the first time in almost 10 years.  Last time they were here, I had my whole gun collection here and we went shooting, they had a blast.  Of course, out of everything they want to do when here, is to go shooting!  No guns allowed in their country

This time, everything has been moved to TN.   I can’t buy a handgun since I’m no longer a resident, but I can buy long guns.   The range we normally go to, due to new laws here, don’t allow rentals anymore.   Thus, I’m stuck.   BUT….  I can buy some long guns, maybe 2 to 4 of them.   

So, what is a FUN gun to shoot?  (Everyone is really going to be adults, but a lot of women). 

I have :

* Multiple AR15’s 

* Winchester 30/30

* Couple of shotguns

* Mossy Patriot in 6.5c

But none of those are here.  Any suggestion on what to pick up would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by CylonGlitch

Nothing wrong with a good old Marlin Model 60. Used ones aren't expensive and they're great shooters. 

Rossi makes a sweet little copy of the Winchester 62 pump gun. Mine and a set of spinners makes for a really fun day. 

Henry makes several lever guns in .22 and they aren't pricey. 

Any one of which would serve your needs well. 👍

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Clutch80 said:

Since they are not very experienced, go with a lever gun in .22LR and/or Ruger 10/22. Fun and reliable and, if you don't want to keep them, you can sell them quickly after you are done with them.

I was thinking of this very route.

They aren’t very experienced, and yes, I’ll definitely get a 22.   But I’m also going to probably pick up something bigger as they like that as well the last time they were here.   I do like the Henry Lever actions, those are nice.   🙂   

Thanks for the suggestions.

BTW, can’t really easily sell them, CA laws are really stupid.

Ruger 10/22

Any semi-automatic 20 gauge

Lever action in .357mag/.38 Spcl

Bolt action in .223/5.56 to shoot watermelons with (they'll love it)

Targets matter. The more action/instant feedback the better. Full soda cans. Clay pigeons. Water bottles or milk jugs filled with water. Ballons. Watermelons.

The less kick the gun has, the more fun they'll have. 

17 minutes ago, Frog4aday said:

Targets matter. The more action/instant feedback the better. Full soda cans. Clay pigeons. Water bottles or milk jugs filled with water. Ballons. Watermelons.

Very valid point. Much more fun than just punching holes in paper. I have some spinners that are a blast to shoot. 😃

• Like 1

Went to the local gun shop, turns out you can’t even buy long guns in CA without being a resident.  You can’t buy AMMO without being a resident!   This seems to be unconstitutional.

I own homes in CA and TN, but my primary residence is in TN.   So why should I be forced to give up my 2nd amendment rights in CA?

7 hours ago, CylonGlitch said:

So why should I be forced to give up my 2nd amendment rights in CA?

Because it's working SO well for them, there. There are hardly any shootings at all in LA, SF, and their other metropolitan areas, right? 

One of my buddies lives in the Sacramento area and was turned down on an ammo purchase recently. It turned out that it was because he'd not purchased any in "x" number of years. He had to go through the background check again to buy a box of .380 ACP. I don't know how people there put up with it.

My home state, Washington, is rapidly catching up. I'm so glad to live in Tennessee now!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, CylonGlitch said:

So why should I be forced to give up my 2nd amendment rights in CA?

Because it is a bunch of lefty, commie pukes that live in that state voted it all in. I know there are some very right, leaning constitutional people that live in the state as well, but because of the way people vote in the large cities they’re allowed to make policy for the entire state. As far as you have houses there, sell them things and get out. If you wanna shoot go to Arizona.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, CylonGlitch said:

Went to the local gun shop, turns out you can’t even buy long guns in CA without being a resident.  You can’t buy AMMO without being a resident!   This seems to be unconstitutional.

I own homes in CA and TN, but my primary residence is in TN.   So why should I be forced to give up my 2nd amendment rights in CA?

Because your fellow citizens voted it in. Why don't you thank them the next time you visit CA ?

Edited by FUJIMO
  • Like 3

I’d just sell the house out there. Quit feeding them tax money. If you need to go to Cali, rent or lease and give them the big 🖕

Invite your friends to Tennessee instead. And if you really need to be ear Disney, buy a house in Orlando! 🙂