Bbq time

tercel89

Time for old fashioned style bbqq cooking. Burn barrel and pit with lots of oak wood slabs. I got a few pork shoulders and some thick cut pork belly. Going to keep it going for 12 hrs. It's hard on the back bending over and shoveling wood every hour but worth it. I'll try to post some pictures of it when it's done. 

20240703_192819.jpg

20240703_192917.jpg

IMG_5163.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I do quite a bit of smoking myself. But I smoke butts to temp. Specifically 203 degrees. Sometimes it takes 10 hours, I've had it take as long as 26. I put 2 8 pounders on Monday night and they finished up right at 18 hours. I pretty much always do a pound or two of cream cheese if I start the smoker up, everybody loves it. 

• Like 3

I can't get pictures of what I'm seeing now cause it's 1:12 am and dark  but the smoke is rolling out of the cracks of the blocks and the wood top. Dang it's darn near sexy ! The smell is heavenly.  I just turned the meat and took a taste. DAYUM !!!! I got some more hours to go. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.