John Force Hospitalized After Crash

1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

The man is a racing legend. But he's 75! He shoulda retired a long time ago.聽馃檮

Anyway, I wish him well.聽聽馃憤

Lol! That was my first thought. I was expecting to read he fell out of a wheelchair or off a Wal Mart scooter.

• Haha 4
  • Moderators

I agree he needs to retire before serious injuries. I've met him a few times and his passion for drag racing is off the charts. I don't think he has anyway of turning it off. He would probably rather go out in a car than any other way.聽

• Like 1
19 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

I hope John Force retires from behind the wheel and decides to run the Force Organization and lets the younger people do the driving. I never thought Funny Cars would ever break the 300 MPH but they said John was over 300 just before the crash!!! I remember when聽 Don Gartlets cracked the 200 mile mark in a rail dragster.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
20 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I hope John Force retires from behind the wheel and decides to run the Force Organization and lets the younger people do the driving. I never thought Funny Cars would ever break the 300 MPH but they said John was over 300 just before the crash!!! I remember when聽 Don Gartlets cracked the 200 mile mark in a rail dragster.

The record is 341mph now. Regular run in the 330s.聽

Based on what I'm reading I don't think he'll drive anymore.聽

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Met John Force for the first time in99 he was at an opening of an auto parts store in Nashville great guy. I have several of his autographs including a castorol jacket from the 49th US Nationals. There is an autograph picture of him hanging in my son鈥檚 room. Saw him run at the 49th and 50th US Nationals. I have followed him since I was a kid and he was still driving Oldsmobile. Hope he recovers聽

• Like 1