Courtney Johnston - 5th Congrtional District

• Admin Team

Probably worth noting that Johnson lost her primary bid to Ogles last night.

Early voting in Davidson county had her up by 22%.  Election Day voters outside of Nashville really put him over the edge.

That probably has the TN GOP feeling validated about breaking up TN05, but also likely has some of them looking over their shoulders as the general draws near.

I was watching this. Unfortunately, Chris Spencer didn't win he is bid against Ferrell Haile either. I really should have tried to buy some votes up there for Spencer.

16 hours ago, DHF said:

I was watching this. Unfortunately, Chris Spencer didn't win he is bid against Ferrell Haile either. I really should have tried to buy some votes up there for Spencer.

With only 14% of registered voters even bothering I'm not sure you could pay them all. Piss poor

• Like 1
On 7/30/2024 at 4:49 PM, DHF said:

I'm with you. When I watched one of her ads and she called him that (a do-nothing politician), I was wondering if she was trying to sell me on him.  I am actually thinking about running for office in the future and using that as my slogan.  "I'm Your Do-Nothing Guy.  I promise to not do anything except actively blocking everything."

You'd get my vote. Just follow through.

27 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I guess it’s worth noting here that Ogles got raided by the feds this week.  

I think it's like a milestone for politicians to get "raided" by three letter agencies.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I guess it’s worth noting here that Ogles got raided by the feds this week.  

I saw that.  What I find interesting/disturbing is that I don't care.  I'll still take a corrupt, self-serving a-hole (if that is even what he is) over some wanna be who thinks the bill of rights is conditional.  It's sad but here we are. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Admin Team
27 minutes ago, DHF said:

I saw that.  What I find interesting/disturbing is that I don't care.  I'll still take a corrupt, self-serving a-hole (if that is even what he is) over some wanna be who thinks the bill of rights is conditional.  It's sad but here we are. 

I guess I’m holding out hope to for someone with respect for rights and who isn’t straight up corrupt.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

I guess I’m holding out hope to for someone with respect for rights and who isn’t straight up corrupt.

I do as well but until we get term limits and probably some other reforms/restrictions, I doubt we'll see many.  If that even helps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2024 at 1:13 PM, Whisper said:

Too bad Scott DesJarlais didn't lose, too.  Thomas Davis would have been an improvement.

Agreed as he used to be my rep, he is awful. I have Andy now, he's better the Scott but don't trust him.

While I’m glad that they broke up the 5th and ended the dems (Jim Cooper) stranglehold on it, I am not real happy in my move from the former 5th to the 6th, and John Rose. John may be good, but seems like he has little interest in his new constituents to his west, I.e. former 5th residents.  Maybe it’s just me, but, living in Goodlettsville, a ‘suburb’ of Nashville, I’m more concerned with things that impact living in this area than the rural area that John Rose is used to representing. I feel disenfranchised.  No, I won’t vote for a Democrat, LOL, but just wish they had carved up the district a little differently.  Guess you can’t please verbose, though. And I do realize the difference between Tennessee reps and U.S. reps, LOL.

• Admin Team
21 minutes ago, Defender said:

While I’m glad that they broke up the 5th and ended the dems (Jim Cooper) stranglehold on it, I am not real happy in my move from the former 5th to the 6th, and John Rose. John may be good, but seems like he has little interest in his new constituents to his west, I.e. former 5th residents.  Maybe it’s just me, but, living in Goodlettsville, a ‘suburb’ of Nashville, I’m more concerned with things that impact living in this area than the rural area that John Rose is used to representing. I feel disenfranchised.  No, I won’t vote for a Democrat, LOL, but just wish they had carved up the district a little differently.  Guess you can’t please verbose, though. And I do realize the difference between Tennessee reps and U.S. reps, LOL.

John Rose is likely to care less about serving anyone next year when he starts running for governor.

• Confused 1
3 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

John Rose is likely to care less about serving anyone next year when he starts running for governor.

I hadn’t heard that.  Reckon he will be as Rhino as Bill Lee?